To All (w/ respects)

So i've just started my first grow, I've got 1 seed (I did not germanise the seed) in a large plastic container with regular backyard soil (was crushed so that is not clumpy and lightly placed into the container so it was not compacted), the container is filled with foil to reflect light and i have a single 42 watt CFL and i know that it's not enough but it's all i've got and i'm working on changing that soon but for now its my circumstance and i realise i do need more so don't dwell on that matter. I'm also keeping the water moist and the light on 24/7. I am unaware of what type of seed it is and i have no fan but am getting one small battery powered fan to support it it 1 days time.

So based off all this info will my plant grow? it doesn't have to be a high quality or a great grow, just will it grow? and i understand it is likely to take a lot longer but how long are we talking about here?

Also cheap tips and tricks would be appreciated,

Regards,

Hey man, ya plant will grow. Piss the foil off as it will do more harm than good. The CFL u got now will do ok for a week or two untill you get a decent veg CFL. That will do untill flower when you will need a hps. Good media is the way to go so see how it goes or a week or so but I would be wanting a decent soil or coco. Think about nutes and what not in the next week or so.

Thanks mate, you think you could explain the foil theory to me because some say it's good some say it's bad? Also how much am i looking at spending on a good "veg CFL" and what am i looking for? also what is a hps and is the reason there needed because of the wider spectrum or because of more lighting wats? plus what are some good cheap souls and nutes?

Have a squiz through cannaversity. In short, alfoil gets hot spots, white reflects better. 130 w CFL or some t5's are good. Bout a hundred bucks for the 130w. Hps for spectrum and penetration of the canopy. I use and recommend house and garden coco and coco nutes, especially if you lack gardening experience.

Have a read through cannaversity though. There is many many options on growing. What's beat for me may mot be neat for you.

Thanks,

i'm growing it in an old toy clear reptile cage thing, its bout as wide as my elbow to my index and about half as long, it would be an inconvenience to pain as its already got the soil and my seed in it, would it be possible to use paper? or like a laminated sheet of something that would reflect? something i could just chuck in, but that being said i haven't read a lot yet and am just about to sit down and read into all the extra info i need.

my budget is quite low as in under $100 but i'd like to add bits and pieces each week so all i'm looking to do is keep it alive, and grow

yeah... fuck cfls, they're good for clones and poor people.

High Pressure Sodium lighting is the go...

That or MH (metal Halide)

Some say MH is the best for Veg, HPS is the best for flower.

Others (Like myself) Use HPS lighting all the way through the grow (except when they're clones)

Some... others... I call 'em fucken weirdos... reckon LEDs are good for somethin...

Personally, LEDS are enough to give me the shits and that's about it...

Sign up for a new account and dont tell people it's you... Don't use facey to log into a pot site... I mean... how old are ya? Didn't the scouts teach ya somethin?

...I dunno, kids these days.

:bongon: