hawaiian baby woodrose germination

Hey peeps,

I've been holding onto a hbwr seed for a few years now (i chowed the rest!!) and as i had a few MJ seedlings/cuttings to do curiosity got me to dig it out and see if it was still viable. I gently filed the husk, knicked lightly away from the germ eye. I popped it into a small glass of water and after about 2-3 days it had swelled and slightly cracked!! Yay! I have put it in a pot with some fresh potting mix/perlite just temporarily so i can organise an area down the back to plant it in. I'm just watering lightly for now but am wondering how to build the right kind of soil up for it? Its very sandy around my area. I was also wondering if fish emulsion would be safe to feed it once it pops right up? Any help would be great! Cheers!

G`day, its a form of convolvolus if its true Hawaiian woodrose, quite common in more tropical climates if I`m led to believe that I`ve seen during me days out.

The nicking or scraping aint necessary but helps from that I hear, Now its moving, throw it in a good rich soil and watch it grow...heheh

From seed I hear it takes a cpl years to flower and vine out.

As to feeding it while in a pot, general consensus is little but as necessary, being a creeper by nature it needs footroom more than anything...

Good luck with it, mind you, Id spend $5 on an established plant and espallier it for results within 1st season, seed can be very hit and miss regarding maturity and habit. This is coming from successful gardeners I know, not personal exp`...

JAIKAI