First Indoor Grow Help!

Ok so I got myself a 250W HSP & 250W MH Lights along with everything else I think I will need to start a grow under the house. I started setting up a bit but I got someone coming to install a cable connection in the next 2 weeks so im on hold for now.

I decided to try veg some plants from seeds in my wardrobe to get the ball rolling.. I got 5 philips 24W tornado cool daylight Bulbs which are something like this:

http://www.ecat.ligh...29689848603_eu/

I put some seeds in water for a few days & planted a couple yesterday. Since then i've had nothing but trouble with the tempeture & humitidity..

I was on 20% humitidity & 32 Degree C yesterday.. I put cups & bowls of water to raise the humitidity with a little success & tried moving lights higher & lower..

I feel asleep last night after turning 2 lights off (I marked them in the pic as "1&2" )

Then I woke up this morning to find the humitidity just on 40% & Temp around 27-28 C (That was with 3 lights on)

Now turning the other 2 lights back on the temp is raising to 30+ & humitidity is lowering..

WHAT DO I DO??? Add more cups of water? Im thinking about buying a little USB or battery powered fan to run, maybe that will drop the temp a little? I tried with laptop cooling fans last night but it just seemed to lower the humitidity :S

Should I turn lights 1 & 2 back off? Here are some pics, Any help will be much appreshiated :)

Also with the pics, I have the seeds planted in the 2 white cups in the middle, Im focusing on how hot it is right where the plants are about to pop.. Im also on a tight budget! :(

Timmers are running 18 ON 6 OFF..

post-47435-0-93957200-1331231972_thumb.jpg

post-47435-0-71905300-1331232074_thumb.jpg

post-47435-0-08470100-1331232123_thumb.jpg

You will definitely need some kind of air exchange, i.e at least a fan sucking air out of the box and away from it preferably.

What you have now is a rudimentary oven. If you can't manage a fan right now you'll have to turn some of those lights off I suppose but that's a very short term fix.

What is your budget? Can you leave them outside during the day and just bring in at night to extend the light hours?

Naycha :peace:

Edited by Naycha
  • Upvote 1

You will definitely need some kind of air exchange, i.e at least a fan sucking air out of the box and away from it preferably.

What you have now is a rudimentary oven. If you can't manage a fan right now you'll have to turn some of those lights off I suppose but that's a very short term fix.

What is your budget? Can you leave them outside during the day and just bring in at night to extend the light hours?

Im practically broke for about the next 6 months I recon. I dont think I will be able to afford to smoke much unless I can grow my own..

I could leave them outside during the day but the weather is not so good..

I dont think having a exhaust fan at the bottom would be ideal would it? So i'd have to be looking at getting into the roof & installing one above?

I got a bathroom exhaust fan I was using for later it only cost me $15 at my local warehouse, I could use that, its a 250mm fan, im not sure if that'll be too big for a small room?

Edited by Shadow09

I'd put them outside during the day then and all your problems are solved. Even overcast weather the plant will do better than under fluros. Just bring them in at night to extend the light hours and being a bit warmer helps too.

Ok I will give that a try, the sun in just coming up so i'll put them out now. How many lights do you think I should have on at night? Should I give them a couple of hours darkness?

Currently I just leave mine out all day and put them in my bathroom at night with the light on.

It's up to you whether to give them some darkness. Since you're on a tight budget you can give them up to 6 hours of darkness if you like.

The plants in this post (except the ones in the cloner of course) are some of the ones I bring in at night, they are loving it.