Crippling anxiety/paranoia. Suggest a NARCOTIC STRAIN

smokditup

Question

Hey guys, Ive had anxiety/depression all of my life . Ive been on prozac and many anti anxiety drugs and whatnot.

Im frequently visiting doctors for body tingles , body cramps, head pains and i always think the worse. They tell me im fine and just go relax!

Simply I cant. Ive been exercising, eating healthy , Trying to give up the ciggys.. But nope not working...

2 Years ago I had a severe addiction to Valium. And was up to 30mg - 40mg a day.

Ive had some horrible terryfing experiences with smoking cannabis.. Mostly sativa strains (outdoor stuff)

Its been a couple of years since ive smoked properly. Ive been smoking some DNA rocklock recently that I grew myself and It does calm me down alot and I like how its similar to valium. 20minutes into the smoke the affects really creep in. Im sure its a hybrid..

What im after is a real knock me on my ass strain, similar to valium, similar to heroin. I want to feel numb. I want to feel content and so relaxed. Every muscle in my body is relaxed. I have a clear head...

I seem to ponder my thoughts when smoking sometimes too..and i REFUSE to smoke any shit that i dont know the strain of. I couldnt imagine smoking a very high THC sativa . I would go off the rictor with paranoid thoughts, heart palpatations and whatnot..

So if anyone out there can recommend a narcotic strain that will knock me down. Please contribute. Im In desperate need at the moment.

Ive done some research on "BLACK DOMINA" it looks good..

• Upvote 1

I agree with Aj, They may have lumped cannabis into the Schdule One drugs, however, that doesnt mean its medically/chemically a narcotic.

Narcotics are determined by their action on the body. Cannabanoids are in a different class to the alkalnoids such as opium and cocain. unfortunatley they are all classed as schedule one and put under the banner Narcotic wich must be more of a legal term than a scientific one.

"narcotics; which are substances whose ultimate effect upon the animal system is to produce torpor and insensibility;"

wear as substances like anphetamine are not narcotics ^ Carl B. Schultz (1983). NOTE AND COMMENT: Statutory Classification of Cocaine as a Narcotic: An Illogical Anachronism. 9 Am. J. L. and Med. 225.

AND as the above link sugguest to furter flout the definiton, coke is a schedule one drug therefore its a narcotic but not my pharmacological defnition purly legal.

What i dont understand when Defnitions are this stuffed up how does anyone go to jail for drugs at all!

Edited by iTiC
  • Upvote 1

Over the last year or 2 i've been having a bit of an issue with anxiety/ paranoia but only when stoned. I don't know if its cuse i've been smoking the same strain for the last 5 years roughly but i found by swapping to just hash i have no probs at all any more. Course you need to grow enough bud to make enough hash which in turn can cause a whole fresh set of anxiety/ paranoia issues.....

good luck with it mate, i really feel for ya. My wife has issues with anxiety & has done for years so i feel your pain. Power to ya dude.

Cannabis is an effective drug at reducing anxiety and depression when your smoking and it's in your system, but if you stop smoking it seams to make things alot worse. Tell your doctor everything, anxiety and depression are serious health conditions and are not to be taken lightly. Paranoia and pyschosis is equally if not more serious. If your getting anti anxiety and anti depression effects from the cannabis that's fucking awesome but if your paranoia is getting worse and you have a psychosis you should not smoke.

As much as cannabis is a wonderful plant/drug , some people are just better off not using it , despite what some say.

However that being said, cannabis is a wonderful plant with many medicinal qualities that can help improve an array of medical conditions including depression and anxiety,

Smoking cannabis can definately improve your anxiety and depression. It works in a similar way to an anti- depressants by increasing the dopamine or serotonin in your brain when your under its affects

The high sativa dominant strains seam to be more trippy and paranoia/anxiety inducing. If you get used to smoking it, the paranoia and anxiety can either decrease or increase. Sativas have been noted to help with depression, giving you energy and motivating you too do things during the day.

However if you must be inclined. I would recommend a heavy indica strain, afghani, northernlights, pure 100% couchlock indica.

Some strains noted for anti anxiety include blueberry and blue moonshine.

Good luck and let us know how you go and whether the stuff improves your condition. It can really improve your condition but note when your not smoking

Cheers,

Anthesis

Edited by Anthesis

Hey guys, Ive had anxiety/depression all of my life . Ive been on prozac and many anti anxiety drugs and whatnot.

Im frequently visiting doctors ... They tell me im fine and just go relax!

Hi smokditup. I sympathise with you, man. I've had this problem, too, only in the past I used alcohol to control it. This was terrible, and it messed my life up a lot. Luckily, I have since rediscovered the benign pleasures of weed, and its soothing effects on the nervous system. 

Personally, I have found that a good indica is useful, along with some pharmaceutical meds. I know that a lot of people here don't agree with them, and I respect that, however I have found that a very low dose (ie. 50mg) of the antidepressant Venlafaxine is excellent at removing anxiety problems. I would recommend it (along with a nice deep toke!) to anybody suffering from the curse of anxiety. 

BTW - any doctor who tells you to "just go relax" is a complete idiot. Get another doctor. There are good ones out there who are sympathetic to psych issues. Good luck!

Edited by SpaceMonkey23

Every individual reacts uniquely to the stimuli of drug ingestion, some drugs might excite beyond what those ingesting it could ever have assumed it will whereas some of the drugs such as valium, a drug that is intended to instill tranquility can provide quite the opposite affect for some of those who indulge in it. I suffer with intense anxiety always and find that i prefer cannabis with some sativa in it though. I find it gives me an uplifting anti-depressant affect along with anxiety relief if there is still a decent ammount of indica in the strain i'm enjoying; 50/50 indica/sativa's i can still handle and enjoy thoroughly!!! I guess it is up to the user to find what works. I prefer strong concentrates to get me where i need to be fast; on queue.

peas,

• Upvote 1

Every individual reacts uniquely to the stimuli of drug ingestion, some drugs might excite beyond what those ingesting it could ever have assumed it will whereas some of the drugs such as valium, a drug that is intended to instill tranquility can provide quite the opposite affect for some of those who indulge in it. I suffer with intense anxiety always and find that i prefer cannabis with some sativa in it though. I find it gives me an uplifting anti-depressant affect along with anxiety relief if there is still a decent ammount of indica in the strain i'm enjoying; 50/50 indica/sativa's i can still handle and enjoy thoroughly!!! I guess it is up to the user to find what works. I prefer strong concentrates to get me where i need to be fast; on queue. peas,

Good point. Makes me wonder how sativa/hybrids will compare when ingested. Will be a while before i can indulge again though.