teething issues help/advice please

thanks for the input guys very much appreciated, the purple in upper stems worries me a bit as my mate has same strain and has no purple at all. Found out they were 3 weeks old from rooted when i got them as well if that makes any differance, hopefully they imrove over the coming weeks. Anyone no the pros and cons of using straight coco copared with say perlite in there experience? Or would a mix of both be better? Room is pretty small and can get quit hot if temp outside gets too hot so thinking coco would be best for keeping pot cool compared with perlite?? Cheers

Hi again,

Don't worry about the purple some say its a temp thing some say its a fluid thing. At the moment yours are going thru all sorts of changes, but purple ain't a sign of pending death.

I use perlite and thats a choice. Some do use a mix of coco and perlite. You want to use coco thats your choice but I'm interested in why you think coco would be cooler than perlite

Are you doing run to waste or recirc?

Merl1n

G`day Southerner, I`ll try and give you a good rundown without borin` ya to tears lol

To tick a box, Cannabis is just another fast growing herbaceous annual. It is unique, but certainly not alone among the plant world in respect to it being Sexual, as opposed to most home cultivated crops (vegies, herbs, etc) being Asexual or self reproductive.

For our purpose in general, we look for female plants (derr...) in pursuit of the buds.

mmmmmmm.....buds...

Sorry :ermm: where was I?

Now ya got a cutting off a known female, you can keep it almost indefinitely. No doubt you know that but me point bein` the material came from a plant in a phase of growth not conducive to leaf developement. The plant has matured and is undergoing some serious changes. Metabolic, physiological, even hormonal changes are well under way...think moody teenage daughters :rolleyes:

The forcing of re-veg is possibly and primarily in most cases, the cause of the strange leaf growth, etc. I`d rate it up there with chuckin a fit after a shot of Narcan. Nothing to worry about at all, as you see now yourself.

Coco...love the stuff. I dunno, but I`d say most blend some perlite in to sharpen the drainage and gain a bit of aeration. I do and believe anecdotally that it helps. Perlite drains quicker and as such needs more irrigation...stands to reason really ay.

Your query on coco versus perlite in terms of rootzone temps and insulative properties will be the subject of much conjecture in the coming weeks, least I hope so...very interesting observation.

Clear as mud?

I got a few questions meself mate...your general temps and EC/pH of your runoff water?

Might be just me but I see what looks like a bit of rust on a cpl of the older leaves?

The purple color in the axials etc may be due to this also as the newer growth still looks fine, are you fertilizing?

Sturdy looking piece of gear either way, hope she goes well for ya :thumbsup:

Dont forget Cannaversity, years of knowledge in the one place. Anything urgent or specific, just ask. Plenty folk to help ya out...

JAIKAI...has 20 days to go

not boring at all dude, i find it all intriging but overwhelming at the same time so much to learn! What is EC? Ph is between 5-6 using one of those cheap ph tester kits at the moment, yes did notice a little rust on lower leaves

my last plant had purpling also which never went away, much worse even on base of stem. will take temp reading of runoff tommorrow night