teething issues help/advice please

gday, im fairly new to growing hydro as this is my second attempt, first one never looked right but attempted only using 2x 90 watt led took 6 months but ended up turning hermy, salvaged enough decent smoke to make it worth while! this time round again doesnt look right, alot of single leaves or three fingered leaves joined at the base? some new growth twisted? bit of purple in upper stems and leaf stems. PPM is 1300 ph 5.5-6, growing medium coco, light is 600 HPS and 2 90watt led each side. temp hovering 30c. only thing i can think of with the single and joined leaves is the cutting was taken after light cycle had already changed plant is 3 weeks old. will post pics asap cheers

hi thanks, im just guessing they were taken after light change i may be able to find out. might not be possible to find out what stage they were taken. they are 3 weeks old since put under lights plus im guessing 2 weeks old rooted, twisting leaves was worse 1-2weeks ago looking like it is on improve now still getting 3 fingered leaves though on new shoots cheers

thanks vrod yeah i hope so champ, i just spoke to my mate and he doubts that they where taken after light cycle changed, he did say they were cut from a thicker part of the plant? cant be certain as whoever my source is wanted seeds from my first attempt (hermy) i strongly suggested NO! lol . i did have heat issues the other week with mini heat wave down here so had to turn 600 off and just use the 2 90w led's, i was told by me local hydro shop that it would be ok to do so?

Hi there southerner,

I totally agree with Naycha. That is a reveg problem. I did a reveg on my last crop to get clones and that is exactly what happened with the twisted/warped leaves. It was not terminal, now admittedly this was a fully grown plant (11weeks of 12/12) that had been harvested then revegged (back to 18/6). I allowed the veg to grow past the twisting until it was good, so it can come good. Then clones taken from the new growth. But the clones were all good, no warping.

It maybe that your clone provider took them after harvest and did not allow time for the plant to reveg and they are revegging now or the lights were on 12/12 when the clones were taken and again they need time to revert back to the veg cycle

Now that's my opinion

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n