:) apologies puka if I came across rude, I was posting with the shits the other night, what I meant was...

meth is a terrible drug, but if it were made in sterile lab conditions it would be a much safer prodfuct. However, if cocaine was available, nobody would ever touch meth anyway..

The meth will always be a drug of choice for some. It isn't just an alternative or a poorer mans choice for stimulants. The sydney street drug scene didn't buy the cheapest, they either want meth or coke. There were the cokeheads and the iceheads. some did both but just because of the similar but different effects.

Nearly all of the hardcore users of ice I knew of, had or were developing psychosis/mental conditions so I don't believe it would be better made under regulations. Unless something has changed in the past 10 years or different states' junkies behave differently.

Edit: actually when the Heroin drought hit in the early 2000's only a small number of junkies turned to coke, and even then they knew it wasn't the same but I think it was half the addiction to the needle that they wanted to satisfy, they all went on the script meds and/or methadone until a new batch hit sydney months later. So they're not just taking whatever is available from the dealers

cheers puka

:) :bongon:

Edited by Cerberus

All good cerberus, I love an argument and please school me if something I say is not the way you see things.

This is a snapshot of how i see the issue..

heroin was very cheap in the late 90's as is speed/ice/meth etc.. whereas coke is very expensive in comparison. It is not a surprise that heroin users turned to meth over coke when the heroin drouht hit in the late 90s.

As someone who has used all manner of drugs, from street meth to pharma grade equivelants, I have found pharma grade gear to be much cleaner, having less negative effects. I have also found good qulality cocaine to have very similar effects to meth without any of the dirtyness that you feel when on it. When I was into all that crap, if i could of afforded coke i would have had it over speed without blinking an eye..

As for psycosis caused by the use of ice etc.At least if there was a register of legal users, any issues could be maintained by a government body, ensuring minimal negative effects. The current situation does not give ample opporunity for users to access assistance when required.

I agree that people get addicted to the needle, however, coke can be injected just as speed and heroin can.. (and pharma's)

I am not surprised that they went to methadone etc when the drought hit, rather than coke or meth.. it is the depresant that those guys love, so using speed or coke would not get them where they want to go..

Street level drugs are often really poorly produced, it is obvious to users when a drug is poorly produced, however, often there is no opportunity to be choosy about what you are going to take, after searching all day for it most users will take the dirty shit that is available, rather than risk having nothing at all..

I believe that it is better to have good quality gear produced in sterile conditions by people who understand exactly what is going on in the beakers than to have ignorant people producing shit in a shed in old jam jars...

As a side note, the gov will tell you that it was their efforts in se asia to erradicate opium fields that curtailed the production of heroin, however, tere are other reports that suggest it was poor growing conditions in the late 90s that caused opium production to fail in those years (http://www.totse2.com/totse/en/drugs/miscellaneous_drug_information/161756.html)

anyway that's what I reckon..

Puka

• Upvote 3

I am looking for other like minded people who really would be interested in starting a Cannabis Activism Group. As I have stated in a couple of other posts I can be contacted at endthedrugwar@hotmail.com or twitter @NoMoreDrugWarAu best option to contact me is my email address as I have several twitter accounts which is ridiculously difficult to maintain.

What I am NOT interested in doing is walking down the street puffing away on a big fat spliff singing anti prohibition songs in protest of the repressive drug laws. I believe that would not be well received by the Australian public who are mostly brainwashed through years of Drug War Propaganda.

I feel the focus should be on Education, Harm Reduction, Human Rights and Compassion. Australia is way behind the rest of the world as far as Activism goes. From reading some of your posts it is obvious some very intelligent and genuinely nice people use this website. All we need is some motivation to get the ball rolling.

So consider this post as a call to arms. I am motivated. Email Me so we can arrange a time and place to meet. If you have ideas write them down bring them to the meeting I am open to suggestions. The laws in this country will never change by wishing things were different we need to act even if it is only in small ways to start. I am in Sydney come on people contact me I am genuine about this. Become a founding member of a group that may just do some good for our society.

Remember email endthedrugwar@hotmail.com email me ASAP. Hope to hear from some of you soon. Stay Safe.

Good one. I'll email you after posting this. I've got some good ideas and I'm a fucking good fundraiser.

There's too much ammo at our disposal now and the world wakes. I personally think the time is nigh and the public will listen. Any publicity will bring a lot more support these days. We're a minority but a big one. If we all stood up we'd win.

• Upvote 3

Good one. I'll email you after posting this. I've got some good ideas and I'm a fucking good fundraiser.

There's too much ammo at our disposal now and the world wakes. I personally think the time is nigh and the public will listen. Any publicity will bring a lot more support these days. We're a minority but a big one. If we all stood up we'd win.

How much is a prime time T.V ad? I'll throw in a few bob