Cactii, in general. Pic Dump Thread

Gorgeous!

How often does this breed flower? I had a cactus for years and years then one night I found a massive white flower blooming in the moon! It was the biggest, most beautiful flower I had ever seen and was greatly disappointed when I saw the flower didn't last the day.

I'll always remember you, Pokey.

I'll see if I can get some photos of my mates impressive cactus garden!

G'day Troops.

G'day CV.

I've had this particular cactus for about 5 years and it has flowered every year, but this is the best effort so far. I moved it to it's current location during winter here and it hasn't looked back.

G'day Shroomy.

It has a long flower, I will try to get a side plan photo tomorrow. They are bigger than a 50c piece.

G'day LL.

In my small collection of cactii I mainly have mammillaria, with a few oddities such as this and some lithops, so I get flowers from spring onward to late summer. Along with my orchids and some other wierd things I can have something in flower most of the year. and that has to be a good thing, eh?

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

G'day Cerberus.

Some of the flowers are just crazy, as big as a dinner plate or so small you almost need a magnifier to see them. Some have the most incredible scent, intoxicating comes to mind, this is mainly in the night flowering species, to attract bats to pollenate. I only have a dozen or so, but I buy any I see that are different/wierd, they must appeal to me.

G'day LL.

In my small collection of cactii I mainly have mammillaria, with a few oddities such as this and some lithops, so I get flowers from spring onward to late summer. Along with my orchids and some other wierd things I can have something in flower most of the year. and that has to be a good thing, eh?

The more flowers the better Norm! I inherited a mix of cacti and succulents when a neighbour was moving. Over the years I have given away most of the cacti, don't like prickles in my fingers, and continued to collect different succulents; pinata, aloes, agaves, crassula... anything with interesting foliage or flowers that can handle not being watered for a month.

I particularly love the way they don't die during the summer :egyptdance:

Edited by lou lou