Autos, Cloning, North Queensland

I don't have the room for a grow so my idea is to get a auto and clone as many as I can,have a little veg area mabe use a small HID keep them under for maybe 3 weeks plant them out in the scrub and keep the cycle going maybe do 2 or 3 a week or fortnight.

Its not a novel idea I am sure that someone has this going somewere, any input would be appreciated thanks Guys.

You can do that no worries in Nth Qld Meduse.......just use plants that don't autoflower to take the clones from. Have a look at riverrats diaries :bongon:

Peace MongyMan

Thanks MongyMan, will check it out, when I was growing, Northern Lights, got a clone from my old man, I was avg only 3/4 oz/plant end product, from what I have seen on the net I can do a lot better, hard to get a clear picture on yield not sure if there talking wet/dry and manicure, anyway Thanks again.

" what you don't measure you don't manage"

Hello all,

meduse.....Iranian Auto Flower....it has no rudalis in it and is supposed to be pure landrace,very potent... you can keep a mother under 24 hour strong blue light and clone from it....best to take larger clones and veg up to12 to 18 inches under 18 hours light before putting outside .

Their are many varieties described by the breeders as short/early season that have been specifically bred and developed for use in higher lattitudes (latt 40 deg to latt 60 deg) where they have a much longer day length in summer but have overall. a much shorter growing season . At lower lattitudes such as yours the early/short season plants will autoflower within a number of weeks,so best to still veg them up a bit before setting outside otherwise you will not get much off them if you do not veg up under lights before putting outside.

These early/short season varieties can be kept as a mother and cloned from and vegged under 18 hours of light ,no problem.

I am in australia at latt 33 deg..

This season I am growing a short/early season variety from Canada called Iranian/G13. I have 2 phenotypes as mothers. One phenotype flowers earlier than the other but both phenos had gone to flower long before the 22nd december equinox. In fact the earlier flowering pheno is ready for harvest now .I can get in 2 crops in the one season easily.

Hope this helps.

michaels.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Michaels, I new someone had it going somewhere, good to know, outstanding info, :egyptdance:

meduse.....Iranian Auto Flower....it has no rudalis in it and is supposed to be pure landrace,very potent...

michaels.

Just to be a stickler, you'll notice it has no ruderalis in it, which is where the auto flowering trait comes from.

Most indoor varieties basically these days can be cloned and the vegged clones flowered immediately once taken out of the 18hrs and placed outdoors, as touched on already.... While not detracting from the correct info above regarding photo period plants, I have smoked Northern Lights at Xmas from clones planted in November in Qld, they did not kick on and veg as expected. The sudden drop from 18hrs to around 13-14 was enough to kick them into flower

Keeping one mother and flowering the clones outdoors is a very efficient way to grow. It's one way people have made enough cash to retire on

• Upvote 2

Hi bufo marinus,

I have personally already grown out 10 Iranian Autos this season. The info I had on these seeds prior to purchase is that they will go to flower at 45 days at lattitude 45 deg n (approx) and be finished in 90 days total from seed to harvest. . I bought the seeds knowing that they would flower earlier at my lattitude, 33 deg s. All seeds were started outside and never saw any artificial light at all. All plants went to flower simultaneously at 28 days and were finished and pulled early january.. I would not personally grow this strain again at my lattitude without first vegging it up to 12 to 18 inches under lights before putting out. If these Iranian Autos were started late spring and grown outside in Melbourne or Adelaide I am sure they would goe close to the 45 day veg time stated by breeder. If in FNQ I think that if started outside they would flower almost immediately and not have a veg period at all.

Whether or not a variety has to have rudalis in it, or not ,to be classed as an autoflower plant I can not say for sure,but it seems to be the accepted belief. I was recently reading up on the Iranian Auto and the breeder stated that he noticed it as just one plant growing in amongst many other Iranian plants and that it went to flower long before any of the other Iranians around it. That one earlier flowering Iranian was then cloned or revegged and selfed and the resulting S1 fem seeds all maintained the autoflower/earlyflowering trait of the original parent

I agree with your comments re Northern lights (and other varieties also, especially indica) started under lights from seed or cloned and vegged before setting outside........ I have previously grown Northern Lights #5 outdoors after starting it under lights indoors and vegging it for a while before putting outside and it went to flower in about 2 to 3 weeks approx at my lattitude ,exactly as you say.

hello shroomyshroom

whether or not the Iranian is autoflowering or light sensitive I do not know , allI have done is stated my personal experience with this strain and all seed plants started outside went to flower prior to shortening days, Dec 22 equinox.

whether the Iranian Autoflower is a scam or not I can not say. It was recently voted by High Times as one of its top 10 strains for 2011.

• Upvote 1