Dimmer switches

Guest billy bonger
Anyone know anything about connecting dimmer switches to  vaporisors.? basically i am a bit iffy about the wiring aspect, ;)...

::): Glad ya still with us Bubbles, didn't blow up,that's good,so did it work?

What does the dimmer switch do anyway, i don't have a vap, (so all i could do was cross me fingers for ya ;)). Sounds like a good idea but, i starting to think i'll get one eventually, i don't enjoy coughen me guts up as much anymore ::P:

I think it should be ok as long as you get the wiring right - there's a couple of different types of dimmers but the ones for normal light globes should be ok as a vaporisor is a heating element and is a similar type of load to the bulb. Make sure none of the wiring or components get hot ('cept the vape of course) and cross you're fingers.

Why do you need it anyway? is it worth the risk? :)

Greetings guys. It kind of worked Billy - needs constant fine tuning to get it at the right temp though.

The reason for the dimmer is to TRY to maintain an even temperature to the bowl. The heating element in the soldering iron gets awfully hot and stays that way for quite a while. I've found that the Mary has been burning as soon as I put the cone onto the iron which is not good. hence the dimmer switch.

So far I've had moderate success.

mr_magoo, I'm using a dimmer with and off/on switch, said it was good for lights and fans. I will keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't heat up over a period of time etc.

I am kind of thinking that the dimmer business will become obsolete and i will use the on/off switch to regulate it, lot less mucking about.

Regarding vapes generally. I am in two minds about it. it gets me stoned but it doesn't seem to last as long, andI am using at least twice as much Mary.

i feel like that catepillar from Alice In Wonderland with his hooka.... I need one of those intravenous drug dispensing holders - the metal bars on wheels type thing like they use in hospitals ::P:

Its much easier on the lungs though, and/but the high is less stoned. I've still been smoking joints at night which prolly defeats the purpose. :)

I don't use tobacco to mull with - I use marshmallow herb. Anyone know if that is a bad thing? Its part of what they use in herbal cigs so I figured it would be alright. Of course in the vape its just Mary.

regards, Bubble