Arrests over marijuana website

THREE people have been arrested in connection with an Internet operation which offered marijuana by mail, police said overnight.

Investigating officer Matt Cornish from Hertfordshire Constabulary said he believed the case was the first of its kind in Britain.

The arrests followed an eight-month investigation by local police and the National Hi-Tech Crime Unit into the password-protected website.

The 37-year old man and a 33-year-old woman from Wheathampstead, north of London, and a 35-year old man from Brighton in south-east England were arrested last night and were being questioned, police said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/commo...55E1702,00.html

fuck!

reading something like this freaks the hell out of me.

The fact that this was in England worries me because we are are hell of a lot smaller in population. less people to bust!

what do mods and other members think about this?

are we risking our asses by giving imformation and inputting photos.

i knew there was a risk with a forum like this one, obviously, but something like this story really puts the wind up me!

does os have any safeguards to prevent being tracked.? i have good firewalls, but let's face it, professional hackers could piss through it.

i don't want to sound like a parranoid dick, but something like this makes me bloody parrannoid. i have kids and am not about to jepardise the most important things in my life just to talk pot on the p.c as much as i have come to really enjoy it.

growing dope IS ilegal

This is an open forum....

exactly, i don't want to get paranoid about this, which is why i asked for a discussion on this. i am a newbie at computers and this site, as other people would be and i'm really wanting to know the answer to this question, i would have thought you guys being on here for longer, and experienced in pc's could answer this for me, but if this is not a topic for open discussion then forget about it.

It does make me wonder though why Boulder brought this thread back in the first place if it is not open for disscussion.

Wade, Oz takes plenty of precautions, but in the end the security of your grow and pc is your own concern and responsibility. ;) Oz can't protect you if you do something stupid tho, in the end you're responsible for your own pc security. There are lots of good firewalls out there and various other security measures you can take, it's mostly common sense type stuff.

But as boulder said, these guys were selling pot on the net. ;) We're just a humble growing forum. I'm certain that the leo have better things to do with their time than chase after personal growers. And the fact that the site is still here after so much time is to some degree evidence of that.

I don't think this post means squat to us. This guy was obviously a commercial drug dealer, which is likely to end up getting you arrested by the nature of the business. Yeah, growing MJ is illegal, but I don't think you'll get busted unless you start advertising your buds with a forwarding address for sale on your own website... :)

So yeah, relax, it's cool. If you're careful and don't post anything which is easily tracked back to you, (like saying, I'm 6'4", have blond hair and slight build, and if you'd like to come over and buy some drugs off me just come to such and such address....) then you should be fine. :P