Mite Rid is Cold pressed Neem oil , Liminoids and botanical oils mixed together. It's not a poison, it's about as Organic as your gonna get, neem oil is ok for Fungas Gnats , but for mites ya need to smash em hard and fast, before they take hold. I spent weeks trying to control them with neem oil only, piling the shit on both foliar and drench, and to be honest, the Borg were immune to it, but 2 doses of Mite Rid, not one to be seen anywhere.....

Even Neem oil has a withholding period, if ya intrested it's 1 week for foliar sprays and 3 weeks for soil/medium drenching.

Neem oil is not registered in Australia as safe for edibles and you will usually see a sticker or warning, says "For botanicals only".

As long as the Neem is the only ingredient besides maybe a bit of white oil or similiar, then those with holding periods will apply.

Azadirachtin, the active ingredient of neem oil has very low toxicity, even in high doses.

Choose what works, messing around at this stage will ensure they get the upperhand, especially if you got webs already.......

Peace. Gh72

Pmsl, Mongy beat me, too stoned to type fast.lol

Edited by Grasshopper72

Thanks guys, spaceleaf's method seems to have worked for now as I'm seeing far less of the bastards, but it's a temporary fix. I left the plants out for a few hours and gave the box and everything around it a dose of fly spray just to catch anything that may have nestled itself in the carpet or near my intake.

I'm wetting the leaves every few hours and trying to keep the humidity high just to make life as uncomfortable as I possibly can for those little turds. :twiddle:

Mite rid is on its way, if they're still a problem by the time it gets here then that should be enough to keep them at bay until I finish this harvest, then I can give it a good clean and make sure they're gone for good. I've heard there is a carnivorous type of spider mite that is good for getting rid of the foliar feeders, but I want to leave that as a 100% last resort as the last thing I want to do is gamble by throwing more of those bastards in there.

I've done a bit of research on neem oil nicelytoasted123, it seems to be quite good but there's a few mixed opinions about it - however your post is very convincing so I'm going to order some for the hell of it, that way I'll know what works best if I ever have the problem again.

Thanks for your responses. lol