Chronic : Need for Weed (Australian Documentary)

Loved the interview, solid shots, and a snappy cut, too.

I have so many questions!

• What are your plans for distribution?
    Do you plan on doing all the post by yourself?
    What kind of people will you be interviewing?
    Who's doing the research?
    Do you need original music? Vfx work? Web presence stuff? Guerilla marketing?

After seeing the trailer, I'm keen to help if the project ever needs it. I'll definitely keep my eye on this, please keep us informed of your progress!

Cheers. The next stage is to cut a 'pitch trailer' to hopefully attract an exec producer and funding from a broadcaster or screen agency. Then I can actually employ people to speed up production and post. At the moment I'm doing the edits, but I'd like to get an experienced doco editor onto it later. Have pulled favours (free work) from my brother who does grading and a cinematographer mate who is super pro.

I'm doing all the research and I have a ton of academic articles, books etc. Have also been doing personal anecdotal research since my early teens :)

Regarding web shit, that's actually my day job (I hate it lol). I've been pushing the film on facebook, but you can always help by getting the word out about it. 'Audience building' is important, especially if broadcast route fails and I end up putting it out digitally maybe through bit torrent. We'll see.

Def at some stage I'll need some motion graphics and/or graphic design though. Ok I think I've answered everything. I'll keep you all posted, and thanks!

great short clip, and half an hour later I stop surfing YouTube.

Id love to see a doco that explains the no bones medicin to an Australian audience.

Yeah that's the idea, but I have to deal with the average viewer who instantly writes off medical use for a number of reasons. Probably too much for me to get into right this minute though :o

Edited by bitterman

Hey Bitterman,

On behalf of all of OzStoners members, I must say, thankyou for the teaser clip to - Chronic: Need for Weed

I can relate to this doco instantly.....I can't wait for the full documentary to be ready for viewing....

I'll keep tuning in, to the good news.

I'm off to roll a blunt right now!

the.weed.fisherman

Edited by the.weed.fisherman
  • Upvote 2

Yo weedfisho. It made me roll a joint also :D

Thanks bitterman. Your doing a great job. Who is the guy in the clip? Your friend? I feel like i know him but can't put my finger on it.

td

I know what you mean, I thought he might have been in Underbelly; I googled that and got nothing, his name is Jay Bhangur