Seeds not germinating

Brick, trust me comrade, it was a last desperate measure to squeeze the seeds open. To much time had passed and there were plenty of seeds to try out.

Once I popped one open I knew deep down I had blown it. End of story.

Token JJ, In final desperation I squeezed every piece of produce I had and managed to find three mature seeds and six under done ones.

Did them in seedling mix and watered them and let them be, got the three mature ones up and one under done seed up. A total of four.

No TLC for this lot. I'm not out of the woods yet.

I'm hoping at this stage to get these little ones toproduce as much seed as possible and then I will use due dilligence in my future exploits at cultivation.

In the mean time I may have to purchase some produce and hunt down some seed worth keeping.

Niet Brick,

out of those four plants I have lost two plants to something or other.

I placed all four outdoors and next time I came back two were completely gone.

Anyway, the two that are left have chicken wire gaurding, snail pellets and I have placed a plastic juice bottle with top and bottom cut off over one plant and a cut off milk carton over the other one.

Now the problem is that mice have decided to move in with my plants.

I watered the plants today and flooded a mouse out of a hole which is inside the chicken wire gaurding.

What I would like to know is are the mice burrowing around my plants likely to kill them (my plants)or are they O K to have around(the mice, that is)?

Any advise is appreciated.

The plants are at the second set of true leaves now.

Not what I wanted to hear 101.

I looked the little bugger in the eyes just before it scampered off and I'm sure its eyes were saying "I promise I won't hurt your plants, man."

I,m going to risk it, otherwise I will end up with a growing list of things to kill.

Bad Karma and no peace of mind.

I think it's best to germinate your seeds in small inert/rockwool cubes, especially if they are imported and precious. It eliminates many variables found in soil mixes or CoCo substrate contaminated with Fungus Gnats, and its a good idea to get em up to healthy seedlings this way before potting on. You can also use a preventative biological control agent at this stage to prevent fungus gnat larvae from nailing the young roots too.

:afro: