Too Bushy

Ufoza

I'm attempting my first SOG project, I am limited by space with a 1.2 m tent with sixteen plants. The problem is that the plants are getting too bushy for the space. I don't pull the tips or do any type of pruning to the plant yet it produces too many branches. Makes it very difficult to find the lead branch. wasting valuable time and plant energy. They seem to stop producing these branches after 6 weeks in the flowering tent, and i have to continually cut off the lower branches trying to keep the plants at 1-3 main stems. I think the problem could be in the light i use in the vege/mother tent ( Sunbrite dual spectrum 2700/6500K 250 watt fluro lamp) but not really sure. I use the "Autopot" system using their flower boxes with their nutrients. no additives. 400 w HPS in flower tent. Temperature does get a bit high sometimes (around 36 c) more so in the vege tent. not sure of humidity levels.

Any idea's?

post-45455-0-21387100-1323574445_thumb.jpg

post-45455-0-62052900-1323574560_thumb.jpg

post-45455-0-98828300-1323574613_thumb.jpg

post-45455-0-04091800-1323574654_thumb.jpg

post-45455-0-55962100-1323574688_thumb.jpg

whack em in some 10ltr buckets or 12ltr pots and then slaughter off 99% of the growth...leaving nothing but 2 to 3" of growing tips on the branches......then let em settle in thier new pots for a couple of days before switching the light time to 12/12.

it will seem extremly drastic :o but the remaining tips will go into over drive and turn into big fat fuckn stinky buds :xcited: .... because the plant doesnt have to focus on shitloads of foliage and bud sites :uhhuh:

and yeah, as the others suggested, ...next time, try not to veg so long if you`re gonna have so many in such a small space :uhhuh:

just an idea :bongon:

Edited by uncle chron

Another way is to veg them to about 15cm's tall then switch to flowering. I played with that last year on a seed run. The plants I grew (Thai Lights) stretched to about 1 meter with one main big cola.

Even a few days in the vege tent produces insane growth. clones are about 8 cm when they go into the vege tent. i think i might have to go straight to flower from clone. plants like yours would be ideal

16 is way too many. 4 at the most.

I admit Molly's chamber is full. I have a goal and i WILL achieve it. harvesting 4 plants every two weeks from my tiny space

whack em in some 10ltr buckets or 12ltr pots and then slaughter off 99% of the growth...leaving nothing but 2 to 3" of growing tips on the branches......then let em settle in thier new pots for a couple of days before switching the light time to 12/12.

it will seem extremly drastic :o but the remaining tips will go into over drive and turn into big fat fuckn stinky buds :xcited: .... because the plant doesnt have to focus on shitloads of foliage and bud sites :uhhuh:

and yeah, as the others suggested, ...next time, try not to veg so long if you`re gonna have so many in such a small space :uhhuh:

just an idea :bongon:

Great ideas although i can't go bigger pots. i'm using 6" pots and plan on sticking to the plan. until it totally fails anyway. which it doesn't look like it's going to do. just a few teething problems. Right?

Thanks for your help and ideas guys :thumbsup:

Edited by Ufoza