vapourisers

Re: harvesting vapouriser bowls, just swirl a bit of vodka or whisky around the inside of your glass dome and it should collect most of it. Plus the alcohol will get your liver working and can then process any cannabinoids. I always thought it would be more tar than cannabinoids so I never bothered.

Re: smell, vapourisers definitly produce less smell because there's virtually no smoke, but what they do retain is that strong hash smell. Still instantly recognisable, it's just not quite as pungent as smoke. Definitly more subtle though. A temperature calibrated model will minimise smoke and waste, so it probably results in less smell.

Maybe a research question for syk here - I've always wondered just how much cannabinoids the lungs can absorb, and how quickly. Is there a saturation point? Are we exhaling precious cannabinoids? We've all probably shared a toke with a nice girl at one stage :( and you definitly get high off secondhand smoke like that, so I've been wondering if a balloon would help in maximising cannabinoid absorption, or if using smaller quantities would end up being more efficient. The Volcano bag seems like a great test case, just inhale and exhale into the bag repeatedly until all the vapour is used up, like hitting the same bucket repeatedly until all of the smoke is gone.. or more correctly all of the tars and shit have been absorbed by your lungs :(

Yet another reason why I'd like to vape BHO - it should be a lot easier to get consistent doses, and you could approximately compare inhalation efficiency to sublingual absorption. Definitly no smell or wastage with a tincture :D

Oh Well here's my bit ,

The higher the % of alcohol the better for harvesting the oil out of the "jar",all i do is just swill the alcohol round and it dissolves the oil off the glass.(i'm lucky i got 95%proof) and then pour the contents into a small open bowl,and after a few hours the alcohol dissapates and then you r left with the oil only :( but in sayin all this you can also add it to your home made spirits straight after you rinse the "jar".

As for the smell of the vape it only leaves a minor smell for a very short time after and it doesn't get into your hair and clothes like normal smoke .

Not all people will like the vape and yep it sure is a different taste but after a few weeks of trial and error :( you get the swing of things and you can green out if your not to careful the first few times, i know ask me :D.

onya pipeman

Cheers Dom.

wazzup all,

Where can I buy one of these in Cairns? or Brisbane as Im planning on going down there next year.

Is there much of a difference between them? Which shall I buy? the most expensive unit or cheapest unit or what??

I like the idea of them, but ive never tried them before. I usually smoke joints or spots. Heck I dont even own a bong anymore as I had a killer ceramic one but dropped and broke her. ;(

Where can I buy one of these in Cairns? or Brisbane as Im planning on going down there next year.

Is there much of a difference between them? Which shall I buy? the most expensive unit or cheapest unit or what??

I don't know about Qld, but there's a lot of crappy ones out there, the heating elements tend to burn out pretty quickly - mine only lasted a month. Freewheelin say they're selling one of the better ones available in Australia, and I'd tend to trust their experience with these. Their mail order service is great, I definitly recommend these guys.

Maybe a research question for syk here - I've always wondered just how much cannabinoids the lungs can absorb, and how quickly. Is there a saturation point?so I've been wondering if a balloon would help in maximising cannabinoid absorption, or if using smaller quantities would end up being more efficient.

-The lungs saturation point will be dependant on a persons physical lung capacity. Therefore if you can hold your breath long enogh you will absorb all the THC into your blood, have U every had a comp to see who can punch the biggest cone and then see who can hold it in the longest and produce the smallest cloud on exhalation?

-Yep I am going to get some party balloons when i go to the shop, i found freezer bags don't work that well :(.

-In theory the blood could become saturated, also. If it becomes saturated passive diffusion of THC into the blood stops. PD governs the absorption of gases into and out of the bloodstream, via the alveoli of the lungs.

Are we exhaling precious cannabinoids?

Not a significant proportion, if any at all, the general anesthetics are cleared via exhalation and so is alcohol (the RBT) but to my knowledge there is little or no clearance of THC by the lungs.

The hepatic metabolism and clearance of THC are far more important than any from the lungs and therefore receptor saturation is another important issue in respect to economizing.

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere a while back that almost all of the thc is absorbed into the lung wall almost immediately after inhalation, as it's an oil it coats the lungwalls quickly and enters the bloodstream.

Very little was found in exhaled smoke, almost so little as to be nothing... I'm not sure where I read this mind, it was a while back, but it had a fair bit of evidence backing up it's findings. I'm not sure if it tested the ratios of other cannabinoids, although I'd imagine it would be similar. :(

So in essence, holding in the smoke from a bong is probably just damaging your lungs more than it's getting you more stoned.... I tend to pull whole cones, inhale a little air after pulling the shotty and then exhale very soon afterwards... :(

Anyone else here circular breathe to pull big cones? :D

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere a while back that almost all of the thc is absorbed into the lung wall almost immediately after inhalation, as it's an oil it coats the lungwalls quickly and enters the bloodstream.

Very little was found in exhaled smoke, almost so little as to be nothing... I'm not sure where I read this mind, it was a while back, but it had a fair bit of evidence backing up it's findings. I'm not sure if it tested the ratios of other cannabinoids, although I'd imagine it would be similar. :(

So in essence, holding in the smoke from a bong is probably just damaging your lungs more than it's getting you more stoned.... I tend to pull whole cones, inhale a little air after pulling the shotty and then exhale very soon afterwards... :(

Anyone else here circular breathe to pull big cones? :D

-lipophilic molecules will x membranes quick, that is why we get stoned, it X's the blood brain barrier

-Personnel experience suggests this is wrong to me because when I 1st started with my vape I would just breath normally when not concentrating on it and found I was not getting that stoned but if I held it in, I allowed the THC to PD into the blood from the alveoli and then THC diffused from the top of my lungs and airways to replace the absorbed molecules, including O2.

-Another bad habit in terms of pulmonary health is to smoke big cones because the lungs are distended and all of the alveoli are x-posed to the tar and other carcinogens, and more CO PD's and irrevesibly binds to RBC etc.

-The cancer council objects to workers taking smoking breaks on these grounds becauseppl take longer drags and inflate their lungs more than usual, and they hold the smoke in longer

Edited by syk613