Scraps' Outdoor Organic Babylon

Very cool man 

if you can close that loop , that's the way to go mate 

Have a look at Dragonfly Earth Medicine they are canna growers & are completely closed loop & produce organic fermented ferts & other stuffs , very cool 

Compost & castings if ya can , some of the best casting start out as compost , once you hit the heat mark to stuff all the seeds up , you feed the unfinished 

compost to the worms 

Lots of cool things out there to check out 

One Straw Revolution , do nothing farming 

Dan Kittredge No Till farming 

+1 Naycha , Bloody Awesome Mate

Edited by itchybromusic

Thanks for the replies all, much appreciated. 

Just had a look at Dragonfly Earth Medicine, are you able to get it shipped to Aus? Or is it sold anywhere here?

I've got a nice worm farm at home, probably wouldn't be there enough to maintain one where the garden is, hence why I'd go a couple of compost bays. 

Will check the other stuff you mentioned! 

Cheers 

Thanks for the replies all, much appreciated. 

Just had a look at Dragonfly Earth Medicine, are you able to get it shipped to Aus? Or is it sold anywhere here?

I've got a nice worm farm at home, probably wouldn't be there enough to maintain one where the garden is, hence why I'd go a couple of compost bays. 

Will check the other stuff you mentioned! 

Cheers 

I've tried to get them over here & they will send them but cost of shipping was a little full on & we sorta stopped emailing 

they were willing to remove them from the jars to make shipping cheaper , do a youtube search there in a few vids worth 

listening to especially when she is asked about probs in her garden , answer " We Don't Have Any Probs In Our Garden " . love it 

i'm running no till in my small backyard garden , something that get's better as each crop is pulled & you start again 

if your into closing the loop you want to check out Lactobacillus aka EM-1

you make it yourself with rice water & milk or buy it up to you , but that is the basis of Dragonfly's garden products 

Fermented Plant Extracts - FPE , Seed Sprout Teas - SST , Integrated Pest Management - IPM all things you can use as 

part of a closed loop system , growing , making & producing your own fertilizer , food , organic pesticide , whatever 

Just seeing the picks one thing i would say is cover those beds , mulch , living mulch even plastic , natural way of things

leaves drop to the surface to cover the ground & keep moist for life to live & breakdown that matter so the feeder roots which

will now grow into moist soil can feed 

There is one thing in a old growth forest that is in abundance & is everywhere but you will never see , Soil ! 

cheers mate 

keep us updated , love to hear how ya going with it 

Ps , My Mum the jam maker would kill to live next to you or maybe live next to your , Blood Plums ! lol

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1