Marijuana Australiana

g'day; i registered tonight. looks like great site so far, lots of good news(old news but good to see it anyway), i'm sure the site will improve over time. i hope to help in any way i can to reform mj laws.even if only for med use.

it is time for Australia to get together and fight an 'organised fight' against the current zero tolerance policy of J.Howard-Bush.then educate the rest of the gumbyment.

ok, i'll stop now :D

Guest Wilderbud

Syk; http://www.mozilla.org for Mozilla Firebird - its a bit slow to start up the first time but it shouldnt crash as much as your default Windows Internet browser [internet Explorer]. You can use tabbed browsing [youll see when you get it] to accelerate your web browsing experience and you can turn off some forms of advertising such as popup windows, images from external websites [ie adclick.com or whatever] and shit like scrolling in the statusbar etc.

Dont worry if its all over your head - you will get used to it hopefully or else at least have a play with it once. I am a supporter of Free, Libre and Open Source Software and an antagonist to proprietary software and hardware vendors like Microsoft, AOL and Intel. Power to the people! ;)

PS. For a bit of clue about FLOSS - I do not run Windows or MacOS, I do not pay for almost all of my operating system, I can fix bugs on my system [skil needed of course], I am free to develop and compete with other software [unless a patent stops me] and its all legal. I can author audio and video with free programs [albeit weak at the moment], I can setup my own server for free and the best thing is - MY COMPUTER DOES NOT FAIL ME - I have had Mozilla open for about 2 months and I have not rebooted my computer for over 6 months!

NB. Unless you know a bit about computers then the operating system I use and abuse is hard to work with for now but we are getting there. Oh yeah I do all this stuff on a computer which is 7 years old. :D

For some other FLOSS programs; throw away MS Office and try http://www.openoffice.org software. Theres heaps more but those two projects are the best prominent competitors to Microsoft software.

Edited by Wilderbud

It's all done by PHPNuke, I've never done any CSS myself just basic html so I'll look into it. 

A good site with a good cause (unless your a commercial grower) :D Not trying to put a damper on things but PHPNuke is a free BB software program,...I'm told it uses a lot of resources and if it becomes a burden, most hosts will dump it.

Do you think you will change software when the site grows and I can guarantee you it will......good work though ;)

Guest Wilderbud
Yeah PHPNuke is pretty crappy but itll do for now and most other good CMS [Content Management Service] software will have translaters for when you want to make a switch. Having said that I dont know any other CMS software to recommend. :mellow:

Not trying to put a damper on things but PHPNuke is a free BB software program,...I'm told it uses a lot of resources and if it becomes a burden, most hosts will dump it.  Do you think you will change software when the site grows and I can guarantee you it will......good work though  ;)

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm especially after critical feedback if you've got it, pm me at MA or send in feedback from the link up top.

Buddy - if PHPNuke becomes a problem, we'll deal with it. But you're not suggesting it's a resource hog because it's free are you? :D It's a pretty big and popular project, with a lot of developers perusing the source. If it becomes a burden, my host will let me know they won't "dump it" :;): We'll cross that bridge if we come to it eh?

Hi to all, great job AA, no critical advice from me, you have heard and acted upon enough of my rambling suggestions, just a quick message to thank you and all of our fellow OS's that have joined esp. the mods, having you guys over there WILL make a difference and law reform can't be far away with the spirit displayed by this community. Peace and here is an update from MA, JOIN NOW, YES THAT MEANS YOU

Our users have posted a total of 78 articles

We have 18 registered users

Most users ever online was 5 on Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:11 pm

(I plug the site but do it because I want to, I have no affiliation with MA or AA except we have similar ideas in respect to MJ law reform.)