Getting to big

Firstly let me say I have spent the last hour or so having a good browse on this issue and couldn't find a decent answer any where, now I'm tierd, want to got to bed but would also just like to try and resolve this issue :ack: Basically put simply I went on an indoor venture with a mate (me losing my indoor virginity by the way) and everything is going swell, almost too swell though. Theres three plants in a small cupboard with a 400hps (probably overkill but was what we had at hand), dont have exact measurements but looks like this but just a little bigger

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/845903/7734996/0/1230259626/steel_file_cabine_clothes_cabinet.jpg

Theres three plants in there, two Chocolopes and a White Widow, basically we flicked them to 12/12 when they were pretty small, knowing they don't have a hell of a lot of room to grow, and the plants have had a little morning stetch and are getting quite lengthy, been in flower for about two weeks. Their form however is great with heads popping up all over them filling up the cupboard like their all preparing for a 10lb season outside, so that being said my question is this......As the plants have naturally filled out the cupboard at an even canopy so to speak and grown bushy rather than the standard christmas tree, could I build a scrog screen and hold it down over the plants to reduce their growth upwards towards the light and let the buds just come through naturally? What is my best option for making sure these ladies don't crisp their nuggets on the hps. I'm a real amateur for indoor so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to help as I'd like to get ontop of this sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance.

Scraps

yea the thing is if they been in flower for a coupla weeks they shouldnt stretch much more,

widow should be right but i dunno that chco i think they more sati leaning?

its a toss up, but id be more inclined to bend and tie down the tallest shoots down

cause for best results the screen should have been in 3 wks ago so they could grow into it

but it might restrict and smother things too much at this stage,

cause like i say they should be settling down pumping out heads rather than stretch by now

get an idea of what height the lights start to feel hot on the back of ya hand

and that will be the max. they can go to before burning

might give you a better idea of what to do

also if you get a fan blowing across the gap between the buds and the lights will help take heat away

all da best with 'em

G'day Sarge.

As brother Frazz says, fans. I'm running 5 all up in my 1.5 x 1.5 x 2mtr grow shed. 1 is a 150mm in line to drive the cool tube, 2 is a 300mm oscillating that pushes air around the lower canopy, 3 is a 300mm oscillating that moves air over the top of the canopy, 4 + 5 are 250mm oscillating box fans that are rigged from the ceiling at a angle to flood the whole area. These 2 work alternatively, 1 on, 1 off with an over lap of 15 minutes.This seems to be a good way of helping to control temp.

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I'd love to tie them down but there is absolutely no room to bend or tie anything, these plants are bushes that have turned into a sea of green, you can't see anything at all below the canopy. And by the way skunxxx none of these plants are going outside, there all finishing indoors.

I feel like I could use a screen to hold them down as there still barely showing signs of flowering. I feel as if I don't do it now I'm going to be kicking myself 3 weeks down the track saying 'why the f^%k didn't I do that!' :wallbash:

Thanks again

Scraps

Hahahahahah..sorry mate gotta laugh..sounds like someone i know :whistle:

Two words...."COOL TUBE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But prolly far to late for that but...

I had the same prob last grow buds smothering my cool tube..barely any burn due to the cool tube.. have a look at my cheese grow..should give ya a laugh..

But yeh i agree with the others get a fan blowin across the light and canopy.

:bongon: wiet

thats a high class problemo my friend! i had this problem once, so i harvested in different stages, first the tops,then i let the ones below go for a couple more weeks to harden up and so on! when i got down to the bottom stuff thats been growing on the plant the longest it was more potent than the tops. sure the buds were smaller and scraggier down there but hey! the shit was not to sell and was for my own use so who cares how pretty the buds were. just my 2c :blink:

Hello sargentscraps,

My suggestion is to scrog, it sounds like you are still going to have a monster on your hands but its better than burning the tops.

I had the same problem in my first grow, only 1.7m for height at 2 weeks(flower) i completely flattened my plant with a screen. here

It ended up being the best thing i could have done! It will take a few days for her to come back but don't be worried I'm sure you will be pleased with your result.

I would love to see pic's if you can put them up

Peace

Edited by conman