Alcohol and other Drugs worker.

Alcohol and other Drugs worker/Grower & Smoker  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alcohol and other Drugs worker and cannabis grower and smoker?

I know of some one that wants to become a Alcohol and other Drugs worker, but she likes to smoke and grow a plant or 2 so she dose not have to go through the black market. I have been chatting with her for a few months now on this subject and for me i don't see it as wrong but do see how it could cause some probs if a co worker found out or you maybe get busted, she would keep her home life and work apart, she is pretty much a loner like i am so it will be easy for her not to form a strong friendship with some one at work

She really wants to do this but wont give up smoking or growing, she has a long history of drug abuse (many diffrent ones but heroin and cannabis were the main 2)and has been to jail once, she has been clean of all drugs now for just over ten years other than cannabis, she wants to try and help some kid to not take the path she did in life, getting into bad drugs and that leading to crime to support the habit.

She knows i am going to post this and is ok with it.

What are your views on it good or bag?

In one word good.

Depends on many factors of course, but your mate sounds like the type who can sepearate their home and work life. A close family member of mine has a checkered history of cannabis cultivation and supply (no crim. record) and for the majority of their life have have been a heavy user of cannabis. This family member attended uni as a mature aged student quite late in life, and now they hold a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology. He is quite a loner which helps in regards to 'not being found out', although quite a few of his co-workers admit to alcohol/drug use he never would.

He's great at what he does and has helped countless people. If anything his past helps him to be more open minded and understanding of his patients, which is a great benefit to them I think. Also cannabis helps greatly to unwind from a stressful day (he deals with some pretty horrific stuff).

So I reckon your friend should go for it, if she helps only one person it'll be worth it. Anyone willing to help others should have a go if they can I reckon, those being helped will be so grateful.

Naycha :peace:

hi ozzy,

i think she should go for it , if she only smokes still , id rather talk to someone who has first hand experianc , some of them drug workers dont realy understand , thumbup.gif

smashed is right its better to talk to someone who has dealt with drugs knows addiction first hand not just by reading about it u can never get a full understanding of something unless u try it ur self

I have a friend that is a youth worker specialsing in drugs and alcohol addiction. Not sure if she smokes weed, but she does dabble in the chemicals. like anything in life, it's about balance. my friend is passionate about helping those in need, and those battling addiction. from her experiences, i'm guessing she'd be approachable and non-judgemental.

In one word good.

Depends on many factors of course, but your mate sounds like the type who can sepearate their home and work life. A close family member of mine has a checkered history of cannabis cultivation and supply (no crim. record) and for the majority of their life have have been a heavy user of cannabis. This family member attended uni as a mature aged student quite late in life, and now they hold a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology. He is quite a loner which helps in regards to 'not being found out', although quite a few of his co-workers admit to alcohol/drug use he never would.

He's great at what he does and has helped countless people. If anything his past helps him to be more open minded and understanding of his patients, which is a great benefit to them I think. Also cannabis helps greatly to unwind from a stressful day (he deals with some pretty horrific stuff).

So I reckon your friend should go for it, if she helps only one person it'll be worth it. Anyone willing to help others should have a go if they can I reckon, those being helped will be so grateful.

Naycha :peace:

my psychologist knows i smoke weed, and she agrees it can make one think more in depth which can be helpful. her only concern is that i dont smoke too much - as in have it affect my life negativley. for all i know, she may smoke too. she does have a tongue piercing, so she obviously isnt straight laced.

*dons flame suit*

To start she has not been free from drugs for 10 years if she still smokes weed..... I would say she would make a great support person particularly given her first hand experience, but if she is going to work stoned to give out advice she might as well go to work pissed.... She should certainly be straight when dealing out advice.

And aeshai, i would be looking for a new one, i strongly believe that anyone with enough of a problem to need professional help should not be touching the stuff........

Just mho....

Edited by billygoat

hey billygoat, her work and her smoking will never mix, she will not light up until she has knocked off for the day.

and yes she to be fair she hasent been 100% drug free, she still smokes but all the other stuff has never been touched since she kick the habbit, the smoking is mostly for her back as she has to have quarterzone injections in her every few weeks...

i may be too stoned to understand you correctly billy, i apologise if im off base.

i dont see a psych for addiction or drugs, i see her for life long battle with depression. in saying that, since ive started seeing her, ive come so far, given up medication, gotten a job and have a better outlook.