why is there an age limit

who believes there should be no age limit?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted no - not because I personally believe that an age limit makes any difference (I started smoking at 14) but unfortunately I believe there may be more 'official interest' in a site like this if it did not have the age disclaimer.

People should be judged on the maturity of their comments not their age. Some mature members can be very childlike (me included) as can be seen from a number of posts.

If you're under the age of 18 then all you have to do is not mention your age. If you're not wise enuff to suss that...

Personally I don't think there is much of interest on a site like this for anyone who isn't either old enough to be interested in the politics & culture of mj or else into growing their own (which most under 18's won't anyway)

Whenever someone has made an imature comment they are normally shot down in flames - quite rightly - by a few older members (take the fighting comment & also the kid looking to get info on how to make hash from stolen crop) & hopefully don't come back anyway.

Just my 2 cents worth...

good on ya budsta, i now understand what a flame war is.

it's only taken me over a month :P

people under 18 suck.

they have no common sence

they know everthing about everything

they have no thoughts about responsibility

they cannot handle their alcohol

they don't have a morgage to pay

they don't have to worry about anything

fuck i'd love to be under 18 again!!

You can actually, it's just sealed after you're 18 unless exceptional circumstances are met. Not sure what those are, but I'm certain it's recorded, and can be accessed in extreme circumstances...

Heh heh, if I knew then what I do now... wow, all the plants and opportunities to grow I never would have passed up, all the harvests I could have made... :P But that's the point, isn't it, you have to learn these things, and it's a rare teenager indeed who has the patience, skill and maturity to grow themselves good pot and keep their mouths shut about it. ;)

it's a rare teenager indeed who has the patience, skill and maturity to grow themselves good pot and keep their mouths shut about it. 

Yep I agree, even at close to 30 I am not one to listen to others willingly and well the statemnt above is esier said than done for some (myself included.

And yeah your record is sealed etc but I suppose the best point really is no chance of jail time (or boys home) for even huge quanities.

I was trying to work out how to indicate the source of the quote but did not log in, again, yeah I'm an idiot, so I couldn't edit it , I'll get the hang of OS soon I hope.

hey all,

syk i agree with everything you stated accept 1 point

where you said about no jail or boys home even for huge quantities.

i agree that for the kids, custody would do no good whatsoever they're only kids

but if there were no disiplinary actions, how many scum bag commercial growers will blame their huge crops on their kids if they get busted. the kids will have to comply or face the consaquences.

i'm sure most fathers love their children more than life itself, but there are cunts out there that only think of themselves.

hey all,

syk i agree with everything you stated accept 1 point

where you said about no jail or boys home even for huge quantities.

i agree that for the kids, custody would do no good whatsoever they're only kids

but if there were no disiplinary actions, how many scum bag commercial growers will blame their huge crops on their kids if they get busted. the kids will have to comply or face the consaquences.

i'm sure most fathers love their children more than life itself, but there are cunts out there that only think of themselves.

Yeah mate I agree with you but I meant it as a statement of fact and did not mean to give the impression that I was making a judgement about the sentence, except that if 15 yrs ago I had thought about it and got off my ass I could of had a bigger harvest, I was saying this in regards to my personel selfish wants not what is best for the community.

Peace WO sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, but you bring up a valid point I hadn't considered, all I saw was a missed chance for a few more plants :P

i think i just interperated it a different way.

yesterday i was talking to a mate, well to cut a long story short. it's about one of these scumbag fathers. this mongrel (for want of a better word,) puta gun up against his own kids throat because his ex(the kids mother)wasn't there and he needed cash for his next hit of smack.

obviously nothing to do with this thread, but have been carrying it around all day, and just wanted to sort of get it off my chest.

sorry about that chief :P

i should add that there was a silver lining.

my mate, the good guy, gave the scum bag 5 grands worth of face recon for his troubles.

piece of shit also copped 12mths for assalting his kids

not long enough i reckon

Edited by wade ounce
  • Upvote 1