What is the point of autoflowers?

I know quite a few people who use over an ounce a week

Must be crap smoko then.

One cone of my Auto Smoko will keep you well bent for 2 hours...Assuming you are awake for 16 hours a day, and stay stoned the whole time.

That's 8 Cones per day or around 1 gram per day X 7 days = 7 Grams a week rounded up to 1/4 Ounce per week.

So if you smoke more than that, you need to get yourself some better smoko!

I think I have been misunderstood...When I stated 6 plants...I mean 6 plants at a time and not necessarily Autos....keeping in mind you can easily do 3 runs per annum, or 4 if they are Auto's

6 X 3 = 18 at say 5 Ounces per plant for photo plants = 90 Ounces per annum or over 1.5 Ounces per week, and if you are smoking more than that then like I say you better get yourself some better seed stock

Again, assumptions and arbitary figures Buzzo. You can't judge other people's responses to cannabis by your subjective experience... well I suppose you can, but it isn't credible.

Edited by louise
  • Upvote 5

Good post.

Maybe the question should be "Are the advantages of auto's worth the disadvantages?"

The Legends Ultimate Indica clones above finished like a stick growing buds, minimal leaf to trim, short as any auto, guaranteed heaps more potent...

Those clones could be sat outside and smokeable between 5 - 8 weeks. The difference was keeping a mother and making use of a cloning tray.

Auto's seem to be an attractive option for growers who don't want to grow lol ...

Another downside that often gets over looked is the numbers that need to be grown to get a worthy result. Why risk running foul of the law growing 10 midgets instead of 2-3 clones and a bonsai mother, worth checking state laws on that one, Qld is ok up to 100, NSW your up the creek with 10 (indoors).

Personally I don't like auto flowers because I don't like the idea of those genes further muddying the gene pool with weaker ruderalis, simple really.

How can people continue to grow stuff like this if lazy gardeners have ruined the gene pool?...

OMG Bufo they look awesome. I hope the po po dont get an eyeball on those monsters.

I think autos are useful to the smart farmer. I dont know for sure, but I'd say the $$ coordinated effort to find outdoor plantations would aim at catching mature plants near monthers day, searching any earlier would be less likely to be succesfull because MOST outdoor ops would be too small to really show up??

SO with a fast 8 to 9 weeker that has already been established wouldnt need to be outside for too long before the crop would be ready for harvest, with the right handeling and good nutrtion a small area might be able to bring a few plants to maturity before anyone would think to look for anything to rip off or arrest you for.

Inside teh auto allows the maxium amount of watts possible to be thrown at the available area for a reasonably short period of time.

And its prolly like iPods, white goods and hoverboards; science! Its because we can :)

I agree. Auto's are best suited for an early outdoor harvest (smart farmer), catches rippers and the authorities wrong footed as they usually start searching when normal photo varieties would be in full growth to flower..... :greedy:

• Upvote 3

I started on autos and i believe in them. They are so easy to grow and you can grow a few them while waiting for the non autos to grow. Done right with minimal fuss, large pots and hardly any stress to the girls can yield you huge. My last auto which was a bit bipolar in the end yielded me 9 ounces thus far wet..i expect a lot lower but i am happy with a strain that is only suppose to yield me an ounce.

They love growing in coco and under a HPS.

I do agree that the potency is weaker, but it beats buying crap in between grows that is just as bad. The strains are getting a lot better than what was around only a few years around.

And i guess they are also L plates for first time growers due to them being so easy to grow!

• Upvote 1

Autos have their own biological clock which makes them not affected by things we do with grow lights. They'd flower even if you put them 18/6 or even 24/0. They just don't care. Because of the ruderalis genes they are also resilient and pest resistant. But this may not be true with some auto hybrids. 

Autos are best for newbie growers who are looking for a forgiving weed plant. But don't expect mush in terms of yield as well as potency. Then again, the auto hybrids nowadays are claimed to have more potent THC compared to the old Lowryder. 

I thought the first few weeks of auto's life is critical in determining how well they flower, as they need to establish a strong root system quickly before flowering automatically. I wouldn't consider them forgiving at all.

personally the first few weeks as a newb were always where i went wrong and made mistakes, because of this i would not recommend auto's to newbies to canna growing as they are more likely in my opinion to get better results.

• Upvote 5

Have to agree Frank, I've grown a considerable number of autos over the years and I still can fuck them up if the starting conditions aren't right...

lol as I did this season with some of Sensi's new fems. NL - 6in, SS- 7 in and Diesal x Haze a grand 9 inches tall at the finish!

For first timers I recommend a skunk, something that will bounce back under even the most inexperienced hands.

• Upvote 3

im waiting on some autos they where cheap as kc brains kc 45 auto reg seeds got 10 for $18. got them for a bit of fun and some quick smoko. the good thing about these ones im getting is they can handle stress. goin to try start em in coco indoors then send them all outside away from the puppy ha ha

• Upvote 1