What is the point of autoflowers?

Hey puka, I recently grew my 1st autos, only for the sake of it and I can say they so what they say they do I guess....lol

I'd say theres a few way to benefit from growing these, height being the main reason, stealth perhaps? small spaces like fridge grows, cupboards and things like that...

Another reason that some might utilise autos is variety?...ideally you could chuck 3-4 dif strains in ya mother/veg room and pull off a extra few oz on the side while ya main grow is kicking along??...

Others might just be a tad quirky n like doin shit dif?...lol...guess theres many reasons mate....dif smokes for dif blokes....Cheers, KB=]

These went at 9 weeks after the 1st feed, 1 got an extra week, still all curing atm so cant comment on the comparison just yet, some breeders are now offering what they call a super auto, sativa dom that would generally take a lil longer to finish Id imagine...but producing just as much as a normal photoperiod plant.

These were my 1st time using coco, so things could've been better but I got bout 3/4 oz each plant bout a ft high just to give u an idea...

Now that Ive done them once I prob wont bother for another few yrs, ill let the breeders improve, as they always do and then ill have another go...Cheers KB

Real Auto's from a decent breeder will take 8 to 10 weeks.

Even the super Auto I had was done in 10 weeks I let it go to 11 and got mould so basically 10 weeks max

My last grow was done in 9 weeks from germination.

Main Advantage is small size and speed....The heads mature more quickly because you can run 24 hour lighting when flowering. Preferably 18/6 lighting.

Males will show sex at around day 14, so it's quick to find out what sex they are.

Disadvantage is you can't successfully clone them, the yield is not as high as the Photo variety, Not quite as potent either, but still very good smoko.

Even a small Auto will produce at least 1 oz if cared for correctly.

I regularly get 4 or more Ounces from 250 watt HPS and 2 or 3 Autos in under 10 weeks from seed in a standard size fridge.

More than enough for personal use

Edited by buzzo
  • Upvote 1