Growing outdoors and Understanding Light hours.

Well , well well , I am doing just this same thing as I too wanted to do it so I did . Ha no idea if it would work , but so far doing well . The plant is a Golden Tiger , she was vegged indoors at 20/4 then planted outdoors around early September . From the day she was planted till the longest day -- 22 nd of December I gain 46 min at just above Lat 16 I am now at 11 weeks of flower and at this stage see no signs of reveg , the only thing I noticed was she is starting to bulk up big time which started at week at around 10 , I first thought she was going to reveg but it seems not to be the case . Photos from the 25 th Nov .

post-54781-0-15359800-1448647259_thumb.jpg

post-54781-0-17641800-1448647290_thumb.jpg

post-54781-0-07011100-1448647306_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Great thread Nibs, enjoyed following it.........But call me a dumb arse     , but what happens if they are half way thru flower outside & start to reveg.  Do you just  wait until they flower again in march when our light (sun) heads to a winter cycle??..........& also your plants in the greenhouse, if you just took the buds ,without pulling the whole plant, would you expect it to live thru the winter ,then flower again next year

Nutter

Great thread Nibs, enjoyed following it.........But call me a dumb arse , but what happens if they are half way thru flower outside & start to reveg. Do you just wait until they flower again in march when our light (sun) heads to a winter cycle??..........& also your plants in the greenhouse, if you just took the buds ,without pulling the whole plant, would you expect it to live thru the winter ,then flower again next year

Nutter

Heya Nutter,

Mate if ya get the plants vegging on 18/6 or 20/4 at least inside and get them preflowering they should not revert back to veg after being put outside.

The secret is to get them out before light hours start increasing too much but late enough to miss the frosts. Mid August seems good.

There is an exception with heavily sativa leaning plants sometimes going back to veg.

Also planting in a spot that gets a bit of shade for a bit of the day will help, as will using a more indica leaning strain.

As for keeping them going for a second season through winter.... this is the hard part in a cold climate. And they will want to flower in the low light which will probably mould and introduce disease into the plant.

A weak plant will not survive.

Keep a mother plant inside and clone her and veg up the cuttings so they ready to go out every season be my advise.

Veg em big and strong and put out.

Peace.

Nibs.

Hope that answers your questions.

Edited by The Hash Nibbler

Thx Nibs, ill have a go, im understanding what your saying,  but its gunna have to be a large pot on wheels ,cos we get frosts here till october (or can)

This system of yours ,seems to be a lot better option ,than Auto's    i cant get them things to play the game,  cheers

Nutter

Lazy girl light depo?

So I'm covering to keep light hours down after my ladies started to reveg a while back. I struck on what I thought to be a GENIUS idea where I only cover them every second night. Say civil daylight starts at 5am and ends at 8pm = 15hrs daylight. Lugging pots twice a day is a bit of a punish, and I have a life so am not always home every night!! Had a theory that I could put them away ap 5pm, giving them 12hrs since 5am, then get them out at 8am, giving them 12hrs until civil daylight ends, leaving them out that night. But then they get 15hrs of dark one night, and 9hrs the second night.

Is it the daylight hours they respond to or the hours of darkness? Thinking the lazy girl method might be a bad idea? Feedback anyone?