• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics
Seedsman cannabis seeds seedbank marijuana

Photo

Therapeutic Use of Cannabis

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

mull

mull

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2598 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
Is this a neuro pillow fight s4?

Prescribing mentally ill patients, ssri medications that in premarket FDA approved trials, showed to be only slightly more effective than placebo.. that's a responsible idea?

Increasing the risk of suicide in the suicidal as one of the many horrid 'side effects', is that a good idea?

You want to lend my pillow? Because the gp will give you, a script for cornstarch and flurotexine and many others.

Balance your thc/cbd delivery into a titrated, healthy, home grown method and then revisit your last swing :bow:

edit for reference -

http://www.furiousse...depressant.html

http://www.furiousse...ts/potstudy.pdf
.. when the white queen once again wears the crown.. on that day.. I shall futtawackin.. rigorously..

In memory of Robbie Ganjaseed

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Frazz

Frazz

Drug War Veteran

• 420 Crew
  • 5342 Posts:
  • Cannabis Photography Competition

• Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

Telling people to smoke weed as treatment for depression and mental illness is extremely irresponsible.

While cannabis IS an effective pain reliever, it works on PHYSICAL pain.

Cannabis has been scientifically proven time and time again to exacerbate mental illness and depression....it makes it worse. Mental illnesses are genetic, and THC "turns on" the genes responsible for producing altered chemical states in the mind, and thus the genes that cause disease.

If you have a mental illness or depression, go see your GP or a psychologist, dont smoke weed. And dont listen to the fool who started this topic.

Heya mate many ppl have had a gut full of the Medical Profession shoving Pharmaceutical concoctions down their throat, sometimes to no avail, maybe the natural herb rather than proprietary addictive Poisons work better for some individuals
... how long ya been outta Med school? ... 5 minutes?
the guy you refer to as a fool is not a fool its just his way of dealing with his problems, he prolly thinks you the fool for recommending a doctor ...

the basic view here is doctors are drug pushers for Kline, smith and glaxo, pfitzer etc

:bow:
We are stardust, we are golden,
We are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

freddie

freddie

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1107 Posts:

Cannabis has been scientifically proven time and time again to exacerbate mental illness and depression....it makes it worse. Mental illnesses are genetic, and THC "turns on" the genes responsible for producing altered chemical states in the mind, and thus the genes that cause disease.

Mental illness can be genetic but it isn't so in all cases. Post traumatic stress disorder being one example. Definitions of mental illness are constantly changing (see Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental disorders; has changed 5 times!). The debate over links/causes of schizophrenia is ongoing. Do some research.

Telling people to smoke weed as treatment for depression and mental illness is extremely irresponsible.

I agree that it is not responsible to advise people with mental illness to use cannabis however it is not as black and white as you make out. Cannabis has been linked to both causing depression and relieving it as well. I take cannabis for back pain but also have noticed how it has helped with depression (caused by being in constant pain not able to work e.t.c.). I wouldn't swap it for any prescription medication if I had the choice. Doesn't make me constipated either. :(

grace

grace

Stoned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal

Heya mate many ppl have had a gut full of the Medical Profession shoving Pharmaceutical concoctions down their throat, sometimes to no avail, maybe the natural herb rather than proprietary addictive Poisons work better for some individuals
... how long ya been outta Med school? ... 5 minutes?
the guy you refer to as a fool is not a fool its just his way of dealing with his problems, he prolly thinks you the fool for recommending a doctor ...

the basic view here is doctors are drug pushers for Kline, smith and glaxo, pfitzer etc

:(

Hey frazz,
I agree and this letter sums it up.
:(

An open letter to the drug company
Thursday, 06 July 2006
http://www.chaser.co.../view/3195/231/

As I may have mentioned earlier, I'm giving up smoking. It's not going very well.

So I have decided to write to the people that manufacture the drug I'm taking to help me stop smoking. If I externalise the feelings I'm having, perhaps I won't do any more stupid things, like fly into a violent rage and attack road signs on the way home.

Anyway – here's the letter, just so you know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Drug Company,

I read with interest the pamphlet you included with the ‘miracle' drug you manufacture and market as a catch-all method for the relief of the syndrome known as ‘smoking'. I have a few points to make, so if you'll bear with me (and possibly get comfortable, I have a feeling this might get a little wordy), I'll share them with you.

Firstly, even though I've been taking your drug, I still want to smoke. Very badly. I have been eating your wondrous product like Tic-Tacs, and all I have to show for it is this diary.

Monday: Started talking medication. Smoked 25 cigarettes.

Tuesday: Continued Meds - smoked 25 cigarettes.

Wednesday: See Tuesday.

Thursday: Upped the dosage. Smoked 30 cigarettes.

Friday: More meds, more smokes. I've stopped drinking, though - apparently if I get on the piss I'll have a "seizure" and could die...

Saturday: meds + smokes makes Gregor angry.

Sunday: meds making me feel ill. Hence, I have slowed down my smoking. I wonder if this is how it's meant to go.

Monday, July 3 - official quitting day. I'm feeling KILL KILL KILL THEM ALL quite okay at this stage. STAB.

Tuesday - blank

Wednesday - blank

Thursday - woke up in a ditch. Dying for a cigarette.

As you can clearly see, I believe I might be suffering some side effects. Admittedly, while I haven't yet taken a hatchet to people who whistle tunelessly while on the bus, eat crunchy things within earshot or persist in throwing footballs around the office, there's every chance that I will. Sooner rather than later, too.

I'd like to make mention of each of the side-effects - just so you know what your miracle drug has done to me.

My appetite has all but disappeared. I'm simply not hungry at all. I am choking down solid food, but it's a chore and I'm beginning to lost hope that eating will ever form a normal part of my life again. My hands shake because I'm malnourished – I'm barely existing on thin soups and the occasional small insect that mistakenly flies into my drooping, sagging jaw.

I have been left in a semi-permanent vague state. My head has that feeling that you get when you take "fun" drugs, and they're just about to kick in but haven't quite done so... There's a sort of resigned sigh from the brain, as it goes through its old ‘Okay – so you've decided to fuck with my chemistry again... let's see what's in store this time' routine. However, that icky feeling is yet to be replaced by the rollercoaster of Fun and Good Times that fun drugs normally produce. It is rather like taking a bad pill in a shitty club and then waiting six hours for your friends to be ready to go home. This feeling does eventually give way to another one.

Sadly, the replacement is the feeling you get at the tail end of a three-day MDA binge. Everything is just that tiny bit too confusing for you to be able to maintain – I hear people whispering my name as I walk down the street, I cannot recognise basic words when I try to read them and I'm dizzy. Really dizzy. Like, having to suddenly sit down in the street dizzy. I'm hallucinating a little – the carpet's doing it's slow-breathe-in, sudden-breathe-out trick, which is kinda funny. But it's making it hard to work.

So essentially you've given me the ‘on the way up' and the ‘coming down like a bat' feeling, with absolutely none of the payoff – the ‘feeling great boucing around high as a sherpa' in-between. This is, in my books, an unimaginable cruelty. A horrible, diabolical scam. A hoax perpetrated upon me. You, sirs, are bastards of the highest order. Hapless, needy little shit stains in lab coats and suits.

However, you'll no doubt be pleased to note that I haven't had a cigarette since Monday. That's not to say that I haven't wanted one. It's taken will-power above and beyond that which I normally possess. Which makes me think that all I'm doing is slow-poisoning my brain with your product while it's my own will power doing all the work.

But still – I haven't smoked, so I guess I should say thanks. Begrudgingly, of course. My workmates are now convinced that my drug problem is far worse than I told them at the interview (they thought I was kidding... heh...) and my long-suffering partner is still bearing the brunt of my sudden mood swings.

But I am no longer smoking – and I figure that even if I do lash out and kill a stranger in the street, it's far better for me that they died because I wasn't smoking than if I died because I couldn't give up.

Please feel free to use this letter in any future advertisement of your product.

Yours sincerely,

Gregor Stronach

Token Jet

Token Jet

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 Posts:
  • Interests:Fishing, FOXTEL, walking the dog, smokin the herb.<br /><br />I think I must be descended from an ancient tribe who harvested fish from the streams and ocean and magical herbs from the forest. They were obviosly the first humans ever to domesticate the wolf and as for FOXTEL I'm sure they'd have watched it if they had it.<br /><br />Token Jet is a greyhound who has had great success at Albion Park track in Brisbane. Till I started betting on him that is.
  • Fav. Lighting: domestic flouros

TO REDUCE SALIVA

Marijuana smoking can help dry your mouth for the dentist. This is the best way to dry the mouth's saliva non-toxically in what is known among smokers as its "cotton mouth" effect. According to the Canadian Board of Dentistry in studies conducted in the 1970s, cannabis could replace the highly toxic Probathine compounds produced by Searle & Co. This may also indicate that cannabis could be good for treating peptic ulcers.

Source: The Emperor Wears No Clothes

I'm going to the dentist next week in an open minded society the 10 year old readers digests in the waiting room could be accompanied by a bucket bong for anybody who chose to use it. Then the readers digest might be a good read.

Budstedpothead

Budstedpothead

Vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

While cannabis IS an effective pain reliever, it works on PHYSICAL pain.

If you have a mental illness or depression, go see your GP or a psychologist, dont smoke weed. And dont listen to the fool who started this topic.

While i believe it is irresponsible to tell people to smoke weed to treat depression.
It is not a bad idea if you personally choose for yourself to use it for that, but it requires responsibility, you must remember not to use the drug for escapism, it's an Aid to get you through and manage your depression.

And there are no conclusive evidence's that Cannabis causes mental illness.
and remember there are 2 kinds, theres neurological disorders, such as having an imbalance of brain chemicals,
eg insomniacs lack a balanced serotonin level, depressed people lack endorphins, hyper active people have too much adrenaline, and people with anger issues might have problems absorbing dopamine.

as for Psychosis mental illnesses that cannot be diagnosed with lab equipment well since diagnosis of things like schizophrenia is very dodgy and not allways accurate, there is no proof and never will be any proof of a Causal relationship between weed and getting a split mind (schizophrenia)
Allot of people use Cannabis to ease and manage their psychological disorders, when they get caught, the prohibition statistics lab will claim that that person got their psychological disorders from Cannabis use, even though on the contrary they have had it long before they started smoking it, and the fact it actually helps them.

that's my word on this.

DrugFreeAustralia.org claims Cannabis is proven to have no therapeutic or medicinal value, and that it's complexity and toxicity makes it far too unsafe for Australian medical standards to be allowed as a viable medication.
But then again that's a Septic Tank website masquerading as an Australian organisation, funded by ALCOHOL companies!!

sativaindicaruderalis

sativaindicaruderalis

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 Posts:

The reasons I use cannabis for medicinal purposes... (all stated in article)
I have a chronic, undiagnosed gastric illness which has caused me to be unable to keep foood down for nearly four years, I'm basically on an all fluid diet. I vomit up to 50 times a day on a bad day but usually about 10. I have constant nausea, abdominal pain caused by stomach errosion and muscle spasms. I'm also asthmatic and sometimes while vomiting it induces asthma attacks too.

*NAUSEA RELIEF - I have almost constant nausea
*MUSCLE SPASMS - My stomach muscles spasm as I vomit very hard
*ASTHMA - Cannabis clears lungs
*SLEEP AND RELAXATION - I overheat very quickly and cannabis lowers blood pressure and therefore cools me down
*TO INCREASE APPETITE - I no longer have one due to my stomach being so small, the only time I eat is when I have the munchies and just need food. But I pay for it later. I also need to eat every now and then as I have lost 40kgs in nearly 4 years, 30 of those came off in the first 6 months :P (I was only a casual smoker then). Not that this has anything to do with it but to prove I'm not dead because of cannabis here's some more info... I Was Victorian Under 17 Weightlifting champ, built like a brick shithouse, now there's not much of me... I'm like Nicole Richie on crack but surviving thanks to McDonald's 24 hr stores :)

Plenty more but that article is a great read... thanks for the post!!!

:) :P :P

I'm sorry to hear this mate, more info would be good i know a lot of different information about a lot of different things, if you could give me some more info i might have some info that might help.

Hey Jude

Hey Jude

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Posts:
  • Interests:Through Grace I have been allowed to stay on this earth longer than predicted, and now that I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, I want to learn how to write better!<br />I have much gratitude to be able to keep on living life, having many wondrous experiences that I want to share as I continue to learn, grow and live this life to the fullest.<br />Some of my favorite things are...<br />My hero ~ My Brave Heart ~ My Heartbeat ~ T.L. O'Neal<br />Writing ~ the burning desire to express the passions within!♥<br />Kundalini Yoga ~ the pursuit of spiritual fitness. <br />Music ~ like love in search of a word. <br />Art ~ lexis of genius, with the ability to feel the colors, contour and illustrate extraordinary images with remarkable meaning♥<br />Plants, Flowers ~ nature moving in motion of the seasons.<br />Animals ~ pure friends given to us by the Creator. And so many other things that I have been blessed to be a part of on this earth!<br />I will post some of my writing on my profile page♥
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
Namaste ~ I am thankful to find a community that looks as if it can really help me and I need help! :helpsmilie:
I was diag. with HIV after my husband brought the illness home, as of '91, fortunately my children [adult children are fine} and diag. of Aids since '93. I never took HIV meds until 2 yrs ago and that when my problems began.
My Dr. says smoke and eat as much as possible, but that is hard when you can not just go fill a prescription. I have marinol, but does not help my neuropathy, nausea, agitation, lack of appetite Seeing all the positive uses, and knowing how much it helps me I wish I could get my Dr, who is NC state health director to help me in advocating the laws to be changed. He says he advocates the use, but does not think NC will ever pass a bill that legalizes medical marijuana.
So I am thankful to have found this site :scratchin: , as I need input and some suggestions perhaps to help my garden grow. Cannot afford to buy...
Anyway, thanks for being here, as this info regarding medical marijuana is so important! Blessed Be ~ Harm None ~ Jude

Edited by Hey Jude, 27 July 2010 - 05:40 AM.

Nooby

Nooby

Smoking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational

rugFreeAustralia.org claims Cannabis is proven to have no therapeutic or medicinal value, and that it's complexity and toxicity makes it far too unsafe for Australian medical standards to be allowed as a viable medication.
But then again that's a Septic Tank website masquerading as an Australian organisation, funded by ALCOHOL companies!!

Do you have any proof that that site is funded by big booze?
That would be good information to have.

Cheers

Edited by Nooby, 28 July 2010 - 12:03 PM.

Amanda777

Amanda777

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal

The funny thing about all these beneficial things that cannabis does is that no matter what the government still won't legalize it. It reminds me of the war between the United States and Iraq. It would benefit everyone if we all just came home and left the country alone, rather than spend billions of dollars and waist innocent lives. The government is just stubborn and once they say something they feel they need to prove to the public how powerful they are by keeping their word. No matter home many people suffer because of it. :D

So true, small minded people who love to abuse their authority by dictating to others on what they should do. Amusing how so many of these anti marijuana people consume alcohol which is a really dangerous mind altering drug but thats okay because its legal. I want to use marijuana to keep my eyesight and I want to do it legally.

Seedsman cannabis seeds seedbank marijuana
Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.