What age did you start smoking?

What age did you start smoking?  

364 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking at that poll I see most people start smoking between 14 and 17 years old. The official age to be able to buy MJ in Holland, where it's legal, is 18 years old. It used to be 16 before the government interfered but I personally think the law should be more adjusted to the practice. the stats show those 16 year olds smoke anyway and it's easy for them to have some one older to buy it. Doing so the government is creating a new offence, buying for minors, making a criminal out of young people who buy some weed for their younger brother/sister or friends. Well, not really a criminal, but it is against the law

Totally agree with you Tboat. The problem I see is the government never seem to be up to date with what society is doing. All they are doing is creating more headaches and paperwork because CHANGE is not a very easy route to take.

Bringing out surveys/polls is the closest thing to personal questioning that the governing body can do to society ( big brother is always watching us!?). Being open-minded and getting out there in the streets is what is needed by our politicians.

We are all born unique and different BUT rules are there to be abided by and if we didn't follow these chaos would (eventually) reign.

Should the majority rule?If it seems reasonable to the majority then I say YES. The older I get the more I start to believe that 'Yes', if you have enough support for something , things can be done. I just don't see the governements actions are representative of what todays society is all about, so stale in their old ways.

Ofcourse it seems more reasonable to have the laws actually more realistic and closer to the actual offending age-group, but there are many other areas that need addressing throughout before changing the law for such minor offenses. But what can we do.......sit here and whinge.

I need some sleep , sorry if im not making much sense.

ps.

The official age to be able to buy MJ in Holland, where it's legal, is 18 years old. It used to be 16 before the government interfered

Im curious as to what was your governements reason to raise the age from 16 to 18. Cheerz lol

I been smoking since I was 12, definately a bit young, but I was living with this bitch by 14 and always had a good connection for alot of free pot when needed. left school in year 8 and generally bummed around the street all day smoking with everybody, I used to just walk around the river banks and find people getting stoned and get some cones off them alot too. At 16 I was into the mushrooms and datura heaps. Tripped every waking second of every day and my skin looked blue and thin. Made me retarded for almost a few years after that.

yeah, I reckon 18 is a good age for starting pot, I wish I was at school or had a job or some shit when I was 17 not smoking pot all day.

Like with the age limits, obviously kids are gonna drink alcohol and smoke pot no matter what, I dont see a problem with that, but if the kids could go and become barfly alcoholic wankers at 16 that would be fucked, and when your 16 you don't give a shit for the future, you don't much more when your 18, but still.

Like kids fuck from real young ages, but lowering the legal age of prostitutes isnt a good idea.

Hey Everyone,

i also started smoking when I was 15 yrs old.

I quit for a few months after I started smoking because I was living at my folks house and they found out. I started again when i was 16 and by the time I was 17 I was a heavy smoker, I think from 17 yrs on I havent missed one day of smoking pot.

KK

Guest Wilderbud

I didnt know what weed was until I was 17 - I didnt know what a lot of drugs were also although when I looked back I remember seeing a weed plant in a friends school bag - he found it in the bush and was about to sell it so we could get coke and chips that day - haha [14 year olds].

My best friend used to smoke for about 6 months when we were 17 but I didnt take any until more people I knew said they smoked so I tried half a joint [i used to say it smelt like toast - in joints] then hooked up with a dealer and bought a stick each week from my pay and became a stoner from then on. I used to smoke Mango a lot back then so it wasnt hard to hook up to a good dealer for me.

I wish I waited till I left school but weed hasnt affected me too much [mental abuse at home fucked me up mostly] - its mostly made me anti-social because I smoke too much and never have money to do what normal people do. 18 is a good legal limit - I seen a lot of people try it at this age and the majority of them decided it wasnt for them - theres no peer pressure at 18.

I was a recreational smoker until I was about 25 and now it helps with my permanent back pain - I cant swallow pills or liquid if its a drug [its a dilemma for me].

i was only 13...but i used to hang around much older kids when i was young, so they were about 16/17, it just happened my friends at that time were older and therefore pushed the boundraries more than most 13 yr olds did at thae time.i used to get real crappy dope then...it was gr8 to get buds/even better hydro....but now i would not know where to get leaf(cept for my own plant of course...!) but some of those sessions i had when i was young were so gr8...

now i mainly smoke alone...and the act of smoking is done for plesure rather than just getting stoned.(ooooooo...in sound ssooooo mature at my 25 yrs , don't i...NOTl...lol)

I was introduced to cannabis at 17 someone gave me a hash cookie, it freaked me out and I said never again.

A few weeks later after thinking about it some more I tried half a cookie and had a much better experience. I then started smoking spliffs.

At the age of twenty four I was into smoking it neat in pipes ( a much better hit I thought and more economical).

I am now 37 and thanks to pipeman and this forum I have discovered vapourisers which I shall use from now on.

started when I was 14 but i recognised the smell as my parents were hippies and when I was young I lived near a commune in Yandina on the sunshine coast qld and all my friends were from the hippy school I attended (no maths etc lots of fun and I don't think it affected my education) and our parents were all friends and although at the time I had no idea what it was I always remembered the nice aroma of mj from my childhood, also when I was about 10 the cops raided our farm with 4x4 and dirt bikes, they didn't find anything but they were looking for mj on the 100 acres

Guest billy bonger

I was 13 when i started, it was in the scub at the back of a football field nearby, who introduced me? well as with most things my older brothers(2) were to blame, and the bastards scared the shit out of me too!, as for regular smoking that would have been a bit after that maybe 14-15 yrs, do you all feel as i do that it's given you the outlook and lifestyle that you wouldn't change even if you could?

:) billy bonger

I started smoking when i was about 14, and pretty well only on Friday nights while at high school, but that soon changed as soon as i got a job and could afford it. I am now 35 and have been smoking daily for the last 15yrs and have no intention of giving it up, that is if the fucked up drug tests at work dont get me :angry: