What age did you start smoking?

What age did you start smoking?  

364 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest weekprik

umm I first started to smoke MJ, when I was about 15yrs old, But that was for fun.

I stopped smoking again at 20 yrs, but then Started to smoke for pain relief etc when I was about 25yrs,

Iam now 31.

Cheers WP.

Guest Babybear

I first started smokin mj regulary at about 15 1/2 an kept smokin till about 16 1/2

then agin few weeks after i turned 20! lol New years eve hehe since then been smokin kinda regular

was in Yr 10, so that makes me round 16.

Best mate lived right across the road from me, his old boy smoked bongs.

We grabbed some leaf and proceeded to get wacked.We ended up having around 12 each , throats killed us but we were laughing so hard it was the best.

2 months down the track I was introduced to smoking "heads", the rest is history.

14 for me, but the group of peers who introduced it to me in school were all smokers from much younger ages... I'd be interested to see what the "true" statistics are about the age of use compared between city and country areas. I'm fairly sure you'd find interesting differences between the states and even individual suburbs and areas of cities... as far as starting age avges go that is...

So yeah, 14. lol Anyone else here grow up in a small country town? (less than 5000 pop) Did you find that the youth were more likely to smoke at a younger age than their city counterparts? Or vice versa? :P

Guest Babybear

I lived in a town that wasnt really , just a few scated houses an a main hight way to warrick

caught a long bus ride to school hehe went to a smalis town i guess hihgt school the class rooms were main full its a hufe place now

Around 14 years old I guess I was. That's 30 years ago now and did have a few periods in between where I didn't smoke at all, never longer then like 7 months. See I don't smoke anything else than joints (or a small pipe sometimes), and when I m not in Holland I don't smoke at all. :P, You should know that when you look like me and your passport is Dutch (Amsterdam) you get a special treatment at every border in the world, I'm used to this and there's no way I 'ill ever take something with me so I usually only smoke when I'm in Holland. Last vacation though I was in China for a month and got some fine bud from a friend up there, a very potent outdoor sativa. lol

Looking at that poll I see most people start smoking between 14 and 17 years old. The official age to be able to buy MJ in Holland, where it's legal, is 18 years old. It used to be 16 before the government interfered but I personally think the law should be more adjusted to the practice. the stats show those 16 year olds smoke anyway and it's easy for them to have some one older to buy it. Doing so the government is creating a new offence, buying for minors, making a criminal out of young people who buy some weed for their younger brother/sister or friends. Well, not really a criminal, but it is against the law.