Thanks guys. I'm only going to be taking along enough to last me and a friend a week - we're only light smokers, so we're gone on three cones. i'm thinking now about making a bottle of bud butter, putting the sealed bottle in the dishwasher then putting it in a bigger bottle. What I'm more concerned about now is that I want to take 4 E's along. Can the dogs detect them, and are they easy to hide?

Thanks

Cheech.

p.s. Thanks for the info on the dogs, Versitol. It is very reassuring.

Guest Urbanhog

hahahahahahahah!!!! sorry cheech, I'm not mocking or giving you the shits mate, but I just find it funny you getting carried away about small amounts of pot crossing the Bass, but I can understand, I don't blame you being extra careful, I have travelled a lot all over Australia on planes and I always take weed and canna-foods on planes in my suitcase, I NEVER bother worry about packing extra stuff to mask the smells, wrapping up in foil, lead, metals, jars,wood, etc I just "chuck" the bag of weed (I'm talking about 1-2 ounces) along with my socks and undies in the suitcase, and just FORGET about it, just FORGET that you got weed in the bags, it makes you 'look' more relaxed but if you worry worry worry, MAYBE the airport/buses/ferries staff will get bit curious about your behaviour.

I have done heaps of times, and my bags have been sniffed, searched by x-rays, etc.. and I never been asked, etc....I even had a nice 1/4 in my pocket hide inside a rollies packet, I had in my pocket, and it was still in my Pocket from Brisbane to Melbourne to Hobart, and the dog (it was a begal) sniffed me when I arrived Hobart Airport, and got excitied at my backpack and the guy looked in my backpack while the weed was in my pocket, and He asked me if I had any "fruits" in my bag before I arrived Tassie, I said yeah, "Bananas", seems Banana skins give off odour and stays in the bag even you haven't got any left in the bag. As my father still lives in Tassie.

Man, chill out Cheech, I think there's NOTHING for you to worry when you are TAKING products of anything either legal or illegal OUT OF TASSIE, it's only when you ARRIVE Tassie and they will probably have those dogs. Hey, do me a favour, take a OUNCE and show the mainland what a good pot Tassies can grow!! You WILL be fine, you, it's very small chance.

It's different story on international flights naturally B)

Tripataka, I can image that pot in Hobart/Launceston probably have changed a lot since the 80's because when I left Tassie, there were more Bushbuds than Hydros, that time, a lot of Hydros were "kept for themselves" and I went to Tassie Last Year and traded an Oz with my cousin for my homegrown Oz, and with Tassie weed, I could taste that the weed wasn't washed out with plan water before it was harvesrted, it was bit harsh and had this terrible chemical/metallic aftertaste, but naturally I was extremely toasted :unsure: Liked the "high", very sativa, with tiny hint of indica, but was dispointed with the metallic taste. But still good enough.

Guest Urbanhog
Oh again, one more thing about the E's, it's probably cheaper and probably better if you get E's in Melbourne as they will have better E's up in Melbourne, as I assume all E's in Tassie supposely came from Melbourne?? Otherwise if you really want to take the E's with you, just put them in the bottom of your vitamins or medicine bottle jar/ along with other vitamins/tablets, you will be fine, the only time I will probably get bit worried/nervous is if I am taking Truckload or several suitcases of drugs, I mean look at Tassie's drug trade, you do think they all are Made in Tassie?? not really, they are imported from the mainland. Also other tip is get a Tinned Roll of Berocca and take few tablets out and hide them in the bottom and top up with Beroca Tablets? I am sure you can work out something from my idea. Goodluck! You will be fine mate, I know because I have been there, done it, and still doing it. B)

High ALL.........

Here's a method thats works for me.

B4 putting 4wd on ship i fill the spare tyre with pounds, shrinkwrapped in plastic.

Spare is under the rear, and usually covered in dirt and what ever else i driven through.I like to drive through cow shit and do donuts in it, just t0o make sure the vehicle has shit sprayed from front to back underneath.

A rotting road kill is also another good sourse of smell that wont cause any undue attention if jammed under a vehicle and this keeps the humans away,.

I make a few trips a year to the mainland every year without problems..........

maybe you could ask a sniffer dog for a small donation :)

Last Christmas, I accidentally brought 3 E's with me from Melbourne to Perth on a flight. I didn't end up taking them over there so ended up bringing them back and swapping them for half an ounce of weed :blink:

When we were in Heidelberg, Germany - a Colorado couple we met urged us to take some seeds or budz back home with us when we left Amsterdam. They gave us glad wrap (yanks call it 'cellophane') and baby talcum powder. They said just wrap it up good in the cellophane stick it in the talcum powder bottle and give it a good shake.

They've done this before and even send out shit from their place in the states.

Of course, after Amsterdam we still had to go through London and Hong Kong on our way back to Melbourne so we didn't want to risk it and didn't end up trying it.