12-1 good or no good?

i just assume the plant is compensating for reduced photoperiod, bigger leaves to catch more of the limited energy available

plant isnt going to stretch cause its flatout making abnormally big leaves

not a genetic change per se

:peace:

Ahh cheers for clearing that up frazzz :thumbsup:

Woah Nelly, hold up there buegeman, if the first three words out of someones mouth was 'I just assume', then I wouldn't be thanking anyone just yet for clearing anything up ;)

However, in the spirit of a good debate, but mostly for shits and giggles, I'm gonna flip my 12-1 plant into 24-0 for a week, and note the results. Watch my grow diary for results :)

I've always used 18/6 for my mothers, clones and veg plants up until a while ago. I've been using 12 on 5.5 off 1 on 5.5 off for about the last 6 weeks. It's still a little early for me to make a final assessment but so far I'm impressed. The plants don't seem to grow any slower and they look beautifully healthy so I'm going to stick with it. I've struck about 8 cuttings under 12-1 now and they've all rooted well too. I'll let you all know if I see issues but so far looks good.

hey Puka there is a lot of discussion about this... but as yet no proof that it works and no answers to the questions that very experienced growers have asked regarding it...

i'm not saying it doesn't work, just saying there's been no test to show it works.. no side by side grows ... nothing at all to support it yet..

the plants i have seen using 12/1 do not compare to the one's i and many others have grown at the same age under 18/6 ..

basically if you get your temps, airflow, medium/nutes, lights, humidity and a cpl of other things right you will have beautiful lush plants that are grown under a 100% tried and true method...

just my opinion of course :thumbsup:

Hey Dani,

How much proof is required I wonder? people have been using 12-1 for cannabis nearly 20 years . Cannabis is not the only plant grown under lights, the flower industry use lights, some flowers closely mimic how cannabis grows and like they say, if they use 18/6 or 24/0, your mothers day bouquet would cost $1200. Alot of people have tried this and I have yet to read anything negative from people who have. You say the plants your've seen don't 'cut the mustard'. Have you seen these people's plants/grows before they switched?, what ever method and result they have previously had regardless of other people's perception of how good or bad a result they have achieved, they all notice a change for the better with 12-1. I,ve posted pic's (Tahoe OG lastest pic) and only 2 people have responded with their pic's which show 12-1 is just as good for less cost. I have used 18/6 for the last 16 years, the only reason I went to 12-1 was because of the bagging I recieved when I posted it up. Glad I did, won't be going back.

Vrod

@ Anakha, You make a god point about using a tried and true method as a noob grower, and believe me I am tempted to switch to 18-6 just to be safe. But the growth on these plants is phenomenal, I have one that came froma sativa mother with big fat leaves like an indica and five that come from indica with big and even fatter fat leaves too. The parents of these plants grew nothing like this outside. Is it normal to have three week old plants with leaves that are about the size of an a5 piece of paper indoors cause I never had anything like that outside, they are also growing nodes so close together, showing no sign of stretch, I'm loving it.. I have to say though they got off to a pretty slow start it took them two weeks of some very slow growing, but as soon as I transplanted them into big pots and put them on full nutes they just took off, I just hope they keep growing at this rate, I'll have em flowering in a couple of weeks.. The only thing I'm debating for is fat buds fast. Joe P may well be a shitforbrains dickstain, but it doesn't mean the method doesn't work, however I ddid just read his original article and it was written at 3 oçlock in the morning,.....

G'day Anakha, it's unreal how big the leaves get, like they say,these leaves belong on a 2m monster. With big leaves comes fat stems= good support & copious quantities of bud. People talk who about healthy lush plants under 18/6 have not seen a real healthy lush plant.

Vrod.

don't wanna turn this into a pissing contest Vrod, cos it's pointless unless a proper side by side grow is shown from start to finish here on OS... til then to me it's unproven.. i hope it does work and ppl can save money if it's an issue for them.. and anything that improves how we grow after 1000s of years hey i'm all for it.....

Ernie has already posted a baby at 4 weeks under 18/6 so i'll go the next stage at about 5weeks from being sprouted in water ok...

this is a different strain of course but here's some pics.. dates on them are there too :)

jack herer app' 5 weeks from seed popping and potted up then put under 18/6 400 hps

post-40964-0-52821300-1314410656_thumb.jpg

5 days later

post-40964-0-84064000-1314410959_thumb.jpg

9 days later

post-40964-0-78516700-1314410802_thumb.jpg

she's now 4ft 8' with natural stretch and fully flowering :whistle:

Edited by dani

G'day Anakha, it's unreal how big the leaves get, like they say,these leaves belong on a 2m monster. With big leaves comes fat stems= good support & copious quantities of bud. People talk who about healthy lush plants under 18/6 have not seen a real healthy lush plant.

Vrod.

Right...

Thanks Vrod, you`ve sold me on my personal stance.

JAIKAI

Vrod.

Great to hear that the size of the leaves are huge and they are just beautifully lush plants.........pretty sure that you just said above that alot of the really experienced growers on here had not ever seen a healthy lush plant like it.....not sure thats the case but I am not an experienced grower so will leave it up to them to have a chat about that if they choose........

There is no arguement that the 12-1 seems to have great results during veg...........my interest is not in that though its actually in if there is an increased % of hermies during the flower period after using 12-1 during veg................I might be mistaken Vrod and been wrong to say anything.........How many grows have you used 12-1 and completed to harvest?.....see I had been under the impression that you havent as yet completed one and were just throwing internet info at people (this bloke done it for 20 years etc)

So i am a little confused Vrod so can you just clear it up for me.....

How many years experience growing do you have? I believe in different posts you have made it varies between 16 & 30

How many years experience growing using the 12-1 method do you have? I mean you personally not others on the net.............

How many conpleted grows have you done using 12-1 and have you noticed an increased % of hermies in those grows?

My post in this thread Vrod was not against 12-1 it was warning first time growers that maybe tried and trusted methods used by the members of this site for years successfully might be the safest bet to get decent results from the start.......that still stands...........

Personally Vrod I thought our convos regarding 12-1 were over and really doesnt interest me much anyways.........If you would like to continue it please answer my above questions so we know how much experience you have with the method you hold so dear and not just tell us again how big the leaves are on ya plants during veg under 12-1......we know already