buying paraphenalia (sp?)

hey thanks for that link aa. Looks like they are going to start selling some of the better quality vapes that to date haven't been available in Aus.  I'll keep an eye on that site.

btw, I can't understand how the vape pipes work?  won't the vapes rise straight out the hole? 

http://www.freewheelin.com.au/catalogue/dr...apour-pipes.htm

I haven't tried them yet, but I guess you just need to draw as soon as it starts vaping. Using a regular lighter the temp should return to below vaping point fairly quickly, so you should be able to take the lighter away as soon as you start toking and then just repeat.

I use a Steinel and a Vriptech myself. Freewheelin are sold on the Volcano because it uses certified medical/food-grade surfaces, and I do want to get my hands on a valve-bag set (Vriptech are making their own now), but the cost is horrendous and it's not very flexible. At least with the Steinel I have the option to vape with a bong or into bags or whatever. Steinel says there is the potential for carbon releasing from the fan blades, but you'd consume more carbon from a joint than you probably would from the Steinel in its lifetime, but who truly knows. As far as I'm concerned, it's safe - significantly safer than burning plant matter, but again we don't have any decent tests to back that up.

Vriptech have been developing a replacement for the Steinel though, using a honeycomb ceramic element, all medical/food-grade surfaces, electronics encased etc. and it's going to be 1/3 of the size of a Steinel and quieter. Their prototype is done, hopefully they can start producing them in bulk sometime next year. You can pick up a Steinel from Norray Resources in Australia, and just a VCB from Vriptech for your existing 12mm bong for less than half of the Volcano cost, and the gun is useful for other things too... Highly recommend Vriptech guys.

hey thanks for that link aa. Looks like they are going to start selling some of the better quality vapes that to date haven't been available in Aus.  I'll keep an eye on that site.

The first of the art glass is up, lots of nice bubblers, sherlocks, dry spoons etc. Really nice pieces. The quality of their glass bowls and stems is great, definitely recommend these guys.

Personally I prefer a deeper and wider bowl, with less of a taper or say the taper right down in the last few millimetres of the bowl so you can fit a screen snugly down there forming an inverse pyramid if you get my meaning. The regular bowls aren't a good size for screens, in fact they recommend not using screens, but I prefer them with a large bowl. I wonder if these guys can do custom orders, I'd love to get a variation on some of these...