SA Winter Outdoor Autoflower Grow - 1st Grow

Hey whaddup community!

So I ordered some seeds from herbies head shop the other day- never grown anything before. I got 3 seeds of Dutch Passion Polar light Feminised Auto's and 3 seeds of Low Ryder Easy Ryder Feminised Auto's.

The came absolutely no problem- stealth delivery in ****. I delivered to my grow address because I don't give a **** and its 6 seeds for F***s sake!! I know no-one opened my package.

I just want one plant for my personal use and as little fuss as possible.

So I Germinated a Lowryder EasyRyder on 21st July to see how this little baby will do in winter! If it doesn't work I'll just try another one. Apparently these auto's are aggressive and quick maturing which should be awesome.

Anyway:

GARDEN STLYE: Pot plant - outdoors and indoors.

GROWING MEDIUM/SOIL STRUCTURE: Half Premium potting mix half coco's.

POT/CONTAINER SIZE: 8L

NUMBER OF PLANTS: 1

TOTAL FLOWERING TIME: 70-75 days from germination

TOTAL YIELD: dunno

NUTRIENT/FEED MIX & FEEDING CYCLES: just daily water.

CANNABIS STRAINS & ANY COMMENTS REGARDING THEM: Lowryder Easy Ryder Feminised Auto.

There's 2 pics at 1 week:

post-43176-0-21131200-1313310310_thumb.jpg

post-43176-0-03535500-1313310476_thumb.jpg

And at 3 weeks:

post-43176-0-70181600-1313310425_thumb.jpg

post-43176-0-14893000-1313310611_thumb.jpg

I have been putting it outside on sunny days and leaving it under a 80W globe on really rainy cold nights. I'm trying to give it 18+ hrs of some kind of light.

I'm only using water and once a day making sure I don't soak the soil.

Its looking healthy so far. Is there anything easy I could do to make it better? Good soil choice? Nutrients? I would like a great yield but I'm not hydro'ing it!

Thanks guys- I'll post updates!

Peace

Edited by Frazz
keep stealth methods stealthy ;)

Off to a great start Josh.

Even thou you have Coco in the mix I wouldn't water/feed them daily just yet. Every 3 or four days is OK at this early stage.

They will only need watering every day after the 4 week mark and that's with HPS light.

Start feeding them plenty when they start flowering.

If it's male don't toss it......Collect the pollen.

All the best with it mate.

P.S. what do you mean by 80 watt GLOBE....is it Fluro?

Edited by buzzo

Hey guys!

My little solo Autoflowering plant is at the beginning of week 8 since germination.

post-43176-0-39806900-1315789132_thumb.jpg

post-43176-0-70982000-1315789174_thumb.jpg

Still looks healthy (?). The sun exposure has been pretty average outside. I'm watering it every 2-3 days...

According to the website it'll be ready for harvest in 1.5 weeks?? I find that hard to believe. :blink:

Is it likely going to take longer and if so, when do I know it's ready?

Autoflowering strains need/can handle as much light as you can throw at them !

If your growing indoors they can handle close to 24 hours light constantly (Personally i would stick closer to 18-20)

And if you plan on doing them outdoors you would want it to be when there is the maximum possible light sometime in summer.

They have such a short cycle, that unless you follow these rules your yeild will be tiny. (either way its never huge)

Hopefully for your sake , your plants growth cycle has been stunted a bit and it will continue vegative growth for a few extra weeks

best of luck :)