• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Ozi Magic Fertilising Crops and Bank Accounts

Photo

The NCPIC Enthusiastically Embraces Medical Cannabis

* * * * * 2 votes NCPIC cannabis

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

STONEDAJ69

STONEDAJ69

Troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1558 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

Yes on that point I would totally agree, that having the 'ingredients' in 'dope' being used as a medicine may move some opinions to the green side. It's also pleasing to hear that they will not be synthetic, but extracts from a real plant.

Just FTR, cannabis = cannabis, dope = Heroin.

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

CactusGumnut

CactusGumnut

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

Just FTR, cannabis = cannabis, dope = Heroin.

Yes but it's kind of like the word drugs, which one does it refer to?
I never call cannabis dope, and aside from the odd culturally influenced linguistic slip I always call it cannabis, but I know plenty of people who like to call it dope so they can say 'there's a reason they call it dope you know!' *eye roll*
I always think of the chemical reactions in the brain when I think of certain drug terms.
Dope = Releases dopamine
Trippin' = Taken a tryptamine

??

mullupmofo

mullupmofo

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun
Hello all. I'm new. I thought this was an interesting thread to read through. I couldn't believe it actually. You guys/girls know this Jan Copeland chick? I saw her somewhere on television a couple of months back, and she got me so riled I sent her an email. By coincidence it was days after a particular incident that I was still really angry about. I'll tell here what I told Ms Copleand.

I'm in Cooma and there's a lot of drugs takers and alco's here. There is a girl here that smokes cannabis and when it's not available she'll seek out other drugs, sometimes heroin. I hadn't seen her for a while and recently she came over for help, looking half dead. I asked her what the hell she'd been doing? She says to me as tears run down her cheeks, I just couldn't find any cannabis. You see this? This is a crime. And it is happening all over the country. Kids particularly, turning to other drugs because they can't get cannabis.

I also passed on another example that involved my own dad. About 5 years ago he was a sixty year old chronic alcoholic who was an aggressive, violent, depressed man. I introduced cannabis to him about 5 years ago, and he is a completely different man. All of his aggression and depression is gone, he works now part-time, and he's happy. The difference has to be seen to be believed. He loves his smoke and doesn't drink at all now. And you will not find a stauncher advocate for cannabis. It changed his life and he knows it.

So one needs to ask oneself. How many alcoholics are out there that don't have to be? How many kids are out there taking pills and other drugs because they haven't got access to cannabis? How many lives are being destroyed? So for me the fight has gone beyond the right for recreational use. This is a fight for humanity. And so I told this to Ms Copeland and reminded her that everyday she works, she works against humanity. And the more successful the likes of her are, the worse they will make it. And put simply, people will die.

I think we need to start looking at this as a crime. Take care all.

CactusGumnut

CactusGumnut

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

Hello all. I'm new. I thought this was an interesting thread to read through. I couldn't believe it actually. You guys/girls know this Jan Copeland chick? I saw her somewhere on television a couple of months back, and she got me so riled I sent her an email. By coincidence it was days after a particular incident that I was still really angry about. I'll tell here what I told Ms Copleand.

I'm in Cooma and there's a lot of drugs takers and alco's here. There is a girl here that smokes cannabis and when it's not available she'll seek out other drugs, sometimes heroin. I hadn't seen her for a while and recently she came over for help, looking half dead. I asked her what the hell she'd been doing? She says to me as tears run down her cheeks, I just couldn't find any cannabis. You see this? This is a crime. And it is happening all over the country. Kids particularly, turning to other drugs because they can't get cannabis.

I also passed on another example that involved my own dad. About 5 years ago he was a sixty year old chronic alcoholic who was an aggressive, violent, depressed man. I introduced cannabis to him about 5 years ago, and he is a completely different man. All of his aggression and depression is gone, he works now part-time, and he's happy. The difference has to be seen to be believed. He loves his smoke and doesn't drink at all now. And you will not find a stauncher advocate for cannabis. It changed his life and he knows it.

So one needs to ask oneself. How many alcoholics are out there that don't have to be? How many kids are out there taking pills and other drugs because they haven't got access to cannabis? How many lives are being destroyed? So for me the fight has gone beyond the right for recreational use. This is a fight for humanity. And so I told this to Ms Copeland and reminded her that everyday she works, she works against humanity. And the more successful the likes of her are, the worse they will make it. And put simply, people will die.

I think we need to start looking at this as a crime. Take care all.

I am interested what her reply was? You're right though, there is even a book called "Marijuana is safer, so why are we driving people to drink?" I have read it and it makes a lot of sense. Many times have I drank because smoking pot wouldn't have been socially acceptable, this should never have to be the case. When uncle 'bob' makes a fool of himself at the christmas party, is he drunk, or is he stoned? If he was stoned, he might eat all the snacks, but he's not going to vomit on the new carpet. Those against cannabis have literally ran out of material to throw against it, because time and time and time again all the claims are proven wrong. A link that says 'cannabis, when consumed in large amounts, over long periods of time, during adolescence, may increase the likelihood of bringing forward a psychotic episode in a small number of users' is NOT A LINK. That is clutching at straws at its absolute best. I know of people who have thought they were having a psychotic episode, because they became paranoid after smoking and I remember them saying "I knew it could cause mental illness!!" Of course after the weed wore off, my friend said 'next time I won't smoke too much' and we had a laugh about it.

This is us vs them - :wallbash:

Aurora2020

Aurora2020

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 Posts:
  • Interests:Astronomy, reading, cooking and getting ripped
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Lighting: ambient/candles lol
When it comes to Weed v's Alcohol there's just no contest! Same thing as saying 'Chilled dude v's Totally Aggressive Fucking Moron'!!! Hehe

• Guests

What the NCPIC refuse to accept is that there is no such thing as "cannabis withdrawal"!

Firstly, most people who claim to be addicted to smoking cannabis, are in fact actually addicted to ingesting large amounts of nicotine mixed with cannabinoids into there lungs.

Secondly, the majority of people who use to much cannabis are doing it as a way to self medicate themselves for a underlying mental illness.

Just giving people cannabinoids in tablet form without treating there nicotine addiction and/or mental illness will probably have a high short term success rate, but will be incredibly unsuccessful in the long term with most chronic cannabis smokers. Although, I can see it being useful in certain situations.

btw, although I have major issues with the NCPIC's public stance on cannabis dependence, if they do get sativex accepted to treat cannabis dependence it would probably be the best thing to happen for cannabis law reform in my life time. I mean, this isn't some synthetic cannabinoid, it's actually THC & CBD extracted from the cannabis plant. 

If it actually does get accepted for such a benign condition as "cannabis withdrawal", then you'd think it would have to be a lot easier to have it accepted for more serious medical conditions.  Also, it would help end the common perception in the Australian medical community that cannabis is unfit for human  consumption.

Peace

You really know how to sum things up. I couldn't agree more with what you say. Medically and scientifically speaking you seam to really have a good understanding of the situation :thumbsup:

Kudos to you :bongon:

Frazz

Frazz

Drug War Veteran

• 420 Crew
  • 5342 Posts:
  • Cannabis Photography Competition

• Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
Study into cannabis withdrawal drug

09 January 2012

In a world-first, researchers from the National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre (NCPIC), based at UNSW, are leading a study to determine whether the pharmaceutical drug Sativex can help people better manage cannabis withdrawal symptoms as a platform for ongoing abstinence.
It is estimated that there are at least 200,000 people dependent on cannabis in Australia, with one in ten people who try the drug at least once in their lifetime having problems ceasing use.
“One of the major barriers for regular cannabis users when they try to quit is withdrawal,” said NCPIC director Professor Jan Copeland. “Withdrawal symptoms may include sleep difficulties, cravings and mood swings and although these are not life threatening, they are significant enough to cause marked distress and lead people to go back to using the drug.”
“There is currently no targeted drug available to assist with cannabis withdrawal. Tobacco smokers have nicotine replacement therapies to assist them when they stop cigarette smoking and opiate users have synthetic opioids like methadone. This study will investigate whether a pharmaceutical preparation of botanical cannabis known as Sativex has the potential to help cannabis users in a similar way.”
Sativex is administered through a mouth spray. It is registered for use in Canada, Spain and the UK as treatment for the symptomatic relief of neuropathic pain in multiple sclerosis patients. The spray contains the cannabis extracts, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). THC is the substance primarily responsible for the psychoactive effects of cannabis, however, the spray administers the substance at doses below the level of intoxication.
This randomised controlled trial is funded by National Health and Medical Research Council and is currently recruiting participants for the limited places available. It requires an admission to hospital in either Sydney or Newcastle for one week free of charge.
For more information on the study and to learn if you might be eligible, please email Dr David Allsop or call on (02) 9385 0448

http://newsroom.unsw...withdrawal-drug

The folly of these wowsers, My mate cant even get a bed in a Hospital and he is incapacitated! .. yet this mob can admit pple to hospital to study them with this bullshit mortein spray ...

I would imagine GW Pharmacetecauls, makers of Sativex, would be laughing all the way to the Bank ... here we have the Australian Govt. funding trials with taxpayers money, for a private Pharmacetecal Corporation

:peace:
We are stardust, we are golden,
We are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

The Hash Nibbler

The Hash Nibbler

Wherever I lay my Hash, that's my home.

• Members
  • 6554 Posts:
  • Interests:Pooping Dark Matter Hash Nuggets, Eating Endangered Animals.
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: When switch is "ON"
But Frazz, They are saving the children.............. Won't someone think of the Children?!?! ............ I'm sure it all makes sense in La La land, where ya get paid to create your own positions by providing bogus information on Cannabis to the Australian Public.

Back that up with an unwillingness to listen to anyone who uses cannabis WITHOUT problems, any credible information and studies on Cannabis-medicinal or otherwise ........and now......... with the backing of a huge Pharmacutical company to fund more of their anti-Cannabis propaganda.

Honestly amazes me that the NCPIC still get funding.................is anyone even checking their "Research" cause a lot of it is old, bogus and without merit.
If I won Lotto I wouldn't buy a house, I'd sue the arse off the NCPIC for misleading the Australian public and knowingly providing incorrect and Misleading information to gain funding for a tax payer funded Government organization.

Ya make me sick ya twats............... Sorry to hear about ya mate Frazz, hope he can get a bed soon mate.
Peace. Gh72

And so, life returned to normal, or at least as normal as it gets in this primitive dirtball inhabited by psychotic apes. Thanks to the effects of the Hash waves, the people of Earth have not memory of what had transpired, except Nibbler, and no one believed him or cared what he had to say. I, meanwhile, returned to my post, ever vigilant, lest Earth again come under Hash attack. And when that day comes, God help us. God help us all.

Cloning for Coco Growers

https://cannabis.com...le/#entry301424

Coco Growers Guide
https://cannabis.com...nd-get-growing/

Tent Set up and Equipment List

https://cannabis.com...-yaself-a-tent/

Dutch Tulip Joint Tutorial

https://cannabis.com...h-catcher-leaf/

Decarboxylated Bubble Hash Brownies

https://cannabis.com...il/#entry391759

Growing outdoors and Understanding Light Hours

https://cannabis.com...rs/#entry322068

CO2 Extraction Hash with Dry Ice

https://cannabis.com...ag/#entry304265

Cerberus

Cerberus

WooWooWooWooWooWoo!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1582 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 1000W HPS
http://www.telegraph...in-Britain.html

£125/10ml? I wonder what the end consumer will have to pay for this average 11 day supply?

Edited by Cerberus, 17 January 2012 - 12:35 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

C0R3

C0R3

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: VEG:(LED/MH/CMH),BLOOM(LED/HPS/CMH)
Damn...
Got my hopes up for a second...
*continues dreaming of the day that cannabis is no longer treated as a deadly addictive substance*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NCPIC, cannabis

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
The Vaporite
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.