Shroomys 2011 - 2012 Outdoor

hay shroom if ya sick a carrying water out ,,

i uste carry out them old plastic dirt bins ya get from bunnings .. they fit inside each other , easy to carry out , an they come in dark green ,

an its as bitta of a bitch but the next time its pissing down go out , with small tarp an tie it up from trees an they fill real quick , funnell it into em , or set the tarps up late arvo an get basck out next morning ,, ,lil bitta getting wet , an youll have anouth water for awile .. just use wire to tie lids on an keep a lil away from plants ,, bongon.gif

• Upvote 1

I'd be definitely scoping out some other spots. The ground looks a bit hard and dry there, and unless you have your system of watering dialed in perfect your just gonna have a *#%@ of a time come late season. Once that weather heats up mid to late January, your plants will cook without water.

Its worthwhile spending a bit more time searching for a really good spot than settling for something less than ideal. I prefer growing along creek banks where there's a source of water. The plants near the creek almost always outperform the others, even with significantly less care. You don't need to cart any soil/ferts in either, as creek banks as usually just big accumulations of rich compost that have been washed downstream and eventually settle. Only problem really is the flash flood hazard, which if I recall has buggered you in the past.

Anyway, aside from that, the best advice I can give is to echo what others have suggested. Water crystals, a nice retentive soil mixture and loads of compost. Best of luck. :peace:

sweet thanx smashed I am looking into something simular atm ;)

the soil is a little dry Sawyer but i have grown in much drier and gotten good results :) and yes it was I that copped the flash floods and lost almost everything but 4 plants due to planting near a river... Ill never do that again... i broke me inside to come back from the 7 days of constant rain to see nothing but mud every where plants should have been...

I am having a word to my mentor to night about how I am going to do this and ill post up his advice later ;)

keep safe everyone :)

lol Jimbo its on the to do list on my return from my over seas trip mate :) so gonna come and visit you and the missus if you guys will have me :)

Ok so the new game plan is as follows

3 foot deep holes, bottom of holes layered with black plastic with holes punched through it to stop water pooling and causing root rot, a shit load of water crystals and news paper used as a mulching cover to keep the water in the hole and then covered with local dirt to try and help mulch a bit more :)

I think this is going to work quite well as this advice comes from my long time mentor that has been growing for close to 20 years and pulls 10 pound plants in this type of setup... any one doughting this needs to jump on OzStoners and check out my mentors grows... I wont mention him by name on here but will gladly give his name on that forum via pm if anyone wants to check his shit out ;)

yea good onya shroomy that method of the deep holes lined with tough plastic really does create a great reservoir of water for the plant

it really is the best way for you

its a Catch-22 situation with Cannabis' demand for water and the long hot summers out Bush in Oz

cause the bigger the plant is the greater the total leaf surface, and the greater the rate of transpiration is

ive done a little bit of outdoors and with 4-5 foot plants i found they have no trouble transpiring 5+ litres of water on a really hot day

of course some of that is lost to evaporation into atmosphere, but thats where the thick newspaper mulch slows that right down

newspaper is real good cause its natural,it breathes and keeps the roots cool too :thumbsup:

have a good run :peace: