ScrOG trimmed 4 wks into flower?

HI guys.

Just started week 5 of flower on a first attempt at growing. (apparently a C99 x of some kind)

Its a scrog running a sativa dominant bagseed plant in perlite/coco75/25,

Just finished a trim over 3 days and would appreciate some advice.

The lower canopy was very thick with lots of leaves pushed up against each other not allowing much air flow, so even though it was 4 weeks in I decided I had better give her a trim to avoid mould issues and to allow access should a pest/disease problem arise in future. (her first ever real trim)

I know its too late to be doing that kind of thing but In the end I think the +'s out weigh the -'s because it opened things up enough to find quite a few dead and dying leafs I couldn't see before and 4 or 5 really scraggly lower suckers that had climbed up and were blocking things up.

Now that its clear Im going to get x2 130w 2700k CFL's under there to help the lower canopies bud sites develop.

I tried to be gentle but I did take off a lot of fan leafs (perhaps more than I should have) and such, so I dunno, I would really appreciate some 2nd opinions on how badly what Ive done will effect the growth/yield, so far it has been stalled out since the last cut 2 days ago and Im expecting another 3 days or so before growth resumes?

On the up side the few cones I got from the little hair balls I clipped off were pretty damn potent.

Before

post-44716-0-07116800-1309831753_thumb.jpg

After

post-44716-0-43731700-1309831718_thumb.jpg

Top shot

post-44716-0-65365900-1309831919_thumb.jpg

Edited by plastik

hi plastik & welcome to OS boards :applause:

You have done well. Offten some trimming below the plant right up to the net is sought. There is also alot of leaf material on top you often have to trim off to allow light to penetrate to the small er cola's & buds.

Just started week 5 of flower on a first attempt at growing. (apparently a C99 x of some kind)

It looks very 'satty dom' plant and a longer flowering ....... do you have any idea of the c99 finishing times ? Hopefully your up for a minimum of 6-7 more weeks althogh it could be longer .......................................:smoke:

WWWWay to grow one plant & maximise your yield of of it - :applause:

:yinyang:

Nitty.

G'day Plas.

You reckon you got savage? Have a look at the pruning job on mine, they are just over 4 weeks into flower. I give 'em hell, they'll bounce back quick. It's a WEED, when all's said and done, just one we happen to love. You did right, mate, openining up your plant, it will love you for it. Nice looking heads, too. :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Thanks for the advice guys, makes me feel a bit better :)

I think the C99's flower time is pretty short at around 7-9 weeks but its been X'd with another Satty and its been grown from seed so its all a bit of a guess.

Wish I could have started with a nice short flowering, low anxiety Indica but none of them germinated due to old age and these ones just seemed to be blessed, like I was supposed to grow them so I thought I better not rock the boat.. lol

I guess Ill try ordering some from O/S in the near future, its all such a stress though.

She is certainly living up to the C99's reputation for smell and strength though, quite subtle until touched which leads to extremely powerful tropical, pineapple type aromas with a hashy, rotten fruit under tone and the smoke is very, very head strong, almost uncomfortably so.

She has about 5% orange hairs but considering how much she has been stuffed around with extended veg, light leaks early on in flower, temp spikes, deficiencies, this trimming and all the rest I guess Im going to have to just keep an eye on the trichromes and hairs, see how it goes.

The thing Im really unsure on though is when to apply PK13-14, I can see the buds starting to spiral a bit (I think) and calyxes are starting to show them selfs on buds, so I was planning on starting a 3 weeks cycle starting week 6.

Start wk6 with 1/2 strength PK13-14,, full strength wk7, 1/2 strength for wk8.

I wrote to Canna but they have ignored me queries. :( does that sound like a reasonable plan or should I wait longer?

Thanks AN, I appreciate your words and Ill check out your pics,

Thanks also TokenJJ, Ill take that on board,

Just had a look at your pics Norm, Jebus that was one hell of a hair cut.

Well shes has bounced back already and is packing it onto the top colas :D so she obviously appreciated the trim.

If she keeps up like this for another 6 weeks she may turn out to be a bit of a monster even with all my stuff ups (knock on wood).

if she had been grown properly from the get go I can see would be capable of some really massive spears,

Ill get some pics up in my diary early next week, after a bit more progress.

G'day Plas.

Mine are starting to recover already, from my unprovoked attack. New rich, lush growth everywhere. I get easily that nasty outdoors, too. But seeing the summers down here leave a fair bit to desired, I try to open the plant up, so more heads are exposed to what sun there is. Some people agree with my approach, and some go berserk and want to crucify or impale me. I'll post some pics in a few days as I'm busy during the days at the moment, working (slaving) for my whip weilding, evil sister. She's a gem, actually. When I was unwell last year, after release from hospital from the leg infection, she and her family were very good to me, I was laid up for some time then. A laid up Norm is a very unpleasant critter, I hate inactivity. :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Well here are some pics of what she's looking like up top now. As you can see if she hadn't been trained she would of thrown out some nice spears, love to see her outdoors after a good veg.

Everything seems to be coming along reasonably well all things considered.

Hows she look as far as her progression through flowering, does she look around 1/2 way, less/more?

Shes @ wk6 today and planning to start her a on 3 week cycle of PK-13-14 this coming Friday, followed by a 10 day cycle for the reduction of nutrients, finished up with a fortnights flushing taking her to 13 weeks?

Its a head strong Sativa and a more relaxing smoke is preferred so thats why the planned flower time has been stretched a bit.

So do you gus think this is a reasonable time-line to follow?

Should I make up a new thread for this question?

Thanks fellas, this place has been a huge help.

post-44716-0-17393900-1310357886_thumb.jpg

post-44716-0-06472600-1310357843_thumb.jpg

post-44716-0-52193600-1310358802_thumb.jpg

post-44716-0-61050900-1310358904_thumb.jpg