A syk outdoor grow

Guest Wilderbud

Shit soil and shit weather caused it - if youre going to put bark in a mix then you want it to be composted bark. If the cow shit was fresh then that could be a good excuse too [itll do]. You have to compost raw materials to kill all the bad bacterias. If you look at the stem between the soil and the dead first set of true [single] leaves youll see that its rotten and itll probably stay shitty for a few weeks then fall off and the inner part of the stem will be susceptible to disease.

Next time you try organics start straight peat in a 3" cup then pot up to 1/3 peat, 1/3 compost, 1/3 soil and the right amount of blood and bone for the rest of the grow [go from 3" to 6" to 12" IMO]. Even if it rains for days this should be fine - sphagnum moss is good to retain water too but you dont need it for a nurtured grow and its not cheap. I guarantee itll work for you as long as the mediums arent crappy brands [Woolies carry some good brands].

If you are serious about indoors then throw those away [part-buried in the bush to let nature take over if you really want but dont bring heat on by visiting them if you do this]. :P

Ugh - youd think I would have hit send last night before going to sleep. Hehe. Man I hate being woken up *yells some more*.

Shit soil and shit weather caused it -

Hey wilderbud

The soil and organic fert were store bought (or rather "borrowed from someine who bought it), I follwoed the instructions but I think I should have made the soil a bit more shady? And it does sound like a cop out "oh I had sh*t weather that's why my plants are f8cked but IMO the weather arond the south east of syd has been sh*t and we have had the 1st couple of nice days, over thae last couple, for maybe the last few weeks

The bark at the top -that has me stumped it doesn't look like there is bark in potting mix/fert so I am not sure of the source of the bark on the top of the plants I did not add any any ideas were it came from.

leaves youll see that its rotten and itll probably stay shitty for a few weeks then fall off and the inner part of the stem will be susceptible to disease.
Thanks mate that is another piece of info (with to paragraph below it) I'm gonna archive in a word file, don't worry I have no intetion of following LS's idea of a book, however mine would be all plagarise info from other OS :P.

Why only 1/2 buried is there a reason or is just your preferred method?

Yeah I am not ricg enough to spend a lot on the buckets/media/nutes etc I am guuna put my $ into a 600 light as it is a bit more versatile imo, ie better lux than a 400w but 1000w maybe too warm in a cupboard grow and too much $

Thanks for the reply mate, I am in no rush for a reply after all this is a mess booard not a chat room so if it takes a week to get to my thread and your replies seems a bit off the presnt topic, i would prefer you posted as any extra info is far more impt than cont .a present subject IMO Thanks again and I'm a bit of a night owl as well, U tend to be the only regular late night member you online, but maybe I 'm wrong. Sorry it was a bit long but if someone gets me started on mj and cultiv. thenI tend to talk a bit.. Cheers WB