A syk outdoor grow

Guest Wilderbud
Syk, TIF images are huge and the file is very large - reducing the file reduces the image quality more than a compressed image would. Try saving as JPG [JPEG] or export/convert the full sized TIF image to JPG as JPG uses compression so you can fit more image into the file without losing quality. :D

Thanks for the advice, this was my first time using digital camera (nikon 3.2 pix I think) and I am using adobe photoshop originally these files were 600kB approx. so I will try to change to JPEG. Thanks again and any additional advice on changing these image files to jpg, anything to do with computers or growing, would always be appreceiciated. Presently I am using a pent. 2 yes thats right a PENTIUM II but I am looking for a new system, so any advice would more than welcome (price $2000-2500 no screen as I will probably upgrade in 18mnths when the CRT screens become cheaper) cheers :D

Guest Wilderbud

I have an old computer - its not what you use...

BTW the first plant looks OK if its outdoors [12/12 = slow growth] but the second looks like its been nute burnt and has a white stem [root rot? - if it is you have to let the soil dry before watering each time]. :D

Yeah, I see what you mean. I started running zonealarm after reading other posts and I had heaps of attempts to access my computer but now I have hardly any (maybe they found a way around it), Norton antivirus(free 15 day use from norton site) picked up and cleared a few viruses, and spysweeper cleared a number of programs based on webroot however I think I will try the program suggested by others, spybot (I think) But this thing is sooooooo... slow I can't play musis and search the web without fear of it crashing and connecting to internet is a f.....ing hassle. I need a new computer so any suggestions....? thanks

so any advice would more than welcome (price $2000-2500 no screen as I will probably upgrade in 18mnths when the CRT screens become cheaper) cheers

If it is for standard home use, games, word-processing, desktop publishing and internet then the best value would be an AMD CPU (min XP2500+)based PC using an MSI mainboard (the KT4V is good, so is it's on-board 5.1 sound), 512 mb ram, 120mb hard drive with 8mb cache, minimum 64mb Geforce 4 mx440 graphics card, dvd/cd player, cd-rw, 450w power supply and a midi or full tower case. Go with Windows XP as Windows 98 cannot take full advantage of all the features on the modern PC (pity), one major disadvantage of going to XP is that you may not be able to get drivers for your older equipment like scanners and cameras. This should all come in under $2,000.

@Wilderbud: THanks for the advice, I think I may have over watered( IT rained over a couple of days just after watering although that is no excuse for leaving them out in the weather) and I will let the soil dry out for a couple of days and not fert.

@Tazstoner: is there a difference between PIIII with HT and suggested processer and where would you suggest I get this from. Thanks