Cabinet RDWC Scrog

Hi again everyone!!

I'm back I haven't posted for over a year, in that time I have had a few successful grows in my RDWC Cabinet setup But I haven't been using the scrog screen or external reservoir until now.

I have made some additions to the system, I have added a water chiller to keep my nutrient a consistent 22C, a more powerful submersible pump to push the nutrient up through the chiller and into the growing reservoir and an additional air pump to oxygenate the nutrient in the external reservoir.

...So basically I'm back to leech some more valuable advice and feedback from the infinite wisdom of Ozstoners!!! :)

Everything is running at optimum temps and is fairly low maintenance, all I need is some advice on pruning/training a Scrog.

Lucas Formula: 12CF

pH: 5.7 - 6.2

I took these photos just before the light comes on (sorry about the shit resolution, I couldn't find my camera so I had to use my phone).

post-33524-0-91012200-1308729472_thumb.jpg

These are feminized Chrystal seedlings in about their second week of 12/12. I haven't done anything special with them basically just let them grow up through the screen, plucking off the larger fan-leaves to let more light through to the smaller leaders and then gradually tucking the larger leaders square by square out towards the edges of the screen to try and fill it out.

....Is it really this simple or am I missing something?

post-33524-0-88774200-1308729500_thumb.jpg

post-33524-0-49921200-1308729631_thumb.jpg

It seems like I have pulled heaps of leaf off these girls but they are still really bushy!!! I was wondering what the consensus is?

Do I keep doing what I'm doing until I fill the screen and then chop everything beneath the screen?

or

Do I thin everything out now to get better light penetration and more tops growing through the screen?

Cheers

U4R1K :crazyrocker:

Hey u4r1k, looks good man and yeah it pretty much is that simple. Unless your humidity is really high I wouldn't pull too many leaves off but the plant will handle it for the first few weeks of flower. Keep it up u4r1k :bongon:

Naycha :peace:

Cool thanks mate :bongon:

Well this grow has turned into a disaster!!! :crybaby:

I checked on my cabinet this afternoon and realized that the plant on the left was male!!! The seeds I grew from were supposed to be feminized but two out of three seeds I germinated turned out to be males! They are from Nirvana seeds ( www.nirvana.nl ) :thumbdown:

So I had to chop the male plant out. To make things worse when I tried to pull the roots out they were tangled around the air lines so I ended up completely fucking them up!

Air is still being pumped into the reservoir but only coming in one end (the end furthest from the remaining plant).

So I'm guessing the roots that are left in the res are gonna start decaying polluting the nutrient :wallbash:

All I can do is keep using H2O2 to try and counter the decaying roots and keep the female growing, I've come too far and spent too much time to walk away from this grow empty handed!!

I did cut some clones a few weeks ago off both plants two off the male and one off the female, but fucked if I know which is which!! :doh:

I guess the moral of the story is:

Don't put complete trust in feminized seeds

Don't skip the sexing/cloning stage

DON'T CUT CORNERS!!

hi U4R1K - nice event happening .............. if you need to speed up 'root decay' Cannazyme is 1 product I can suggest.

CANNAZYM; consists of more than 12 different kinds of enzymes to which vitamins and extracts are added. It speeds up the process of breaking down dead root material and activates the micro-organisms. In addition to this, facilitates the improved absorption of nutrients and increases the resistance against pathogenic organisms.

Search - have a read - 'hydro-growers' & 'hydro-pump-heads' love da stuff !:bongon:

Work out a plan to deal with the growth exposion on flicking to a 12/12 floering cycle - work on theprincipal 1/3 increase in height as it is the tips & buds form from the ends of the plant!

To me it looks like you habe missed your net :doh: Dose it raise uo at all ?

:yinyang:

Nitty.