Dreams and Cannabis?

How do you dream at night?  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have noticed I remember my dreams alot more when not smoking. The reason ' why ' puzzles me, but im sure it has something to do with short term memory loss and what you're brain triggers to activity when the rest of the brain rests.

I think its our sub-consciousness (sp?) regurgitating certain memories to entertain us when we zzz.zzz......

I dont suffer from repetative dreams but I did when I was around 8-10yrs old....same fkn dream used to scare the shit outta me.All gone now

Nowadays, when im not smoking, I feel like Indianan Jones in my dreams , no shit, ive woken up with the shits cause of the fact that I have woken up.. :angry:

when I smoke I hardly remember them , and when I do its segmented' and vague.

Sometimes I think of the craziest shit dreaming and when i wake up I think it all makes sense but by lunch time I relay the dream to myself and shake my head and the bizzaroo-ness of it all.

dreamsarekool ;)

I have noticed I  remember  my dreams alot more when not smoking. The reason ' why ' puzzles me, but im sure it has something to do with short term memory loss and what you're brain triggers to activity when the rest of the brain rests.

I think its our sub-consciousness (sp?) regurgitating certain memories to entertain us when we zzz.zzz......

I dont suffer from repetative dreams but I did when I was around 8-10yrs old....same fkn dream used to scare the shit outta me.All gone now

Nowadays,  when im not smoking, I feel like Indianan Jones in my dreams , no shit, ive woken up with the shits cause of the fact that I have woken up.. :angry:

when I smoke I hardly remember them , and when I do its segmented' and vague.

Sometimes I think of the craziest shit dreaming and when i wake up I think it all makes sense but by lunch time I relay the dream to myself and shake my head and the bizzaroo-ness of it all.

dreamsarekool ;)

Repetitive dreams are the most important, if you can work those out esp the ones you had as a kid it can help you come to terms with any psychological baggage you are carrying around.

Guest billy bonger

When i was young i used to have exteme nightmares,with a count down sequence at the end where my mind,which felt seperated from me would count from 10-0 then i would wake ,scared the shit outa my parents while i was asleep i'd be screaming eyes wide open!, till the moment the countdown stopped,giants,giant spiders shit like that!. Now i don't remember dreams anymore ever ;) i wonder why that is?

Billy-bonger ;)

lots of kids get "the terrors" apparently. dreams that are lucid and seem real and scare you to the bone. a friend was telling me about it the other day. its not uncommon to half wakeup and still be in your dream, thereby scaring the shit out of everyone else in the house as well cause they think you've gone insane. its usually grown out of.

Glad I'm not the only one who this happens to.. I never dream when I smoke (probably only a few weeks a year when I'm dry), or I will have 2 or 3 in a night but only remember feelings or concepts, not the specifics of the dream..

When I don't smoke, when I can get to sleep, cause after I haven't smoked my brain won't slow down for sleep and keeps whizzing on and on.. I have very vivid dreams.

Someone said the other day that most people dream in black and white? I can't remember if i dream in black and white or colour but I'm pretty sure its colour. How bout the rest of yas?

Yeah I have heard that ppl dream in B&W 99WTFU, but I remember mine in color also.

I've also heard, but do not quote me, that in a REM state of sleep U actually have many hours of dreams more than U have slept, ie. I've heard ppl dream in fast forward, I am not sure if that is true.

Not remembering dreams is not uncommon and I think if you do remeber them there is something there you need to deal with, there are plentyof sites on the net that discuss the symbolismin dreams.

As far as sleeping and circadian rythms go I am pretty sure there is a fair bit of reseach into the effect THC has on serotonin levels and other neurotransmiters, so this is an issue of dependance that I am afraid most stoners have to deal with myself included.