WA PASSES NEW CANNABIS BILL

Irrespective of whether you agree with australian activist or not, he has endured some pretty harsh responses, attacks on his character, and personal abuse. He has weathered it all, stuck around to debate the issues and generally stayed above the bullshit. He has earnt some respect IMO. I am not an activist, I don't get up off my fat ass to do anything to help legalise pot. This guy is. Instead of telling him to piss off, why don't we try an educate him on our point of view. He is trying to do something, lets help the process, not terminate it. If you think its a waste of time, you don't have to participate, or even read the thread.

No, I'm not.  I'm not making laws, I'm not suggesting laws, all I've said is that the people who have been busted in the past would be covered by these laws, that it is possible for them to grow enough for their needs.

You guys should respond to what I actually write, and keep emphasising, instead of what you think I'm saying.

I didn't mean you personally you blockhead :rolleyes: Semantics is not a good game to play with stoners B)

But your response sums it all up perfectly and highlights the uselessness of this new legislation, because it is making laws regarding growing for people who don't grow! The limit of 2 plants and 30 grams is so ridiculously impracticle that anyone who actually tried to grow that way would find that its actually cheaper to buy the damn stuff.

Guest Wilderbud
The limit of 2 plants and 30 grams is so ridiculously impracticle that anyone who actually tried to grow that way would find that its actually cheaper to buy the damn stuff.

So true - I noticed my electricity bill was more than what my first crop of hemmies was worth.

In reply to the post before it; I dont know why you need someone to be stubborn to have respect for them - aussie_activist sounded like a legit newbie to me from the first post. :rolleyes:

I agree, you don't seem to be getting my point. There are no other figures, this is all we have.

You are in an excellent place to gather your needed data, ask a question and you will get an answer and this site also has the facilities to run polls. Add that to the fact that most of the members and visitors here are Australian stoners and growers and you have found and excellent place to do the research you need for your activist site.

However, you should talk to Oz Stoner first, this is his site.

All the people here are saying is that these new law are unnecessarily cruel to the personal grower and if you are prepared to do some research here you will soon understand why. The members at OG are way to paranoid about the DEA (with good reason) to ever admit the truth to someone they don’t fully know or trust.

Irrespective of whether you agree with australian activist or not, he has endured some pretty harsh responses, attacks on his character, and personal abuse. He has weathered it all, stuck around to debate the issues and generally stayed above the bullshit. He has earnt some respect IMO. I am not an activist, I don't get up off my fat ass to do anything to help legalise pot. This guy is. Instead of telling him to piss off, why don't we try an educate him on our point of view. He is trying to do something, lets help the process, not terminate it. If you think its a waste of time, you don't have to participate, or even read the thread.
Yeah I don't, but I don't like being told I'm not an average user, by someone who's not what you'd say is a regular smoker. By that, I mean someone who smokes at least a couple of times a week.

Australian Activist, I'm not directly telling you to piss off. If you're serious, it will soon tell anyway.

No, I'm not. I'm not making laws, I'm not suggesting laws, all I've said is that the people who have been busted in the past would be covered by these laws, that it is possible for them to grow enough for their needs.

You guys should respond to what I actually write, and keep emphasising, instead of what you think I'm saying

It's a bit hard, when ppl here who have been growing for years have told you numerous times that it is IMPOSSIBLE to really grow enough for their own personal needs under these laws. It's totally impracticle, and as someone has already pointed out, would do more harm to us really, than good.

If you are serious, then learn. Listen to what you've been told, and take it with a grain of salt. The only true way to test this though, is if you yourself maybe try growing for a period of time, with a couple of different methods. That is honestly the only way you'll see what everybody here means.

I'm not usually so narky, and I do apologize for getting heated. I'm more medicinal, and haven't been coping with pain well. I've been advised to go onto opiates, and again a couple of days ago, but I WILL NOT. I have a young son, and I don't need that sort of dope. So, I get pissed off because I'm classed as a criminal for my pot use, and if you listen to society, I'm probably a bad mother too. And beleive me, you do feel guilty. When people carry on about how much a 'regular' user or 'heavy user' does, regardless of it being taken from research or whatever, it gets my goat. There is no 'regular' amount. All I know is that I get releif from smoking pot, and I have a much clearer head than taking opiates. Fuck that, hate mind-bombing meds like peth and shit. Makes me nauseated and sick. But I'm a 'Druggie' and a 'Pothead' to normal everday people, so is the common veiw on Marijuana.

So I'm very touchy about the subject, and I honestly don't think you will go far, unless you're prepared to stick around and do some research. I think your perspective on Marijuana use will have quite a shake up, especially concerning the amount of Marijuana a lot of us do use.

But as taz has pointed out, I think you may want to have a chat with Ozstoner first, it is his site. But I think you've already been adopted anyway............ B) ::rolleyes:: Take it easy............

I agree, you don't seem to be getting my point. There are no other figures, this is all we have.

You are in an excellent place to gather your needed data, ask a question and you will get an answer and this site also has the facilities to run polls.

I should have just called it quits, but I'm a sucker for punishment B)

We need a Government recognised body, a respected research/statistics mob to do this. We could collect all the anecdotal evidence and voluntary polling we like, even pass around a properly designed census with all of the requirements that official bodies would face, but we still wouldn't be taken seriously. We'd need to pass over sampling and analysis to someone who would be taken seriously. I can't do this ::rolleyes::

I'll certainly stay here and absorb as much of a feel as I can - you guys have already opened my eyes and I'm sure I'll learn more. After a bit of digging, this really is a kickass forum - I was put off initially by the small number of members and the look of it (OG has a more professional feel from a web design pov imo), but signal:noise is way up. On my first glance I PM'd LukeSkywalker about activism as he had fairly similar views to me, but reading more of the forums I realise that there are a lot more quality people here than on the larger sites.

I'm not usually so narky, and I do apologize for getting heated.

No problem. I don't take stuff like this to heart, I'm acutely aware that I come across as pedantic, provoking, arrogant and brutally honest sometimes - this is just how I am. I'll try to be more careful before making wild claims, but I'm really a nice guy when you get to know me B)

My identity is no secret, and this was a conscious decision. I'm not a grower, I'm on the extremely low end of the usage scale (~30g/year), and I really don't want to hide anymore. This makes me way more visible than you guys, so while you may come to trust me - I take it as a given that I've been a blip on someone's radar for some time now...

I spent a fair bit of time at OG and several other international sites, OG may have a "professional feel" to it but this is an Aussie site and it has an Aussie feel to it. If you want to understand why this site is so much more "comfortable" than OG then you would need to become a grower/stoner like us, this site is much easier on bloodshot eyes. ::rolleyes::