'Kronic Nightmare'

http://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/13448-couple-recall-kronic-nightmare.html

"Shane Foreman and Anne Wheeler say the only advice offered on the Kronic packaging was ‘use responsibly’. Anne Wheeler and Shane Foreman experimented with the synthetic cannabis brand Kronic.

Within five minutes of inhaling a Kronic cigarette, Anne says her ‘terrifying’ three hour nightmare began.

They randomly decided to purchase the legal product while at their local dairy, choosing to experiment with it at a nearby beach.

“Within minutes I couldn’t move or walk,†says Anne.

“I didn’t know who I was, who my partner was, where we were – I couldn’t remember anything about my life or where we lived.

“I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I thought my time had come to die.â€

Her partner also suffered bad side effects, enduring a long ‘zombie’ like state.

The frightening experience lasted over three hours, during which the couple stayed at the beach in a disorientated and confused state.

“The most terrifying thing was that I thought I was going to stay in that state forever,†says Anne.

The 40 year old has smoked real cannabis twice before in her youth, but says the experience with the fake version was much worse.

“I’m actually anti-drugs, but we were in the dairy and we saw a poster advertising it and my partner said ‘should we try it’.

“I said no, but he bought it anyway.

“I’m 40. I thought I was responsible and would use it sensibly, but look what happened to me,†says Anne.

A recent investigation by a national news agency revealed Kronic, an R-18, item, was being sold to underage teenagers ‘as easy as chewing gum’.

Anne has warned her young nieces and nephews and urges other youths not to use the product.

“They just want to sell it – the guy at the dairy we bought it from didn’t seem worried at all. He told us they sold heaps of it.â€

If those over 18 do decide to use it, Anne warns people not to use it alone, inhale small amounts and wait, don’t use it with alcohol and do it in a safe environment.

She admits taking 10 puffs of the Kronic cigarette in less than five minutes, but did not think that was a large amount.

“When I’ve tried real cannabis in the past I just got a bit giggly. So because this stuff is legal I thought it would pretty harmless.

“But it was at least 20 to 30 times worse.â€

Representatives from Lightyears Ahead Limited, the company that owns and manages the Kronic product, were approached for comment but did not return phone calls."

Seems Kronic is getting pounded in the news lately. Why the sudden interest in it? Is the push coming from those who are losing money from lack of sales of their own drugs, or is it a simple matter of any publicity is good publicity for Kronic, with the obvious sales increases as more people become aware it's out there?

People will continue to buy it regardless. For some reason many seem to believe that just because something is legal it must not be bad for you (there's utter ignorance to tobacco and alcohol here).

The sad thing is that the bad rep this "kronic" gets will bleed over into natural weed and will probably end up lengthening prohibition because people think it's just as dangerous.

My first experience with kronic

I am a daily pot smoker, Some have a glass of wine i have a bong or two per day. I was gifted a roll of this 'kronic' stuff by a dairy owner friend. I thought to myself, pfft cant be 'all that'

I lit the cig/joint? lol and took two or three good sized tokes.

2 mins later this stuff really hit, in a hard way. I had moment of panic because it was so strong. Only lasted 15mins but i would'nt try it again. Its too nasty and i would not recommend it, especially to first time stoners. Cant believe they would let this be sold in shops everywhere yet prosecute home growers of the natural herb. Just typical of the type of world we live in. Since weed can be grown by anyone anywhere they would not get $$$ but hey lets synthetic manufacture a high and then make legal and mk sm $$$. I am getting more and more peeved at the way govts, leaders etc are screwing us.

Just let us grow our own, not much to ask really is it. I have never had the urge to try any other drug - hard drugs or whatever, i am perfectly happy with weed. My wife gave me a choice, weed, ciggerette or alcohol. I chose weed and have never looked back, unfortunately its the only illegal substance!

just my rant

My first experience with kronic

I am a daily pot smoker, Some have a glass of wine i have a bong or two per day. I was gifted a roll of this 'kronic' stuff by a dairy owner friend. I thought to myself, pfft cant be 'all that'

I lit the cig/joint? lol and took two or three good sized tokes.

2 mins later this stuff really hit, in a hard way. I had moment of panic because it was so strong. Only lasted 15mins but i would'nt try it again. Its too nasty and i would not recommend it, especially to first time stoners. Cant believe they would let this be sold in shops everywhere yet prosecute home growers of the natural herb. Just typical of the type of world we live in. Since weed can be grown by anyone anywhere they would not get $$$ but hey lets synthetic manufacture a high and then make legal and mk sm $$$. I am getting more and more peeved at the way govts, leaders etc are screwing us.

Just let us grow our own, not much to ask really is it. I have never had the urge to try any other drug - hard drugs or whatever, i am perfectly happy with weed. My wife gave me a choice, weed, ciggerette or alcohol. I chose weed and have never looked back, unfortunately its the only illegal substance!

just my rant

"Looks like meat. Tastes like meat. It isn't meat at all. Doubleplus good!"

The best line is 'im actually anti-drugs...'

Like you said Samjana, no money for the gov or manufacturers if we grow at home, so lets introduce synthetics. Will always be a battle between the chemists and the gov though, remember 'meow meow' was legal before the fun police got involved. Never had it, or kronic, myself but i am a firm believer that you should be able to do anything you want as long as it doesn't harm others or impede on their happiness, and also anything in moderation.

The thing is you can't smoke the legal blend like kronic in the same capacity as weed. There is also no crossover tolerance. So people just go in thinking its the same thing, it obviously isnt and these drugs need to be treated with respect. The active chemicals in these blends only need 1mg to give the user a mild effect, with 4mg giving the user a reasonably pleasurable effect. These products often have around 20-40mg of chem per gram of leafage. Therefore smoking .3 of a gram for a single person would most likely turn into an overdose. If its your first time smoking a legal blend please go at it reasonably, dont be sick *#%@ and down a whole joint straight away. Take a small puff and feel out the high for 3 mins, if its not where you want it take another. These chems also act quicker than cannabis and has a much steeper overdose curve so you have to be careful. But so long as you take small amounts and be reasonable with them, they should be fine.

People having these adverse affects probably just underestimated the drug and smoked a whole bunch straight away, which i think we can all agree isn't exactly a smart thing to do with any drug.

Or.... they could be smoking hot spots of the blends which occur in the manufacturing process, when too much chems are accidentally sprayed on 1 part of the leafage and that part becomes way too concentrated. Bam OD and a terribly bad trip. But too my knowledge no one has died from this stuff.

Anyway kronic seems to be getting way too sloppy with their process, i'd go for a more reputable brand like tai high gold.

Edited by gillyske

just because kronic is legal, dosnt mean its safe...

the problem is theres no restrictions or safety warnings at all...

ive seen 2 women have an experience like she described after using regular weed. I see this as a sign that kronic is close to weed (thats good)

if a legal weed becomes common place, it will make regular weed more tollerated and help with anti-prohibition efforts...

I think any serious stoner should at least try kronic, just for comparison, but its never going to replace regular weed and its not supposed to

:bongon: