Power Bill

What makes it advanced?

G'day Naycha, from what I understand there's the basic dwc which is a stand alone bucket with an air stone, then you can have multiple containers with a control bucket, then you can go multiple containers with control bucket and have it recirculating, then you can go multiple containers with control bucket and have it recirculating and have a seperate res to keep the control bucket at the correct level, then you can go multiple containers with control bucket and have it recirculating and have a seperate res to keep the control bucket at the correct level with a chiller to keep the water temp at the optuim. Then theres the air pumps & stones the more bubbles the better. You could put a few more things in there but I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

Anyway your the man when it comes to DWC.

Vrod

An interesting thread guys,

This thread certainly kept me interested and like Autonym says "everyone has an opinion" so here's mine:

Firstly, if the basis of this light schedule is to replicate outdoor conditions - where on this planet do they have 1 hour of daylight in the middle of the night time period? Also, as already mentioned keep in mind many strains have been selected from indoor stocks therefore replicating outdoor cycles isnt always the ultimate objective.

Autonym - you said you were on 18/6 for 10 weeks in veg indoors? - unless youre growing 4 cubic meter giants this is way too long for veg mate - tends to make me think your findings are not the best indicator of Vrod's lighting schedule.

Results from a controlled enviroment (same strain, same enviro, nutes etc & seperate light schedules) would be the best basis for your claim. How was your overall yield on 12-5.5-1-5.5 schedule compared to previous grows on 18/6 and 12/12? As GH72 mentioned the outcome tends the justify the claim. And not to discourage you, helthy debate for the purpose of improving existing growing methods is always welcome in my opinion. BUT, from my own experience with indoor strains i tend to lean towards Token JJs method of 20/4 for the 1st 2-3 weeks, followed by 18/6 until desired size is achieved then 12/12 until harvest. For 14 years i have tested 24/0, 20/4, 18/6 & 16/8 in veg and 12/12, 10/14 & 18/6 in flower. I admit i have not done a side by side comparisson for lighting schedule experiments (although i have done plenty of other side by side testings) but I know my best results have been with 20/4, 18/6 veg followed by 12/12.

I for one would love to reduce my power consumption, if i follow your schedule i would be concerned about blowing timers but more importantly i would be more concerned that it has a negative impact on the end result.

I personally would love to see your overall results using this method, with some incentive i would be happy to test it myself and i for one would be able to provide a reliable conclusion as i consistently achieve and record the same result indoors (seasonal dependant) for years. Even if there was no significant improvement and no idenifyable degradation to the result i would be happy to test this method.

Until then I agree with GH72 - Holland have pioneered growing/breeding techniques for decades to date and most of the strains we are growing today can be traced back to Dutch breeders. We all know the industry has its fare share of "snake juice" remedies and gimicks but when it comes to the foundations of canna growing the Dutch should be commended.

If this guy (same forgotten) is paying out on Ed Rosenthal then he must be smokin some good shit because Ed is, and always will be one of he modern day forefathers of canna cultivation.

cheers,

JC

p.s. where's the results Vrod?

• Upvote 1

G'day lads.

I'm one of those types of guys that reads a lot. A lot. And when it came to the time where I decided to grow a plant for the first time, I did plenty more reading. Now, I can't knock anyone's way of growing, they all seem to work, including the 12-1 routine, which is what I'm currently doing. I'm only day 44 from seed, under CFL, but seems to be working for me... I like the idea of having short bushy plants with fat leaves, which is fantastic for my cupboard :)

Here's a couple of pics I just took, which I'll also put in my grow diary.

Day 44

post-42573-0-31586600-1313816622_thumb.jpg

post-42573-0-33152800-1313816707_thumb.jpg

Heya delta :) , mate 44 days is a long veg time for something thats not half way to being a monster or in a scrog set up. I have plants that size in 2-3 weeks max with 18/6 , thats half the time. So I don't get it...... am I missing something here? Or is growing plants slower with weaker growth the new black?

John Citizen has some good points. Where are the end results? I'm still waiting too....... Peace. Gh72

Come on Grasshopper not everyone grows as well as you, they might be 44 days but they look healthy, and whats with having to grow as fast as possible. I'm still using 12-1 for Veg and as far as I can determine all is just as good if not better with less power consumption. I really think the best thing would be if you flipped your lights to 12-1 and see how it goes. From what I've seen on this site, if you or Naycha gave it a go then we would all know one way or the other.

And if you think 12-1 is fucked up how about this, apparently the plant only requires 14 minutes in the hour to stay vegging. So for the 12hr period it's 15min on 45min off, then after the 12hrs it's, 5.5hrs off 1hr on 5.5hrs off then repeat. Using this method you save 80%.

Vrod

Come on Grasshopper not everyone grows as well as you, they might be 44 days but they look healthy, and whats with having to grow as fast as possible. I'm still using 12-1 for Veg and as far as I can determine all is just as good if not better with less power consumption. I really think the best thing would be if you flipped your lights to 12-1 and see how it goes. From what I've seen on this site, if you or Naycha gave it a go then we would all know one way or the other.

And if you think 12-1 is fucked up how about this, apparently the plant only requires 14 minutes in the hour to stay vegging. So for the 12hr period it's 15min on 45min off, then after the 12hrs it's, 5.5hrs off 1hr on 5.5hrs off then repeat. Using this method you save 80%.

Vrod

See, now that last paragraph screams of someone in need of reading and digesting of some good horticultural information...

I`ve put forward my concerns and questions, none of which have been answered in any definitive way nor manner.

Vrod, I`ve asked a few basic questions relating to this method which you`ve either brushed off or ignored altogether. Can you please show defining proof as to the benefits or successes of this method?

Perhaps we can keep the topic on track instead of a slanging match, which I see it becoming...

JAIKAI

Vrod, trust me, I am not a good grower........... There are guys on here make me look like a newb, I learn new things all the time on here...

Oh by the way.... Delta, what I was talking about is no put down on ya plants mate, they are bloody lovely. I meant in general as in comparitive growth between 12/1 and 18/6.

So if I offended ya mate, I really am sorry.

I can see the power saving benefits, but to be honest, growing Cannabis, you only get out what ya put in. Cannabis loves light. Why skimp on light for slower growth?

Your claim of 30-50% reduction in power is Bollocks if it takes twice as long...getting my drift? I use twice the power and am done twice as fast, so it's the same, except I didn't gin around heaps.........

I'm sure you can get a 80% power reduction using the 15min in the hour style, but come on, REALLY???, you think you gonna get the best outta ya plants from that.

And also the fact that for most people in winter, the lights heat the room, without it on 12/1 you will probably need to run a heater and that blows ya power saving outta the water....... Maybe good for summer.... I dunno...

I'm sorry, but the day I ever use 12/1 in my grow room, all the Cupboard Crew will know I've gone completely mad and have orders to Shoot me on sight, head shots....

I looked at it this way and looked at it that way and to be honest.... There's no real advantage.

I know it's not a race, but the sooner they go into flower from Veg, the sooner I can be smoking it , now thats a theory.. oh no, thats a FACT. lol ..... Peace. Gh72

• Upvote 2