tipping your plants

hiya guys

just a quick question...alittle while ago doc green put up a post on tipping your plants something bout splitting the nodes and getting 2 then 4 and so on...just wondering if some1 could give me a n00b run down of the process or direct me to sum nice material to read up on? stay safe :blink:

cheers

hey,

Theres lots of different names for it, they are all slightly different but done for the same effect. Alot of older growers used to pinch the main growing tip and remove only the top node. Usually leaving 2-5 nodes as a crown bud. Tweezers can be used with a scalpal to make the job easier for those of us with less delicate hands :blink:

This will also stunt the hieght of the plant, if the plant was too tall to flower you could prune it alot lower and use the left over matter as a clone. Try searching FIM or supper cropping for a more detailed explaination stonedas

Alot of older growers used to pinch the main growing tip and remove only the top node. Usually leaving 2-5 nodes as a crown bud.

Older growers!!! You guys love picking on my age don't you. :P I'm not really all that old yet. :)

I usually tip mine (using the older grower method) when they are about half my veging height (5-6 nodes left), I pinch out the unopened crown at the top of the plant. This also causes the plant to become bushier so it's probably not such a good idea if the grow room/area is already a bit crowded.

:blink: