Autopot PH Issue, Plants looking sick HELP pls!

Hi,

I have got a problem i cant seem to fix with my best efforts, hoping a Gun from here might be able to help me out. Here my issue, growing in Autopots x2 trays and 30L tank i think PH is my main issue, i have PH in tank at 5.5 but checking under the pots in trays its always UP at 7 to 7.5. I have yellkowing of leaves and them falling off and some of the new shoots are dry/britle. I have flushed them out but it always seems to go back up the next day. I am using tape water ph 7 and then ph it down to 5.5 but my tank is stable tho not under pots. I am using dutch master a&B

Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor AUTOPOT x2 tray setup with 30L tank

Growing Medium: Perilite (just transplanted from clyaballs thinking they where problem, but alas it seems not)

Nutrient Strength (PPM/EC): 700ppm

PH Levels: 5.5 in tank (tho underpots always up at 7 to 7.5!)

Temperature/Humidity Levels: 30/50

Air Flow/Fans etc.: x2

Lighting Type (CFL/HPS/MH etc.): hps600

Growth Stage: just started flower

Cannabis Strain: Blue Mystic

Any help appeciated i have tried all i can think of.

I tried the auto pot system also and found that the ph in the pots didn't reflect the level in the tank. Albeit, not to the extent you've got. Maybe you could try 48hrs of ph adjusted water only, then go back to your nutes. May just be a build up of nutes in the roots. I found I had to run the hose straight fromn the tap to flush, then 24-48 hours to stabilise the ph again (with ph adjusted water only).

Dunno if it wil help mate, just a suggestion anyways. I got some sage advice a while back about the auto pots and the only real downside is that you run out of room for flowering. (which I discovered after my first run) Have since switched to DWC method and find ph, ec and temp easier to control... also unlimited root ball space.

Growing awesome weed requires the right variables (which I'm sure you're aware of). the auto pots are just a little limiting I found. Only my personal experience. can't say I'm an expert in any way shape or form. I'm on my third grow....and still learning heaps as I go.

best of luck anyways.

Cheers, Blue.

Hey Blue,

Thnaks for the reply, i will definalty try to flush them tomorrow with say 15 litres each of ph 5.0 water and il check runoff. i am using perlite did you also and how big did you grow till you turned them?

Also iam growing in tent with good vents and airstones in each tray of autopots

I have added some pics, all the fan leaves first went yellow from tips to back now other leaves are dying and i cant seem to fix ph, i did have smeely roots but after flushing and translating from clay balls to perlite it doesnt smell anymore but PH is still at 7.5 in trays, does light affect the ph as i have had trays open to light when water sits in them

post-44196-0-29183100-1304685484_thumb.jpg

post-44196-0-14930300-1304685494_thumb.jpg

post-44196-0-77689200-1304685505_thumb.jpg

post-44196-0-29638400-1304685525_thumb.jpg

Thanks i get that tho. i have that chart aswell, but i cant seem to get the ph in the autopot trays to stay down, does light effect the water in trays should i be covering them to keep light out, also should i flush with ph 5.8 water then?

thanks again for replys im lost as to how to fix this, plants grew slow now i think of it so problem has probley been building up over time......do u have to pre soak perilite in ph water b4 use? i washed dust off

I havent flushed only done once, didnt realise i had to flsuh each week.

Also should i be chnaging res. water every week aswell not just topping up.

I shall flush them with 15litres each today, so u grow in AUTOPOT Reverend?

Your PH stays stable under pots then?

Perlite should be washed well before use.

Do you flush your plants every week when you change your ressie?

The light was never an issue here.

:peace:

After a big flush like you said it seems to have stabislied them under the pots PH is stable at 5.6 hoping it will rise to 6.2 before i reduce again to 5.7.

May i ask you about PPM levels, in regards to what is a good level to safly run at for beginners.