Interestingly enough, after cultivating for 35 odd years, I have yet to discover if there is an ideal time of day/temperature/moon cycle/humidity/any other factor, for the pulling of the plant ceremony in order to achieve maximum efficiency. I have heard many interesting and some not very probable 'ideal' moments to rip em out. If there is any research I can do, or if anyone has already researched and can save me some moments of random concentration, I would truly appreciate your response. If you have heard dead certs from a mate or someone bragging at a party or school reunion, there is most likely to be little validity to the theory since no one in their right mind will freely give away their secrets of good smoko.

Once I did pull the plants when the moon was full and immediately immersed the root system in warm sugared water for 1/2 an hour before hanging. Other than being a reasonably smooth smoke, I recall little of the experience. I've come to the realisation that this type of research is best left to someone who can concentrate for an extended period of time. I'm not that person.

You say that "no one in their right mind will freely give away their secrets of good smoko" yet you are here asking for that info? I reckon you are in luck though, cause the majority of members here do give their time and info freely, hence all the pinned articles, and responses to questions such as these. Im sure someone will have something for you Edited by Ernie420

Interesting read,Ozpike.

I'm like you. Years of harvesting haven't helped much !

I harvest early then late then midway. I've harvested when half the pistils are brown.

Always worried about timing !!!

Those "trics" are the worst thing to harvest by in my opinion !!

"Leave those plants growing untill the trics are milky or half brown," etc etc they say.

Well..Hmm

I'll never do that again. I've left both varieties of weed flowering based on trics showing milky to brown and had ROTTEN results. Plants nearly dead and still most of those trics clear and shiny. Harvest that lot and hardly any potency. Just a nearly dead plant.

So..I'm now back to harvest when half the Pistils are brown. Forget those microscopes .

It's the way it was done for years.

greetnz

harvest is strictly a personal ting

ideal time of day or moon cycle

"ideal" you mean for max THC content ---> high tide,., fertile moon

as soon as 50% of the trics turn amber

max THC content

but is that??? what you like best????

the easiest way to tell when is best for you.,.,., is to sample it first

you may prefer early high CBD content or later high CBN content

or some where in between

harvest is strictly personal preference

irey guidance

You say that "no one in their right mind will freely give away their secrets of good smoko" yet you are here asking for that info? I reckon you are in luck though, cause the majority of members here do give their time and info freely, hence all the pinned articles, and responses to questions such as these. Im sure someone will have something for you

Thanks Ernie for your response. When I mentioned state of minds and giving valid info, I was referring to the 'gathering mentality' of ego first and apologise maybe when it all goes pear shaped. I feel this forum to be somewhat more focused than a school reunion for instance. And besides that, I haven't really decided much about right minds yet. I'm happy enough to continue the dialogue and aim for a consensus.

Cut the roots away in darkness. The plant stores it's nutrients in it's roots during the night, and brings them up again during sunlight. Let nutes in the bud means less harsh smoke.

Allegedly

I like the allegedly aspect. A sort of official disclaimer but may also be true. I was considering wether to harvest at night when visibility is low or does the plant reduce the production of resin when the photosynthesis reverses. I've yet to discover if this is a myth from one of those reunions.