Hi all,

Seeing as it appears I am now allowed to post again, I thought I would let you know that the advice (yes, lets call it advice) of the OS members and a little reading has showed me the error of my ways. While LED's can produce a light more closely suited to a plants needs, they simply cannot get around the lumen (or lack there of) issue. Maybe in the future, but by that stage plasma lights will be probably be more affordable, so LED may actually never get lift off.

To anyone I may have inadvertently offended with my zeal, I sincerely do apologise.......................:bang:

Anyhoo, to set my decision in stone, right on cue, ol' matey comes around and gives me a 1000w and 2x400W lamps with ballasts, a couple cfl's, 3 inline fans, spare bulbs and a whole bunch of other stuff, pretty much everything except a tent. So HID it is!

I am thinking of going SoG or ScrOG for my first indoor grow, or is that perhaps too adventurous for my first try indoors? I have read a couple grow diaries and seems fairly straight forward.

I thought I might also share that I found a super-cheap grow tent that I think will fit the bill, its 1.95x1.95x1.95 for $109 at amazon.com. I realise it wont be a Secret Jardin Super Deluxe, but it should be ok to get me started with.

You did a lot of reading according to other posts you`ve made on this subject, in depth, even unable to quantify our tiny collective mindset towards such issue.

Yet after being a complete arsehole and barred for 48 hours, you`ve seen the light...?

Your opening statement suggests you`re still the arrogant turd we believe you to be... Now please show us as to why any further posts by yourself should be dignified with any sort of civil response.

Awaiting further correspondence.

Regards, a random community member

• Upvote 1

SOG or ScrOG should'nt be problem provided you've got the right idea. Plenty of reading and knowledge in the subject will benefit you most.

But you're skill will only increase with each grow. I say go for gold, you're already mentally invested. :D

As for the tents each to their own as long as you didn't inadvertently purchase one of the gassing tents you should be sweet.

I can only dream of proving myself worthy of you jaikai :bow:

I have apologised, whether you choose to accept it and move on, or not, doesn't really have anything to do with me.

Gassing tent? Hope not, sounds bad. How would I know? I've just been looking around for the last couple weeks for a tent, and I was surprised to find Amazon had the cheapest, by far. Just thought some other newbies might like to know.

No biggy, I was wrong, that I can deal with. Just glad it didn't end up being an expensive mistake, that would have been harder to deal with :thumbdown:

I also found this very cool guy who owns a hydro store down in Nerang (Gold Coast). Not only is he more than happy to stock all the CANA brand, he also sells second hand gear cheap, and he has got shitloads of it! I was going to get everything from him until I got given all the lights and stuff, still going to get all my consumables and anything else I might need from him. Really cool, he even gave me free postage......

Welcome back, nice to meet you again. :peace:

The gassing problem is usually associated with cheap tents that have a white film interior, if you go for one that has a mylar interior such as this one, which is slightly dearer you will stear clear of the whole problem. If you spend a little more money on the best tent you can afford it will serve you well for a long time. I have had el cheapo tents and very expensive tents and the difference in quality is substantial. Making a good choice the first time will save you money, blood, sweat and tears imo.

SOG could be a bit challenging for your first run. It requires a good technical skill of cloning, mother plants and can not be done effectively from seed. If you have access to clones then perhaps it is a viable possibility. You also have to consider the size of the tent you will get if you want to run a grow tray for SOG in it. Usual sizes are 900mm square and 1100mm square.

SCROG is probably the better option. If you are just doing one plant then you could do it from seed, but if you plan to run several plants again clones are your best bet for uniformity and the 100% chance of females. You don't want to be pulling out males and having gaping holes in your net as you begin flowering.

Perhaps you should consider LST as you can do it from seed, chuck the males easily and get the best bang for your buck from each girl all the while keeping your plant numbers down.

As for your second hand gear, be careful of using second hand bulbs unless you really trust the person you got them from and can really believe how long they have been used for - never buy them from eBay etc. :thumbdown:

Sounds like you should give your friend a thankyou for the free gear - that has saved you a lot of dollars. :thumbsup:

Good luck and keep us posted,

Jimbo :bongon:

Thanks Jimbo,

Definitely no second hand bulbs, gotcha. Ive still got a couple of plants outside that I just couldnt bear to get rid of, so I can get clones. The tent is 1.95x1.95x1.95 (and mylar lined :thumbsup: ), so a table in the tent would be ok, but maybe an LST is the way to go to start with, until I get a bit more confident.

On a serious note, I have always been led to understand that one sure way of getting a knock on the door from the filth is due to excessive electricity consumption. Is there any guidelines or some such to best avoid detection?

On a serious note, I have always been led to understand that one sure way of getting a knock on the door from the filth is due to excessive electricity consumption. Is there any guidelines or some such to best avoid detection?

You really need to be using a LOT of juice to be noticed just for your usage. If you think about it the average oil heater is 2400w, so are many air cons.

Pay your bill on time and not stealing electricity are the best ways to not get caught by your power company.

Jimbo :peace:

Edited by jimbojones5678