• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Bug eating outdoor seedlings

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

syco7

syco7

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 Posts:
  • Interests:Motorbikes, saltwater aquariums (similiar to growing pot only differnce is your growing a reef in your bedroom, same principles), fishing, boxing, rc planes when I have the money and obviously the growing the sacred herb!!
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: the giant fire ball in the sky

Mainly trap them to keep numbers down. A damp newspaper works, they love it. You just throw the paper in the bin when you got plenty in among it. Also a few powders/ poisons available.

As for height limitations, I get em in me letterbox :thumbdown:

JAIKAI

I just figured no point in trapping em cause its the bush and even if a few die more will always be back but i might be wrong ill try your idea and see what happens. Cheers for the info

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

demistify

demistify

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts:
  • Interests:nature, bushwalking, gardening, watering the garden, rest and relaxation.
    power structures in language.
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
I 'm thinking a mulched area is pretty sterile for insects. there's nothing there for them ... it's like a mono environment. of course beasties can live under mulch but I 'm thinking these type beasties are not what eating yr plants. I can see tho that if yr plot is in the suburbs every insect around will be concentrating on that little bit of bush.

the bit that gets me is that some of yr seedlings were pulled out which makes me think of animals not insects which have super sharp chewers. could be small rodents? there are such things as herbivorous mice and rats. like I 'm sharing a plant with some at the moment. it's a big plant and they're not eating much of it so I 'm not too woried .... but my point is that the little beasties are walking from fence to plant along the thin rope (about 2mm) I have the plant braced up with. so as you see these beasties have access almost everywhere ... and there could be a remnant colony in yr little piece of bushland. dunno ... ?

johnny_blown

johnny_blown

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: hps lights
probably koalas hahahaha

syco7

syco7

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 Posts:
  • Interests:Motorbikes, saltwater aquariums (similiar to growing pot only differnce is your growing a reef in your bedroom, same principles), fishing, boxing, rc planes when I have the money and obviously the growing the sacred herb!!
the seedlings which were pulled out were so small i mean like even a slug could probably bend it with its weight. So I don't know it wasn't like the seedlings were anything big but ill try the mulch thing. But um can i use leaves and bits pf plants for mulch? And your probably right that place is probz infested with bugs since theres not much bush round there. Ill take a pic of it tomorrow and show how the place looks. My main concern right now is if the weather will stay warm enough for the plants to produce heads or not. If i can get some mouse traps I will just to see if there are any mice lurking around. Maybe your right and they are the culprits but the things is some of the seedlings looked like theyve only been chewed abit. Like what a bug does. Cheers

Auntynorm

Auntynorm

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 Posts:
  • Interests:My Dog (my best mate), my chooks, gardening, fishing, cooking, playing guitar, blues music, my friends, guns, Porsche's.
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Lighting: The big one in the sky! But I like HPS too!!
G'day syco. Starlings are a bastard for that sort of thing. I've had 'em pull out vege seedlings 8"-10" tall. Slug gun solves that problem.

syco7

syco7

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 Posts:
auntynorm do you mean starlings as birds. Believe me if i new it was those guys id wait for them with a double barrel shottie and blow em to pieces. I dont know man some times this shit gets on your mind so much that you just say to hell with it and just sit back and let every thing take its course. But its all good im getting 25 mroe seeds of this strain plus ill probably be getting 50 - 200 White widow seeds in around a month from my other babies plus around another 50 - 200 kali mist seeds. So they should be real good for the coming up season.

syco7

syco7

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 Posts:
Good news i checked out my grow today. Everything is lookin good since i put that DIY dome over them. I was gona take pics but it was all humid inside the dome so couldnt see much. Ill take some pics when the sun comes back out.

nitram

nitram

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3364 Posts:
  • Cannabis Photography Competition

• Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
Hi pyco7

It could be small bugs eating the new folliage or small snails beer for the snails & garlic for the crawling/flyng bugs

garlic -Crusg a cube if carkic up + water let stand for 12 hrs - fol. spray seedling & a little spray on the bed around bottom

beer - mote around you pot or plant base
:yinyang:
Nitty.

Nitty's Newby's choice :
DWC's Nutrrients promplem with pictures
Beneficial Insects, Mites & Organism
Fungus Gnat Control and Thrips Control

Ask not "What if" or "What will." For yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. Just enjoy NOW.

tomScro

tomScro

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
Probably to late now so for future reference the problem could have been bush rats.
I once had about 20 plants all eaten to a stump. The plants were tree seedlings (Currajong).
Every part ok this tree is edible and so a bush rat ate them.
I set a trap and caought it overnight, confirming it was a bush rat.
Cheers.
Where are the feasts they promised us?
Jim Morrison.
He who destroys a thing to learn its nature has departed from the path of wisdom.
Presumably Budhist.
Out here on the perimeter, there are no stars.
Out here we is stoned,
Immaculate.
Jim Morrison.
The vision of God thou dost see, is my visions greatest enemy.
Nobody. (from the Johnny Depp movie, Deadman).

brick

brick

live the dream

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3939 Posts:
  • Interests:PAKALOLO
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 1x250 MH for veg 1 x 400 watt HPS flower. Mainly the sun.
Birds! They be the culprits. They either pull them out or eat the leaves and a bit of stalk.:ack:
When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength.
Give thanks for your food and the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks,
The fault lies in yourself.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

[/size]

"Anyway i never count on anything until it's in my hand and i've got a good grip of it." d

'A true friend is someone who knows you're
a good egg even if you're a little cracked.'

Man has a poor understanding of life. He mistakes knowledge for wisdom. He tries to unveil the holy secrets of our Father, the Great Spirit.

He attempts to impose his laws and ways on Mother Earth.
Even though he, himself, is a part of nature, he chooses to disregard, and ignore it, for the sake of his own immediate gain.
But the laws of nature are far stronger than those of mankind…

Chief White Cloud. The Circle of life.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."' - Former U.S. President,

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.