Client satisfaction with GP cannabis interventions

So what happened with this Mongy? ... was there any further interaction with Jan Copeland or the NCPIC?

yeah would be interested to know where this has gone, especially after having a hectic argument with a fellow member about this very subject :scratchin:

Sorry fellas, ironically I've been busy having to sort out some of my own dissatisfaction with Doctors who cant back claims with facts.

Ok, If you have a question post it in this thread here Questions for the NCPIC With a bit of luck Jan is genuine as her email has suggested and she will reply to them. Hopefully we might get some answers and productive discussion between the NCPIC and the Australian Cannabis Community come from it.

Please keep all posts as short as possible. (Don't hog the microphone in other words) :bongon:

Peace MongyMan

sounds like I 'm lucky to have an MD locally who smokes weed and quietly 'prescribes' it when he thinks it's appropriate. (the clientelle in his waiting room are a varied and interesting looking bunch.) he got busted when a neighbour saw nine plants in his yard. the court system was compassionate(?), gave a $300 fine, but the the local doctors then dobbed him in to the AMA and the MD had to hire a barrister to argue why his license should not be taken away. very stressful but he survived and is still practicing.

poorly quoted - i beleive thats called paraphrasing...

and yes, I'll agree. It's all mental.

All addiction is mental.

i would'nt go saying stuff like that till you'v been addicted to heavy opiets bro "ITS FUCKING TOURCHER " bro

an i THINK pot is a very very mild addiction , thats why you'r body craves a lil for first few days , to me thats adiction in a mild form

pm me an ill give ya a 101 on opiet / benzo add, short ,long use its all diff

Edited by smashed1

A few years ago I saw a GP because I had a bad flu. He asked me about tobacco, alcohol and drug use. I informed him that I only smoke weed, no alchol or anything else. He proceeded to tell me what an idiot I am, take some panadol for your flu and fuck off! (in not so may words). I had never left a doctors office feeling so low. Now i am reluctant to talk to doctors about it at all, particularly old fart ones who have been buying into propaganda for the last 50 years!!

Client Satisfaction with GP Cannabis Use Interventions Study

NCPIC has launched an online survey regarding the experiences of cannabis users who have visited a General Practitioner (GP) regarding any cannabis use concerns. The survey is designed to help NCPIC gain a better understanding of how GPs manage their clients who present with cannabis use concerns and what expectations the clients have prior to visiting. In addition the survey questions how satisfied the client of a GP was in regards to the health professional’s response.

There's no use in me answering the survey, unless I can tick a box that says

1. My GP is happy with the therapeutic benefits of Cannabis and

2. Understands that prohibition causes far more problems for society than benefits

Good work on the invitation Mongy :bongon:

Personally, I would never tell a doctor I use Cannabis. Moreover, I don't feel I need a doctor to tell me it's OK to use something that I know works for me and is a lot safer then the pharmaceutical drugs they sell (my dad is a pharmaceutical guinea pig who takes 17 tablets a day! Sadly, he is a mess now and refuses to trial Cannabis. His reasoning: because it's illegal).

A great example is when I scratched my corneas (three times in about 9 months and it turned out to be my contact lenses causing the issues as my Optometrist confirmed others where having similar issues. But that's another story...). Severe pain for 3 days which left me lying in bed with my eyes closed as I could only open them briefly and had completely blurred and very limited eye sight.

It's important to note that the first two times I scratched my corneas I was not smoking Cannabis. I was of the propaganda opinion that Cannabis killed brain cells and was a gateway drug etc. etc..

Each time I went to the hospital where they gave me eye drops that numbed my eyes so I could open them. However it only last 15 minutes and they were not permitted to give me any of the eye drops to take home due to some danger with them being over used.

The third time it happened I had since learned the true benefits of Cannabis (I was using it as I have benign tumors in my legs that I've had for 7-odd years and want to see if it actually dissolved them (after watching Rick Simpson :) - which it has begun to do. Again, another story...) so after my visit to the hospital to get my eyes checked I came home and sparked up some Cannabis. I was completely shocked at the results. Not only did it completely eliminate the pain, I could actually open my eyes and keep them open for up to 3 hours! I still had the blurred vision but that's a physical defect which only time can heal.

In addition to that, 12 months prior to me smoking Cannabis I had an eye test and the Optometrist confirmed my eye sight was getting worse (which I knew because my contacts and glasses weren't enhancing my eyesight as much as they used to and that had been the tread since day one - i.e. 15 years) so I got a stronger prescription. Fast forward 6 months after I started smoking Cannabis, I went to another Optometrist (I had moved) to get a check up for new contact lenses and the Optometrist told me my eye sight had improved! I firmly believe it was the Cannabis which improved my eye sight as it does with people who suffer from Glaucoma.

I know I'm off topic here but my point is no one needs to suffer or risk persecution simply because they want to 'do the right thing' when it's clear that society couldn't give a rats arse. I have zero confidence NCPIC will contribute anything of great value to this forum or society.

For them to release pro-cannabis information would mean a contradiction to their name (National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre). If you're gonna hold your breath I suggest taking a puff first.

Edited by daemon

NCPIC has launched an online survey regarding the experiences of cannabis users who have visited a General Practitioner (GP) regarding any cannabis use concerns. Yeah what a study firstly who will go to the local gp and say my cannabis use is a concern. And how much is this study costing me, I dont want to fund an obserd study. Proberbly privately funded by pharmacudical companies (again). If your after drugs and have no money go to the local gp, ahh doc i am ahh wanting to get high wait., not get high, sure man you've come to the right place i'll give you these and if they dont work come back and i'll give you those and if those dont work we'll try the other ones and if .. hold on doc how much is this going to cost.. aegh not much just a little for the rest of your life. Wow doc this is an evil drug to get off , yes thats right son Marijuana is very bad thanks to pharmacutical companies mabe we can stop this... wow doc thanks for the help but isn't it true that you get paid per script for "recomending" medications by big companies like pfizer bayer and johnsen & johnsen. n n n n n no says the doctor stuttering like steady eddie, you have a medical condition and these drugs combat your illness, illness doc what illness, well I dont know im only a doctor, what pills would you like again. Im thinking vallium and mabe something stronger next time.

Has any one read all the side effects on the pills you have prescribed, no wonder there is a war on drugs, they wouldn't want you to actually heal just stay on their drugs. funding from private companies to support electrol comitties should be banned if you are payed $250 000 by a drug company you would hardly say a negitive word towards them and hey you might even look at proposals they may have like government funded studies ie bullshit about cannabis.

I just went onto their website to have a look at the survey. Its just asking questions about how the GP advised you - could be quite interesting to show what a mess the system is - Chronmaster you should definitely say your piece - this is a great opportunity to let the government know what its like to speak to health professionals about da erb. For anybody who wants to make their voices heard, you can find the survey here:

http://www.surveys.unsw.edu.au/survey/155398/6de3/

i can tell ya how my last and current GPs have "managed" my needs.....the last old bastard couldnt feed me enough drugs to get off drugs :blink: and this one tells me im drug dependent and need to go to rehab :crazy:

neither doctor took the time to listen to my reasons for why i use cannabis, ....as soon as they heard the words "i use cannabis",to help me with.....they made up thier mind >:( ....both offered anti depressants and both went on to explain how evil they thought it was :crap: :ack:

the only concerns i have about my long term cannabis use is the fear of being busted for growing/smoking and the stress and anxiety that come from that concern :wacko:

cause as far as im concerned, my cannabis use shouldnt be of anyone els`s concern :huh:

so no, i wont be doing the survey either, i`ve wasted enough time talking to GPs and "experts" to last a life time :faint:

:peace: :bongon:

i can tell ya how my last and current GPs have "managed" my needs.....the last old bastard couldnt feed me enough drugs to get off drugs :blink: and this one tells me im drug dependent and need to go to rehab :crazy:

neither doctor took the time to listen to my reasons for why i use cannabis, ....as soon as they heard the words "i use cannabis",to help me with.....they made up thier mind >:( ....both offered anti depressants and both went on to explain how evil they thought it was :crap: :ack:

the only concerns i have about my long term cannabis use is the fear of being busted for growing/smoking and the stress and anxiety that come from that concern :wacko:

cause as far as im concerned, my cannabis use shouldnt be of anyone els`s concern :huh:

so no, i wont be doing the survey either, i`ve wasted enough time talking to GPs and "experts" to last a life time :faint:

:peace: :bongon:

• Oz unpinned this topic