Client satisfaction with GP cannabis interventions

i wasnt real happy with my doc other day, he just wanted to give me tabs lol , arsehole thumbdown.gif

after 9 months an there shit i end up dry reaching every morning , like clock work,

an thats not half of it thumbdown.gif an no way to get a tab down before that, it just aint guna hapen,

nearly fainted a couple times, so why they doing that to us, when theres better ,safer, easyer crap to use bongon.gif

tell yous what, i would mind throwing a handfull of oxys down that fk's throught every day, see what he thinks, the wanker

Edited by smashed1

I would like to say in regards to the OP, that I strongly advise people against telling their GP that they have used Cannabis, this information could issued a subpoena in a court related matter or the police may end up with information which could be used to persecute you, not to mention other government organizations, such as Child Protection that would use such information against you. Also telling your GP that you use the benign and highly safe substance Marijuana you may be treated like a drug abuser, and not issued opiates based pain medicines and other medicines when you need them.

I have been smoking pot since I was 13, I am now 37, I have never experienced any problems from pot, and I know many dozens of people that actively smoke it, and I have never heard of any of these people experience problems. I know many young teenagers that smoke it, and have been doing so for years, that do not have any problems. My only concern is when they mix it with tobacco, which makes it addictive.

I use marijuana for enjoyment and to help control my psychiatric problems (It is important to note, that I was diagnosed with my psychiatric problems BEFORE I ever smoked marijuana). I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and various other types of mental trauma, and Marijuana is a very useful tool to help alleviate the extreme emotional states I can find myself in as a result of memories resurfacing or stress. I do not use it as a crux, and I am not in any way addicted to Cannabis, even knows at various times I have smoked as much as 20 joints per day. However these days my usage is milder, because I am busy in life, and don't have the time to always indulge.

Also my brother who has an honors degree from university, and is in a senior managerial positions and earns $100,000 per year, he has been smoking Marijuana since age 14 on a daily basis, and has no problems whatsoever, and is entirely successful, he also knows many people that smoke it and has made the observation that they are all successful, employed, and well balanced individuals, many of them have been smoking for decades.

This thread is about this propaganda organization trying to make Cannabis seem harmful, as though its use needs to be "prevented". Quite honestly I am convinced that marijuana is around 97% less harmful than alcohol or tobacco. It is profoundly safer than the "legal" drugs alcohol and tobacco, which are filthy disgusting substances.

Edited by cybergenesis

I'm happy to report I received a reply to my invite for the NCPIC to participate in this thread from Jan Copeland.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to the online Australian cannabis community Jan.

Reply quoted below....

Hi,

Thanks for your invitation to participate in your community’s blog. I am happy to make myself available for an hour to respond to comments or queries from your community members. When would be a convenient time? If I cannot accommodate your first option, I hope we can make a mutually agreeable time in the next few weeks, Jan

An hour isn't much time and this may just be a token gesture on Jan's part is my first thoughts (I might just be over cynical from past experience of the NCPIC though :scratchin:) but an hour is better than nothing.

So what do people think is the best way to use the hour?

Personally I'd like to see a designated forum where people can ask the NCPIC questions, express concerns or give suggestions. An hour a week minimum, spent participating in this forum wouldn't be too much to expect from the NCPIC imo especially given their legal obligations.

Peace MongyMan

Why talk to these nutcases? They are fanatics... Its like atheists bothering to try and argue with christians.

Nothing anybody can say or do will stop me smoking pot, nor advocating pot to various others. I love Maryjane, it brings me a lot of happiness and entertainment, and indeed often inspires me. I am not open to debate when it comes to Pot. I happily encourage various teenagers to use it.

Edited by cybergenesis

An hour. Are you kidding, Jan?

If indeed you were in a dedicated forum, an hour of your time might be enough time to answer what, maybe 10 questions? If we're lucky?

And of those ten questions, how many would actually get an informative, usefull answer from somewhere thats trying to LOWER marijuana consumption?

QUOTE FROM NCPIC WEBSITE

The NCPIC mission is to reduce the use of cannabis in Australia by preventing uptake and providing the community with evidence-based information and interventions.

Okay, lets look at the facts. These will be lifted in short from Wikipedia as I do not have sufficient texts available to me at this time.

One: Glaucoma, a condition of increased pressure within the eyeball causing gradual loss of sight, can be treated with medical marijuana to decrease this intraocular pressure

Two: Medical cannabis is also used for analgesia, or pain relief. It is also reported to be beneficial for treating certain neurological illnesses such as epilepsy, and bipolar disorder.[99] Case reports have found that Cannabis can relieve tics in people with obsessive compulsive disorder and Tourette syndrome. Patients treated with tetrahydrocannabinol, the main psychoactive chemical found in Cannabis, reported a significant decrease in both motor and vocal tics, some of 50% or more.[100][101][102] Some decrease in obsessive-compulsive behavior was also found.[100] A recent study has also concluded that cannabinoids found in Cannabis might have the ability to prevent Alzheimer's disease.[103] THC has been shown to reduce arterial blockages.[104]

Three: Clinical trials conducted by the American Marijuana Policy Project, have shown the efficacy of cannabis as a treatment for cancer and AIDS patients, who often suffer from clinical depression, and from nausea and resulting weight loss due to chemotherapy and other aggressive treatments.

Four: Me. Trust me. This world would be hell if I wasnt high. As mentioned elsewhere, I'm not just some stoner, I have issues that cannabis helps me overcome.

Okay, so there are the facts as far as i can see for legalisation for MEDICAL REASONS at the very least.

Would you care to answer me on THOSE points, Ms./Mrs. Copeland?

Edited by STONEDAJ69

Okay, I'm back for round two, looking for a TKO now... Bloody brainwaves...

The government is concerned about people smoking the demon green, right? The only reasons I can think of for the gov't to have a problem with it are the possible "mental health" issues, (yeah i know, BS), so why not do this:

Make weed legal. It is the ONLY thing that makes sense.

Make it legal, and tax it.

Because lets look at the current pricing scheme in my local area. And keep in mind that this is CHEAP compared to some areas in Australia.

1.7Gr = $25

Quarter = $75

Half $140

Whole $270

Now, if the government was to LEGALIZE, Half the price, and then put 10% tax on top of that and divert it into mental health funding, school funding, and away from funding the court system and prisons (Or at least away from funding the people who are unjustly convicted because of marijuana), you would see prices such as:

$15 for 1.7 Gr ($1.25 tax)

$41.25 a qtr ($3.75 tax)

$77 a half ($7 tax)

$148.50 an ounce ($13.50 tax)

So, not only is the government EARNING money by legalising and taxing, they are diverting money away from prisons,

and the people who are forced to pay exorbitant prices by drug dealers affiliated with Hells Angels (and the like) for their weed are going to be able to spend more money on their children, on food, on keeping their car roadworthy, face it, it will boost the economy.

Speaking of buying it - if the Government was to control and regulate it like the tobacco industry, it would cut COMPLETELY the drug profits from organizations such as the hells angels - and it would also (hopefully) abolish the shameful and UNHEALTHY use of PGRS.

And they could keep it away from the kiddies!

Why talk to these nutcases? They are fanatics... Its like atheists bothering to try and argue with christians.

Mabe they see you the same way cyber? The big difference is that what they think and do actually affects the Australian public and in particular the Australian cannabis community in a negative way mostly. How can this be in the public interest? There will never be any positive changes if they are left to do their job as 'cowboys' who have no communication with the very people they are claiming to be working for and helping?

The problem imo with the NCPIC isn't that they exist as a legal entity even if I don't agree they are needed They exist so the government complies with international treaties signed by Australia that agree to actively discourage the recreational use of ALL drugs. It's that they seem to have forgotten the same treaties say medical cannabis MUST be made available as they refuse to recognise or educate people on the benefits medical cannabis can have. The 'information' they publish in an over zealous effort to be part of the 'war on cannabis' is more often than not biased, cherry picked and often blatantly inaccurate and ALWAYS anti-cannabis.

It is the serious lack of balance to the information they publish is the problem IMO. They may as well just call themselves the NCPC atm and drop the information part of the name.

A balanced accurate information service is what the government is supposed to be funding here (this would be in the public's interest) not a department of propaganda. When is the NCPIC going to start genuinely acting in the public's interest?

Peace MongyMan

Hi all - just curious AJ why the hell are you not considering in your economic reasoning the 'social implications' of such introductiona.

The police force(s) are a non-military highly effective political force ........ ...... .... one thing I am aware of is that Dr's, Lawers & the militarty are best of supportive M8's.

An economic argumet devoid of a Social Impact Assessment (SIA) has little chance of sucess !

:yinyamg:

Nitty.

• Oz unpinned this topic