Client satisfaction with GP cannabis interventions

Client Satisfaction with GP Cannabis Use Interventions Study

NCPIC has launched an online survey regarding the experiences of cannabis users who have visited a General Practitioner (GP) regarding any cannabis use concerns. The survey is designed to help NCPIC gain a better understanding of how GPs manage their clients who present with cannabis use concerns and what expectations the clients have prior to visiting. In addition the survey questions how satisfied the client of a GP was in regards to the health professional’s response.

I won't be doing the survey. The NCPIC (National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre) has proven time and time again in the past they have no understanding of the concept of providing accurate balanced information about cannabis.

They have chosen to only represent the Prevention part of their name and have forgotten about the Information, instead replacing that with predominately cherry picked, grossly inaccurate and always biased, anti-cannabis media reports and studies (most of which are released by pharmaceutical companies etc.)

THIS IS NOT IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST.

WHO ARE YOU SERVING NCPIC? THE AUSTRALIAN PUBLIC OR OTHER INTERESTS?

there are laws that say it HAS to be the Australian public as you know. When is the NCPIC going to comply with those laws?

A more accurate name for them would be the NCPIC (National Cannabis Propaganda Information Centre)

Peace MongyMan

Ps.....For those not farmiliar with who they are....NCPIC

• Upvote 2

i can tell ya how my last and current GPs have "managed" my needs.....the last old bastard couldnt feed me enough drugs to get off drugs :blink: and this one tells me im drug dependent and need to go to rehab :crazy:

neither doctor took the time to listen to my reasons for why i use cannabis, ....as soon as they heard the words "i use cannabis",to help me with.....they made up thier mind >:( ....both offered anti depressants and both went on to explain how evil they thought it was :crap: :ack:

the only concerns i have about my long term cannabis use is the fear of being busted for growing/smoking and the stress and anxiety that come from that concern :wacko:

cause as far as im concerned, my cannabis use shouldnt be of anyone els`s concern :huh:

so no, i wont be doing the survey either, i`ve wasted enough time talking to GPs and "experts" to last a life time :faint:

:peace: :bongon:

• Upvote 2

If your from NCPIC then bugger off, your not welcome here.

Personally I would like to see the NCPIC comply with government acts and include the general Australian cannabis community in discussions about how they can best represent and serve the public interest in the way they carry out their duties.

Unfortunately all we have seen from the NCPIC here at Ozstoners/Cannanation (which IS Australia's largest online representation of that community) is spamming their surveys and 1 thread they backed out of quickly when they couldn't answer the questions being put to them about the accuracy of their 'information' and how they serve the public's interest. (it started as a spam their survey thread).

So what about it NPCIC? I can be contacted at mongyman@ozstoners.com Send me an email and we can talk about a designated forum where the NCPIC can be a real part of the Australian Cannabis Community.

Peace MongyMan

Ps.....To be sure the NCPIC is aware of this thread I sent them this email from the 'contact us' link on their site.

To the director/directors of the NPCIC.

You are formally invited to take part in the online discussion listed below.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php/topic/31707-client-satisfaction-with-gp-cannabis-interventions/#entry292945

Please accept this invite from me on behalf of the Australian cannabis community for the NCPIC to take part in this discussion on the grounds that it is in the public interest.

If the NCPIC should chose not to take part in this online discussion please reply to mongyman@ozstoners.com with all and any reasons as to why this decision was made in order to alleviate the concerns I and many others have that the NCPIC is not communicating and more importantly, including, the Australian cannabis community in it's decisions and the applications of it's duty under law that result from that inaction on the NCPIC's part.

Any reply received by me will be posted in the thread above as it is in the publics interest.

Peace MongyMan

• Upvote 1

a designated forum for ncpic aye?........im guessing that would entail a shitload of "redirected" threads :twitchsmile:

maybe some of the cutting and the pasting :whistle:

i dunno if they can/could handle the truth :uhhuh:

i bet they dont answer ....or if they do, and they get told/shown the truth with thier own forum....they still wouldnt publicize it :nea:

though it would be nice if they did :freak:

:bongon:

Must admit I'm not holding my breath Baker. The way I see it, is if the NCPIC is 'fair dinkum' and not just an organisation who's only aim is to spread anti-cannabis propaganda (which would be against the public interest) then they will be more than happy to have a forum here where they can openly talk to the Australian cannabis community about cannabis.

If their facts are sound and their 'information' of any benefit to the Australian public and more specifically the Australian cannabis community it will be a success.

If they don't want a forum here I can only assume they have something to hide and are scared of open discussions.

In the mean time :bongon:

Peace MongyMan

• Upvote 1

My doc could manage my cannabis usage much better if he supplied me with top quality buds at a bargin price. :harhar:

I once made the mistake of telling my doc that i used cannabis, he looked at my files & saw that i had gone thru a bout of depression & straight away said 'oh i can cure your depression, we'll get u off the cannabis & onto Valium' Never even bothered to read my file properly, if he had he would have seen the depression was some 5 years earlier & happened right after my Dad died & passed after about 8 mths. :wallbash:

I now have a different doc & i keep my pot smoking strictly between my wife & my self - & you guys of course but shhh don't tell anyone will ya. lol

Must be Government grant time. :scratchin:

Got it in one...

Unfortunately our public servants are just there to service the requirements of the people in charge.

My mate works for a state department and I know for a fact that his Director has instructed staff to artificially inflate stats; multiple people refused and were moved to other business units; it was brought to the attention of the Executive Director who did nothing.

Typical government; they aren't there to serve the people they are there to further their own person careers...

Little off topic so i'll bring it back...

perhaps some Right to Information requests for some meeting minutes or something similar...

But the ADG has the ability to deny any request if it brings the department into negative light... so much for transparency.

Edited by headhigh

• Oz unpinned this topic