Cannabis on prescription ( Queensland

Crusader

Question

I have found a doctor in Brisbane who is willing to prescribe cannabis for some ongoing medical conditions. However, she can't find cannabis on the official list of prescribable drugs and I can't find a chemist nearby who has dispensed cannabis. Can anyone help me access medicinal cannabis legally in Brisbane ?

Also, what is the proper name for the street cannabis I usually buy called ' bush bud ' i.e non hydroponic ?

Please refer to this thread:

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php/topic/31510-medical-cannabis-toowoomba/

Different town, same answer.

:peace:

PS. It's usually just refered too as 'Bush' as opposed to 'Hydro', doesnt mean you are getting what you asked for though, anything dense and low in leaf will be labelled hydro, anything fluffy or leafy will be sold as bush.

Edited by TheHeadCing

I have found a doctor in Brisbane who is willing to prescribe cannabis for some ongoing medical conditions. However, she can't find cannabis on the official list of prescribable drugs and I can't find a chemist nearby who has dispensed cannabis. Can anyone help me access medicinal cannabis legally in Brisbane ?

Also, what is the proper name for the street cannabis I usually buy called ' bush bud ' i.e non hydroponic ?

That is awesome news, maybe we could get a register happening just for medicinal use, and really see how many people are using cannabis for legitimate purposes which I am sure would be a lot if everyone was honest. Even if cannabis helps 10 people out of 22 million then it is worth having it as an option for those few but the real number would blow the lid of all this petty human illegality.

Don't rush to Queensland Ashka, I may be able to get a prescription here but I still don't know how or where to get the prescription filled.

Here's a guide from disabled.com ( link below ) about the legality of cannabis in the states of Australia, some states won't label you a criminal for possessing of the ' evil weed '. Good luck.

Medical Cannabis - Politicians in the Australian Capital Territory voted to allow doctors to determine when marijuana is medically appropriate. The decision enraged the Australian Federal Police and intensive lobbying efforts began to reverse the legislative action. Legislators caved-in to the demands of the police, reversed their earlier action, and voted to block doctors from legally prescribing marijuana.

Australian Capital Territory - possession of up to 25 grams, or two plants, is not a criminal offence but carries a $100 fine.

South Australia - Possession of cannabis is a moderate offense, with fines ranging from $150 to $300 for possession and cultivation of small amounts.

Western Australia - Possession of up to two plants is accepted for private use, excess of the latter can face fines of over $150.

New South Wales and Tasmania - Cannabis use is illegal and attracts fines.

Queensland - It is a criminal offence to be in possession of any amount of cannabis, people charged must face court and can be convicted. Possession of cannabis or any schedule 1 or 2 drug specified in the Drugs Misuse Regulation 1987 carries a maximum prison sentence of 15 years in Queensland. Possession of smoking utensils or anything used to smoke cannabis is also a criminal offence in Queensland.

Read more: http://www.disabled-world.com/medical/pharmaceutical/marijuana/#ixzz1EdQ7ey00

Thanks for the updates but I was using the link as a guide to inform Ashka that her intended destination, Queensland, may not be the most lenient state in which to be arrested for possession.

True that!! Good old QLD is the worst state for cannabis lovers, closely followed by NSW (they both are basically zero tolerance and have banned bong sales).

Thanks for the updates but I was using the link as a guide to inform Ashka that her intended destination, Queensland, may not be the most lenient state in which to be arrested for possession.

Thanks for that Crusader, I live in WA at present where the 2 plant exemption has been reversed but I really do not care about the law as have nothing to lose except my eyesight which is more frightening then petty laws. If I need to smoke or digest (cookies or tea) then I would need a lot more than 2 plants.